How deep does IBX penetrate into nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
Hi

Ive to a client who keeps losing her shellac but when I do IBX she doesn't. But she regularly picks them off as well which weakens the nail.

So what I want to know is if she picks off the shellac would she remove enough layers of nail to take the IBX with it.

I usually IBX every 2nd shellac as I found doing it every two weeks was making some clients nails a bit brittle.

Any advice would be great im trying so hard with this client xxx

Hi

Ive to a client who keeps losing her shellac but when I do IBX she doesn't. But she regularly picks them off as well which weakens the nail.

So what I want to know is if she picks off the shellac would she remove enough layers of nail to take the IBX with it.

I usually IBX every 2nd shellac as I found doing it every two weeks was making some clients nails a bit brittle.

Any advice would be great im trying so hard with this client xxx

Jim N: IBX penetrates the upper layers of the nail plate. If the client is picking of her Shellac, it would take some IBX with it. I would recommend doing IBX on this client before each gel polish application (and tell her to stop picking!)

Thank you so much and yes she has been warned :)

Latest posts

Back