How did you best remember A&P terms? Im not a student but a trainee teacher

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockateer

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im not trying to get yee to do my homewrok thus the need to identify meself in the name of the thread
: I am trying to plan a class and am wondering what tricks you guys came up with to remember muscle groups, bones etc when at college, uselful ones!

eg ACT= Anagen catagen Telogen
Another geek said on another thread GOATFLAP= the main hormones of the body

I love it! How could you forget that????

The layers of the epidermis : Can Lucy Get Some Germs

Corneum
Lucidium
Granulosum
Spinosum
Germinativum

Good Luck with your training :hug:

It is easier to come up with your own anagrams if you need them, as it is then your inspiration and you remember them. I can't give any suggestions unfortunately as I am one of the lucky ones and just seemed to be able to remember them. I suppose the more you do A & P the easier it becomes.

So I'd advise either sitting down and playing with the initials or getting your students to do it. The other thing that works is making a story out of the names.

Sorry, I don't seem to have been much help :cry:

just made one up the other night to remember the difference between tendons and ligaments

big bum lard = bone to bone ligament
big mama tush - bone to muscle tendon

am thinking I might have some issues with my bum.....but it helped me lol

x

Tubby Tibia because it's the larger bone!
Ulna is a smaller word than radius so ulna is on same side as little finger (little word = little finger)!

Layers of the skin: cows love sweet green grass (my tutor taught me that)

I made up funny things for muscles, bones etc

I am LOVING these,
Smooth I know you are right the more i do the more i remember them but still some just stump me altogether,

gINA BALLERINA TELL ME MORE OF THE FUNNY ONES I love your tutors one, hahah how random!

Lucy lu thats clever isnt it? that one always seems to stump people

Ruthlm you are hilarious, YES i think ye may say that ye have a "thing" about yer rear end!

Thanks ingfairy, i need all the luck i can get !

The best thing I had for my A&P stuff was the Anatomy Colouring Book and Physiology Colouring Book.

Mat

Hi,

I trained a while back, I taped myself talking on the tape in a rhyme fashion, and playing it back in my car whilst driving. I suppose you could use a MP3 player.

Funny thing is my car got written off, with the tape in the player, can you imagine if someone found it.

Hope this helps.

Desi Chick

we had things like drac for functions of the blood , crac for the urinary system, shapes-vd for functions of the skin to name a few

where did you uy this or do you remember the name of the colouring in book, it sounds perfect??

I seem to remember someone on here (think it was Hippy Chick) getting students to draw the positions of the various bones/muscles/etc on a brave volunteer in marker pen.

Hahah excelent idea isn't it, thanks for that ruth!
I wonder if it was hippychick, jesus thats great and brave of the model!

Hahah excelent idea isn't it, thanks for that ruth!
I wonder if it was hippychick, jesus thats great and brave of the model!

Yep, it was Hippy Chick - http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/...-theory-more-exciting-observation-help-2.html - how cool is the search facility on this site!

As for the model being brave - that's the sort of thing I'd be happy to do myself without batting an eyelid - having been a demo model for intimate waxing in front of a room full of therapists, and modelled for body painting on countless occasions, it wouldn't faze me at all to have students drawing bones and muscles on me in marker!

Oh my god, these are all so clean! I must have one filthy mind! Can't repeat mine on here :lol:

Oh my god, these are all so clean! I must have one filthy mind! Can't repeat mine on here :lol:

LOL... I bet it wasn't as bad as the one they taught at our school for remembering the Resistor Colour Code in electronics though! That would be totally banned now for being politically incorrect in the extreme!!!

angelina: tell us tell us tell us, ye cannot say that then nada!!!!!

Ruth: I did search this topic, whatever i typed didn't lead to examples, thanks for the link

Latest posts

Back