How can I achieve this? Quick advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
A new client tomorrow morning wants something like this ... No probs with the tips but what about the other bit?

I have no time to buy anything, she's sprung this lol. I do Rockstars but it's not quite that is it?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456261950.376135.jpg

Do your overlay in L&P or Gel.

I would use red gel polish at tips as a French, Put a layer of clearly pink, then as if doing an ombré with additives pat glitter at cuticle and blend down , top coat twice for no texture :)

Thanks noreen. I only have silver glitter ... This looks whitish to me?

If she's only just dropped this on you then she'll have to have silver xx

Looks like a glitter ombre to me....

Ok I've just had a quick go on a (rather wide) tip ... Bear in mind it's not been top coated yet. How can I improve? I agree elmo she might have to!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456264567.799239.jpg

They will be shortish quite square nails so I've tried to keep it that shape

Ok I've just had a quick go on a (rather wide) tip ... Bear in mind it's not been top coated yet. How can I improve? I agree elmo she might have to! View attachment 194573
They will be shortish quite square nails so I've tried to keep it that shape

You have concentrated too much of the glitter over 2/3 of the nail, I would pack the glitter onto the top 1/3 of the nail and wipe down if it looks too sparse you can always add more :) I think you've just applied too much glitter , you could always use an old gel brush dampened with IPA and reverse blend it , so take some of it back off again to achieve the look :)

Tough job to be landed on like that!
I would take the red up higher (towards the cuticle) - it looks much 'deeper' than a standard French and also seems to go straight across rather than have a smile line (so matches the square edge of the nail, rather than the smile line) and it also goes over half way up the nail. Then do less glitter and make it less dense in the bit that overlaps the red, to give a much more ombre effect. Much much easier in theory than in practice though!!
Good luck tomorrow - take some photos to show us the results!

You're right sem812 it's halfway at least

Good tips, thank you all, will prob be up at 6 practicing lol x

I personally would do red gel all over the nail and then rockstar the glitter like noreen has described making it heavy where the cuticle is and feathering it down

Blossom u can do this.. [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Thanks for the vote of confidence coco lol.

Do you have a fan nail art brush? They can be used to drag the glitter down when doing a fade/ombre glitter

I did these on my friend the other day, u just need to take glitter up higher before fading it.

these are on natural nails with a gel overlay, black gel polish and silver magpie glitter

Attachments

• 2016-02-25 01.53.11.jpg
    2016-02-25 01.53.11.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 145
And these are mine, natural nails. just take the glitter up further before the fade to get the look ur after

Attachments

• 2016-02-25 02.02.37.jpg
    2016-02-25 02.02.37.jpg
    762.1 KB · Views: 106
Thanks so much for all the tips! Just to update the thread, I did it and she loved it but she was in s hurry to get to work and I forgot to take a piccy!

In the event, even after the extension her nails were no bigger than 1cm and quite square so I was working in ministure and it was sooo tricky but went ok :)

We do love a happy ending

Latest posts

Back