How did you meet your partner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met my now husband at a friend's house. At the time, I was in a bad relationship with my ex partner who I had a 2 year old with. I knew that i needed to be out of the relationship and became friends with my hubby. It never started out as being anything else but i guess meeting him made me realise that there were good men out there who wouldn't hit, kick and shout at you whenever they had chance.

As a 20 year old with a child it was a very scary prospect ya know.

I spent a few days away on my own with my auntie and made the decision to talk to my ex about how I felt. He basicall said he knew he wasn't the "one" for me but we also came to the decision that my daughter was so much a daddy's girl that it would break her heart to be taken from him.

I moved out and continued to be friend's with my now hubby - he offered to take me away for a couple of days to escape from the barrage of abuse I was receiveing from my family and so called friends about leaving my daughter.

It kind of just clicked from there - I knew that I had fallen in love with him and he felt the same. Not planned - one of them smack ya in the face moments really.

Everyone said it would never work - 20 year old me and 38 year old him. Both had bad experiences in the past.

10 years and 2 children later we are still as strong as ever, still madly in love and I know i have found my soul mate. We have always had constant contact with my eldest daughter who is now 13 even though we are now in a battle with her father who refuses to let her come and stay with us since we moved :(

Sorry for the full life story but I never realised how people judge until I made the choice to leave my baby :( xxx

I met my now husband at a friend's house. At the time, I was in a bad relationship with my ex partner who I had a 2 year old with. I knew that i needed to be out of the relationship and became friends with my hubby. It never started out as being anything else but i guess meeting him made me realise that there were good men out there who wouldn't hit, kick and shout at you whenever they had chance.

As a 20 year old with a child it was a very scary prospect ya know.

I spent a few days away on my own with my auntie and made the decision to talk to my ex about how I felt. He basicall said he knew he wasn't the "one" for me but we also came to the decision that my daughter was so much a daddy's girl that it would break her heart to be taken from him.

I moved out and continued to be friend's with my now hubby - he offered to take me away for a couple of days to escape from the barrage of abuse I was receiveing from my family and so called friends about leaving my daughter.

It kind of just clicked from there - I knew that I had fallen in love with him and he felt the same. Not planned - one of them smack ya in the face moments really.

Everyone said it would never work - 20 year old me and 38 year old him. Both had bad experiences in the past.

10 years and 2 children later we are still as strong as ever, still madly in love and I know i have found my soul mate. We have always had constant contact with my eldest daughter who is now 13 even though we are now in a battle with her father who refuses to let her come and stay with us since we moved :(

Sorry for the full life story but I never realised how people judge until I made the choice to leave my baby :( xxx

I think you are very Brave for leaving your daughter and it's lovely you have a beautiful family!

Don't give up on your eldest! Every girl needs her mummy so keep fighting ; ))

Enjoy life x

awww i so have loved this thread:Love:

I met my hubbi bear (pet names lol) .. actually online as a friend suggested going on this site for a laugh i wasnt intersted in dating tbh, and hadnt been near a man romantically for almost 3 years.. .. so i wrote a rather abrupt no nonsense profile lol.. and tony sent me a lovely message so we chatted and he was still in the army then .. based up the road from me lol.. we exchanged numbers.. and then he popped into the place i worked which was nerve racking but lovely.. as we stood having a chit chat it felt like i had known him forever and we have never looked back..he is the only man i have ever trusted in my life (apart from my bro and my dad lol) he is my soulmate, my rock, my best friend and more.. i love him so much.. we have been together now for 3 years and engaged to be marrried.. i already have a son from a previous (****e) relationship who idolises him as his super daddy lol...and we have another on the way due sept 11th 2011... i am so lucky....:biggrin:

p.s he is not in the army anymore.. lol.. and he was the one to push me back into a career that i really wanted to be in..

Sarah x

Lol I can hear you now!!:p

Please keep this going,think it will all do us a world of good,
in my younger days i had two relationships,from the age of 21 to 32,i was mentaly abused by both men..thay had my life in there hands,thay hit me ,punched me,cheated on me,but i was always in the wrong!! your skirt to short...whos he your talking to...goes on.locked in my flat, my home with black eye,one day i walked and walked...to i told you so.I could not trust anyone..let alone a man..i was at my lowest.
When i turned 38 i went on a dating site(thanks to my mate).
Iwent on a couple of dates,thay whanted to see me again...but things did not click.
Then I got chating to my partner for about 3 wks,i went on holiday..and he called me every night,when i got back we went on a Date!!!
And Thats It,3 and half years on,we live together,he is my best mate,always there for me,i love him,and always will,we will be together till the end,and i no he feels the same.trust...i know he,s my one...

Please keep this going,think it will all do us a world of good,
in my younger days.........
And Thats It,3 and half years on,we live together,he is my best mate,always there for me,i love him,and always will,we will be together till the end,and i no he feels the same.trust...i know he,s my one...

Awwww that's a lovely outcome....I know how u feel. My second to last ex was a lying cheating mentally abusive manipulative scumbag. I have a hard time trusting people as it is and he's made it a million times worse....

Anyway, I lost my soulmate 12 years ago just before I turned 18. I knew the day I saw him there was something about him even though I was very shy for a long time. He had a tragic accident in a canoe and I was the only one who really knew him out of 4 people who was there. The anniversary was only 2 weeks ago actually and I still visit the show/event in Kent where it happened every year to put my flowers down and have a cry. God I'm crying now....idiot....

Anyway, when in 2005 I was in LA, me and my 2 girlfriends had an accident on the way driving to Vegas and knocked a hells angel off his bike! Ooops! We had a hellish journey nearly getting mugged at a motel and ending up staying up for 36 hrs (including the 17 hr flight!) anyway, it was a rockabilly weekender and it got round that we were the English girls who knocked the hells angel off the bike! We met these mexicans, they offered to drive our car back and look after us in our second week in LA. I met one of their friends, and we instantly clicked, and I spent my last night there with him. 2 months later I went out to visit him and fell in love with him on my 2nd day there, strangely enough that week was the Anniversary of my bf's death.... And i swear to god I felt like I'd met my second soul mate....he was so supportive and we had so much in common .... (sorry trying to keep this short). One time i was there in his tiny town in OC we stumbled across an exhibition of old Vintage 1940s western swing outfits. Not your usual kind of exhibition but It gave me goosebumps as my late bf jake was heavily into 50s western swing... And I swear I could feel his presence there.....

Anyway, I had found out during the firs visit that my lovely mexican he had a drug habit. You could never tell he was high and seemed like a normal person. although he has a complete massive heart if gold, he has had a hard job kicking it, and we spent 3 years seeing each other, he has always said that I was stuck with him for life and even talked about moving over there but without going into details we stopped it all. However have always stayed in touch on and off and still have this connection with each other and despite other relationships ive always thought of him as my soulmate and I always seem to know when he's going to call, or I know when he's having a bad time of things. It's very bizarre. Anyway, he's now sober having been in rehab and is getting his life sorted out, and is even lovelier than ever.... he truly is the loveliest guy i have ever met....He's paying for me to go and visit him later in the year. something is telling me to give it a chance.....I know most will think I'm crazy but hey....i have to know what this connection is...if it doesn't work, at least I know I've given it that chance. I've always known I'd go back to see him eventually....

Perhaps I am truly nuts ...or maybe it's Jake sending me someone as his replacement....who knows....!

Latest posts

Back