How are you finding Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We work on the natural nail - we don't do extensions, so we do have a lot of clients who only want polish. There are clients who have sometimes come from not very reputable salons and have had poor nail care, so are rather wary of anything stronger than a regular varnish. We help them build their nails back to health and then sometimes they'll move on to Shellac, but sometimes they'll stick with Vinylux as thy like the fact they can remove it themselves - usually. I often retail Vinylux, then get them to buy a remover as well!

It all retails well x

Can you do rockstar nails with vinylux?

Can you do rockstar nails with vinylux?

You can indeed! But you gotta time it right :) Apply the glitter to soon and it smudges.... apply it too late and it won't stick. It's not rocket science though, after a couple of practices you'll have it down.
I do it this way:

- Perform P.E.P
- Apply first colour layer to all ten nails.
- Apply second colour layer to first hand and WAIT 30 seconds, then apply glitter to the first hand but don't burnish it in yet, just let it sit on top.
- Apply second colour layer to second hand and again wait 30 seconds, then apply glitter to the second hand but don't burnish it in yet.
- By the time you have done the second hand the first should be ready for you to brush off excess/gently burnish with a soft, dry brush.
- Then do the same to the second hand.
- After all excess glitter is brushed off apply two layers of Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Also check this out,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Llyp7KblC4&list=UUTOBG79uN9UbyhVtbQ6V4qg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies guys, I bought the electric orange to trail and had a bit of trouble applying but i found after a couple of nails on the second coat that the key seemed to be speed. I really think as a few of you pointed out that the pedicure route is what Vinylux is going to be popular for. Matching toes to fingers especially for holly bops I think is my main goal and from there trying to retail for touch ups. I'm also thinking of maybe pushing them as retail for Christmas because clients love shellac so might be inclined to give friends/family there favorite colour as a gift?

I asked my mum today how long it lasted on her holiday on her fingers and she said TWO weeks!!! Amazing :) i am in love with vinylux for my toes but sticking with shellac for my fingers as I love the endless possibilities with shellac x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can indeed! But you gotta time it right :) Apply the glitter to soon and it smudges.... apply it too late and it won't stick. It's not rocket science though, after a couple of practices you'll have it down.
I do it this way:

- Perform P.E.P
- Apply first colour layer to all ten nails.
- Apply second colour layer to first hand and WAIT 30 seconds, then apply glitter to the first hand but don't burnish it in yet, just let it sit on top.
- Apply second colour layer to second hand and again wait 30 seconds, then apply glitter to the second hand but don't burnish it in yet.
- By the time you have done the second hand the first should be ready for you to brush off excess/gently burnish with a soft, dry brush. (I use my same CND Gel No 6 I'd use for glitter with CND Shellac)
- Then do the same to the second hand.
- After all excess glitter is brushed off apply two layers of Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

HTH x

Have you any pics of rockstar Vinylux I'd love to see, for some reason I would think it would be difficult because I did find the polish quite sticky quick x

I asked my mum today how long it lasted on her holiday on her fingers and she said TWO weeks!!! Amazing :) i am in love with vinylux for my toes but sticking with shellac for my fingers as I love the endless possibilities with shellac x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's fab I'm loving it more and more and I can honestly say I had no interest before I tried it on myself x

Have you any pics of rockstar Vinylux I'd love to see, for some reason I would think it would be difficult because I did find the polish quite sticky quick x

I'll try to get some up tomorrow.
It may be that you don't have enough Vinylux on your brush if it's feeling a bit sticky when applying.

I've had nothing but possitive feedback about vinylux, the most recent being a client came in and had her fingers & toes vinyluxed,when she came in she informed me she had to be out quick as she was off to play golf!!! I told her I'd had no client as yet who'd come back and said they'd smugged their vinylux, but there is always a first for everything, and I feared for her toes as they we're put into golf shoes rather quickly after application! Later on that day my client sent me a message and a photo saying 'still gorgeous!', not a smudge in slight! My thoughts on vinylux is it's amazzzzzzzing!!

I'll try to get some up tomorrow.
It may be that you don't have enough Vinylux on your brush if it's feeling a bit sticky when applying.

I think your right I have to remember it's not shellac, because on the second coat I noticed I was "pulling" the polish along instead of "gliding" if you get me. X

I think your right I have to remember it's not shellac, because on the second coat I noticed I was "pulling" the polish along instead of "gliding" if you get me. X

Exactly, shouldn't feel like you are scraping butter on toast! :)

I've had nothing but possitive feedback about vinylux, the most recent being a client came in and had her fingers & toes vinyluxed,when she came in she informed me she had to be out quick as she was off to play golf!!! I told her I'd had no client as yet who'd come back and said they'd smugged their vinylux, but there is always a first for everything, and I feared for her toes as they we're put into golf shoes rather quickly after application! Later on that day my client sent me a message and a photo saying 'still gorgeous!', not a smudge in slight! My thoughts on vinylux is it's amazzzzzzzing!!

That's great to hear because that really is the worry that the client will have beautifully painted socks instead of toes 😉 the girl in S2 told me that you would nearly be able to go for a jog after 8.5 mins with no smudges so it's great to see your feedback confirms this x

Exactly, shouldn't feel like you are scraping butter on toast! :)

I didn't want to say Scraping but that's exactly what it was like so I had to force myself to forget thin to win lol 😋

Thanks for the pros and cons, exactly what I was looking for. Where you offering normal polish before? Because since I started shellac a couple of years ago I completely stopped normal polish x

Yes, I also use opi (which is fab)
I have just used vinylux as an addition. I still do quite a lot of file and varnishes. Not so many manicures since shellac but then I do all beauty treatments so I'm not doing one of anything all day long.
I feel it gives the clients more choice.
Vinylux is good if they're in a hurry or its late at night and its really good for a French paint. :)

Can you put Vinylux on top of Gelish? I recently purchased some Vinylux but am feeling a bit lazy regarding removal of the Gelish, as it seems to be going on and on :)

Also, the Rockstar Vinylux tips sound great, I've been a bit scared t use glitter as (and I know this will probably sound silly) but I've no idea how to apply it. How exactly do you apply it to where you want it to go??

Wee fi thanks loads!!!!!

Gona try this today!!

I've just introduce Vinuylux in the salon, so enjoying this thread!

Still unsure of what to charge clients

Can you put Vinylux on top of Gelish? I recently purchased some Vinylux but am feeling a bit lazy regarding removal of the Gelish, as it seems to be going on and on :)

Also, the Rockstar Vinylux tips sound great, I've been a bit scared t use glitter as (and I know this will probably sound silly) but I've no idea how to apply it. How exactly do you apply it to where you want it to go??

When im doing rockstar shellac I always apply with a small dry flat brush but if I want French rockstar shellac ill slightly dampen the brush with iso alcohol x

Yes, I also use opi (which is fab)
I have just used vinylux as an addition. I still do quite a lot of file and varnishes. Not so many manicures since shellac but then I do all beauty treatments so I'm not doing one of anything all day long.
I feel it gives the clients more choice.
Vinylux is good if they're in a hurry or its late at night and its really good for a French paint. :)

Thanks a million I'm definitely going to pick up a few colours anyway as the pro price point is so reasonable that even if I only ever use them on myself it's not a waste of money. I'll have to pick up the French colours I'm dying to try this now 😋 day 4 and the only chip I have is a triangular strip off the side if my right ring finger-from where I scrub fresh I must tuck the pad between my middle finger and this nail x

I'm just practicing with vinylux as I'm hoping to do mobile in the future. I think the Sheer colours (Beau, Negligee, Grapefruit Sparkle) are much easier and nicer to apply than the Opaque colours. The Opaque colours I've got are Hot Pop Pink, Lilac Longing, Tutti Fruity, Purple Purple and some more and I just find that they are really thick like tippex. Find them really difficult to apply and to look non-streaky.

On the other hand Beau is my absolute favourite I love how it applies and looks.

I think the Sheer colours seem thinner than the opaque colours.

And I'm on my 4th top coat and it's already going thick and gloopy so not impressed :( don't want to pay delivery to get new top coats when I don't need new colours because it's so expensive.

Tempted to try different brands but want to use up what I've got first and then completely re-stock maybe. But I will stock up on Beau and Negligee cause I love those colours :)

Latest posts

Back