How are you finding Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazemalone

Reaction score
So it's been launched a while and I just bought a couple of colours to trail on myself to see the longevity, ease of application and over all interest among my clients. As I'm mobile shellac is my bread and butter so introducing Vinylux has me iffing and ahhing. First thing I noticed was its a bit difficult to apply as it's a bit sticky (not sure if I'm just way too used to the wetness of shellac) so any tips with application would be great. And I have to say day three and the only chipping/smudging is from where I've had contact with acetone or scrub fresh so I'm actually amazed that it's not clean off. So basically I'm looking for tips and opinions, thanks guys x

What do to charge for your shellac and Vinylux?

Love it. I paint it on thickish and quick, and do the same with the top coat. I have about 5 days wear which easily beats any other varnish I've used!

Vicki x

I look at it just as a good nail polish. still haven't sold Vinylux treatment as Shellac is what all ladies want around here.
I've been trying it on myself and I also apply it thick as thin applications just doesn't work. Can't get 7 days without chips (usually 4), but I like the fast drying time.

For me the pros are:

Quick dry time, which is great of clients want to slip their shoes back on when its cooler.

Matches shellac colours

No base coat required so quicker to apply.

Cons are:

A real pain to remove!

Some colours are just too sheer.

The top coat thickens quickly (think it has small amounts of gel in it) and gets used up quickly.

But overall I feel a good addition to treatment room as it gives my clients more choice.

I've had great success with vinylux ! It's great for pedicures, nail polish already stays so long and vinylux stays even longer ! I used cake pop from vinylux on my grandmother and it lasted her 10 days !! She probably could have gone longer but they grew out a little and she wanted it off .

Anyways, I give vinylux two thumbs up ! Especially since in Canada we only pay $xx for a bottle !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it. I paint it on thickish and quick, and do the same with the top coat. I have about 5 days wear which easily beats any other varnish I've used!

Vicki x

Do you have many clients for Vinylux versus shellac?

I look at it just as a good nail polish. still haven't sold Vinylux treatment as Shellac is what all ladies want around here.
I've been trying it on myself and I also apply it thick as thin applications just doesn't work. Can't get 7 days without chips (usually 4), but I like the fast drying time.

Well this is my worry-Does anybody want normal polish anymore?

For me the pros are:

Quick dry time, which is great of clients want to slip their shoes back on when its cooler.

Matches shellac colours

No base coat required so quicker to apply.

Cons are:

A real pain to remove!

Some colours are just too sheer.

The top coat thickens quickly (think it has small amounts of gel in it) and gets used up quickly.

But overall I feel a good addition to treatment room as it gives my clients more choice.

Thanks for the pros and cons, exactly what I was looking for. Where you offering normal polish before? Because since I started shellac a couple of years ago I completely stopped normal polish x

I have a good number of the Vinylux colours to use for nail art and for clients who may want just a normal manicure. I've only sold 3 polishes, my ladies are just not remotely interested, even for top ups/toes etc. They all want Shellac which is fine with me :D

I ditto the pros and cons listed. Amazing application and dry time and yes, top coats are seeming to get thick quite quick. Still, it's an amazing polish nonetheless ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your reply Planky, that's my biggest worry that Polish is done and dusted, everyone just wants shellac 😏

I am loving Vinylux, i used OPI before, which was great, but Vinylux really is in a league of its own simply for its quick dry time & high gloss shine.
I will never go back to Gel polish on my toes or fingers, it so much easier & quicker to apply Vinylux & the shine and lasting times are no different!
Im also finding that a few clients that had gel polish also prefer Vinylux, as they can remove it at home rather than have to have it soaked off. So its winning new clients & also converting some old ones too.
I agree that the top coat needs to be applied thickly & therefore a bottle doesnt last as long as other makes, but if you take into account that the price per bottle it still isn't bad.

I am loving Vinylux, i used OPI before, which was great, but Vinylux really is in a league of its own simply for its quick dry time & high gloss shine.
I will never go back to Gel polish on my toes or fingers, it so much easier & quicker to apply Vinylux & the shine and lasting times are no different!
Im also finding that a few clients that had gel polish also prefer Vinylux, as they can remove it at home rather than have to have it soaked off. So its winning new clients & also converting some old ones too.
I agree that the top coat needs to be applied thickly & therefore a bottle doesnt last as long as other makes, but if you take into account that the price per bottle it still isn't bad.

That's great it seems to be really working for you. There really is something about it that I really like, it's getting the clients on board that's the next hurdle 😉

My clients love vinylux for pedicures as they can now match their shellac manicure colour. They like that they get the traditional pedicure but not at the premium price that they have to pay for shellac toes with full pedicure.

I also have clients who can't wear shellac on their fingers (nurses, chefs) so for a night out they can have a vinylux mani and then remove it themselves. Other clients just like being able to change their colour easily.

I do more shellac treatments but plenty of vinylux to justify stocking it.

Hi,

Since stocking vinylux I have sold more nail polishes since May than I have since I opened my salon six years ago!!

And I don't even do a lot of nail treatments anymore (maybe 5 clients per week) I mainly do eyelash extensions now and sell the polish to the clients while I'm doing their lashes.

Laura :))

I've not sold any retail but my clients all love it on their toes when they have their pedicures. It lasts brilliantly and is still on and super shiny when they come back. Lovely for French toes also :)

I have only bought one bottle of vinylux and I hate it! I got bicycle yellow and it's just so awful to use. I started a thread on this as I was so disappointed and others have also been having that problem with it too. Other geeks advised me to try a different colour as bicycle yellow can be abit of a mare to use! I'm awaiting on another colour to come down and I'll hopefully get on better with that :)

I have only bought one bottle of vinylux and I hate it! I got bicycle yellow and it's just so awful to use. I started a thread on this as I was so disappointed and others have also been having that problem with it too. Other geeks advised me to try a different colour as bicycle yellow can be abit of a mare to use! I'm awaiting on another colour to come down and I'll hopefully get on better with that :)

My bicycle yellow arrived yellow, i have had no problems with it.

I'm absolutely crazy about it! I find it wears amazingly well and haven't had the least problem removing it. Everyone loves it. I especially love it over Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. I also love that it dries so quickly.

Latest posts

Back