How can I make Reflexology a bit more special?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi all you lovely geeks!
I'm gonna be finishing my VTCT Reflexology course soon and I will be letting myself loose on clients in my salon.
I know Reflexology is a relaxing treatment, but do any of you have any ideas on how to make it a bit more special or luxurious for the client?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
:hug::hug:

As most people are self-conscious about their feet, instead of wiping over the feet with surgical spirit or whatever god awful thing they use nowdays, bathe their feet in a big bowl of water with a nice smelling footwash then towel-dry them. It's a nice start to the treatment & they can be soaking their feet with a nice herbal tea or similar why you do the consultation!

Hello there.

In my salon i offer a foot spa with aromatherapy oils, such as Lavander 1/2 drops and included in the treatment if hard skin removal. then I dry them off and ask them to get comfortable on my treatment bed cover them up so they are nice and warm then reflexology begins, ( with candles, insence, no lighting as candles do the dim light affect and not forgeting soft relaxing music, i always start my holistic treatments with a very short meditation to get the clients really relaxed just a few gentle breathing exercises and then ask them to go into a nice peacefull place which makes them feel warm, comfortable and relaxed, works wonders.

Had many clients falling asleep on me lol :)

What about making your very own, fizzy foot powder??

I used to work for Elemis, and we use to get hot mitts with a couple of drops of oil (of your choice) and do a foot ritual which basically invoved wiping the feet in a gentle manner and then pulling the feet to relax the body, people used to always comment on how lovely it was.

B xxx

You can wrap the feet in hot scented towels and place a scented bead bag over the eyes, then remove the hot towels, cleaning the feet. I like the idea of hard skin removal that Lavender Rose suggested.

Thanks weezie

its great getting all the hard skin away not only is it good for the client as they are getting a bit of a mini pedicure without all the maintenance, and good for the client when your working over the feet, can u imajine how uncomfortable it is when a client has hard skin and your covering the feet and feeling all that rough hard skin, YUCK i hate it.

So i decided to include hard skin removal in my treatments so both the client and myself are comfortable, I also do an alternative foot spa.

I have a large foot bowl fill it up with suitable temprature and the same with my manicures add slices of Lemon and Lime its GREAT for the skin make your hands or feet feel really revived,

And if the client doe,snt want the citrus feel, then I would just add oils, not everyone like the bubbles in the foot spa so I find its a good alternative to offer.

I use steamed mitts to clean the feet.
If the feet are in need of a good clean I use some universal lotion from Gerards which is an orange scented body cleanser.
I sometimes add orange essential oil for the massage, it sends out a lovely aroma.

I always wrap the foot up when not working on it and in Winter, sometimes place a heated wheat bag pressed up on the foot that is not being done.

I sometimes do a foot massage at the end with hot stones, and then put cosy toe stones in between the toes then wrap the foot up.

what about a nail paint after wards?? Something nice to go home with then?

Latest posts

Back