How are you finding Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just practicing with vinylux as I'm hoping to do mobile in the future. I think the Sheer colours (Beau, Negligee, Grapefruit Sparkle) are much easier and nicer to apply than the Opaque colours. The Opaque colours I've got are Hot Pop Pink, Lilac Longing, Tutti Fruity, Purple Purple and some more and I just find that they are really thick like tippex. Find them really difficult to apply and to look non-streaky.

On the other hand Beau is my absolute favourite I love how it applies and looks.

I think the Sheer colours seem thinner than the opaque colours.

And I'm on my 4th top coat and it's already going thick and gloopy so not impressed :( don't want to pay delivery to get new top coats when I don't need new colours because it's so expensive.

Tempted to try different brands but want to use up what I've got first and then completely re-stock maybe. But I will stock up on Beau and Negligee cause I love those colours :)

Thanks for the reply, have you tried applying the polish thicker? I know what you mean by tippex but I found the more on the brush the easier the application, but as I've said I have only painted my own nails the once so I'm certainly no expert 😉

I'm just practicing with vinylux as I'm hoping to do mobile in the future. I think the Sheer colours (Beau, Negligee, Grapefruit Sparkle) are much easier and nicer to apply than the Opaque colours. The Opaque colours I've got are Hot Pop Pink, Lilac Longing, Tutti Fruity, Purple Purple and some more and I just find that they are really thick like tippex. Find them really difficult to apply and to look non-streaky.

On the other hand Beau is my absolute favourite I love how it applies and looks.

I think the Sheer colours seem thinner than the opaque colours.

And I'm on my 4th top coat and it's already going thick and gloopy so not impressed :( don't want to pay delivery to get new top coats when I don't need new colours because it's so expensive.

Tempted to try different brands but want to use up what I've got first and then completely re-stock maybe. But I will stock up on Beau and Negligee cause I love those colours :)

I have 24 in Vinylux so far & have had no problems with any of the colours, Tutti fruitti is my fave' colour. I think the key is to really give the bottle a good roll in your hands first. I do agree that the topcoat is used quickly though, but again just needs a good roll before each application!

So I just changed my polish not because I needed to but because I really wanted to try svelte suede but for the second time it struck me that the fumes are quite heavy-anyone else think the same? X

Latest posts

Back