How did you meet your partner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We started going out after doing ceremonial sunset for John Prescott in Barbados! We'd known each other for 7 months prior, and I knew he liked me and I liked him but I was scared that he was just after 1 thing so we just stayed good friends. 4 years on and we are married, with a beautiful baby boy and I'm leaving the Navy to be a beauty therapist/nail tech and couldn't be happier! It just shows, sometimes the best thing for you is right under your nose!

I graduated from high school a 1/2 year early so I took a part-time job at a recreation center while waiting for my college scholarship to kick in. One day while working at the front desk, I saw the most amazing pair of THIGHS, every muscle rippling with each step, walk up the stairs leading to me. I was in lust...I mean love. We're still together.

must be hard both being there as you cant phone each other can you?!

for xmas i printed out all our emails and put them in a folder for him :) xxx

no we can use the work phones to speak to each other when we can! But it certainly puts a massive strain on your relationship my main worry was always wondering if he was safe!! Its defo a big test to be apart for so long especially in this line of work but i get to see him tomorrow! Also i'm planning to leave and go into beauty therapy (scared ****less!) but hence my reason for joining this site haha!! Awww that sounds lovely!! what a good idea especially as thats how u met!! I take it he's back home now? I kept all the letters my fella sent me and used to read them when i missed him which was quite often!! xxx

He's now based in Germany (was in catterick when we met) , on exercise in France for 5 weeks and HOPEFULLY starting a new job at bordon in august. It's not the easiest but it is a lot easier now I am getting used to it. :) where are you from? Is he staying in? X

Awww some of these stories are so sweet.. Hmm well i met my hubbie at a party in America. He is american and i was over for a holiday and got dragged to a party i REALLY didnt want to be at. To cut a very long story short, whilst i was on holiday in America, some guy had tried to kill me and i had to stay longer for the court proceedings. My hubbie had got my number from his mates at the party and we started texting.. We are now married with a beautiful baby boy :) If it wasnt for him i wouldnt of been able to get through such a tough time in my life!

I met my GF / long term partner on her 21st birthday in a nightclub, her friend asked me to roll a ciggi for her & it ended up looking like a trumpet:eek: we both got chattin & were still together after 10 years :)

Awww some of these stories are so sweet.. Hmm well i met my hubbie at a party in America. He is american and i was over for a holiday and got dragged to a party i REALLY didnt want to be at. To cut a very long story short, whilst i was on holiday in America, some guy had tried to kill me and i had to stay longer for the court proceedings. My hubbie had got my number from his mates at the party and we started texting.. We are now married with a beautiful baby boy :) If it wasnt for him i wouldnt of been able to get through such a tough time in my life!

Omg that is horrendous! Not the love story but that someone tried to kill you? I hoped someone locked them up and threw away the key.

I met my fiancé when I was 15 and he was 16. A crowd of us were going out for the day and we were at the bus stop. He walked over to me, held out a cigarette and said; 'do you want a fag?' And they say romance isn't dead... Hahahaha!!

He is one of my best friends cousin and apparently we'd been in the same company before but neither of us remembers each other lol.

We've been inseparable ever since, and when we get married next year, it'll be on the day of our 8th year anniversary :)

I met Mr Happyfeet at a club. Very very drunk we left and had a bit of snog and I explained the offside rule to him with the aid of a few empty beer bottles sitting on the wall. We dated a couple of times but I wasn't to keen. However we kept in contact with emails when we were both at work and about a year later we started texting and going out for the odd drink or two. (God this story involves a lot of alcohol oh how things have changed lmao)

Eventually we ended up going out one night (no intentions on either part to be honest) but we had an amazing evening, recieved THE best kiss of my life at the bar and ended up moving in with him 4 months later. 2 months later we bought a labrador day late found out I was pregnant.... we both still maintain having a baby was easier then looking after our puppy! Went through a few bumps along the way and ended up parting ways not long after baby was born however we had a fabulous relationship and ended up back together a few months later though not living together. We eventually bought a flat new area no family around in 2007 and on my 30th birthday i married my very gorgeous very caring very funny (even when he isnt trying to be lmao) fantastic dad to our little boy April just gone.

We hit a few bumps along the way but by god was worth it.... I couldnt live without him.... he on the other hand most probably could lmao!

Mr. Happyfeet!! Love it!! Lol. That made me giggle :) xx

These stories are great!

I met my hubbie on a blind date! Our friends set us up, worked like a charm! They knew us well :) He moved in with me after two months of being together and then proposed two months after that! We have been together nearly 7 years now and married nearly 4 and very happy years they have been too :)

Omg that is horrendous! Not the love story but that someone tried to kill you? I hoped someone locked them up and threw away the key.

Unfortunately they only had him in prison for a couple of months and then they let him out with a strike against him. Wasn't a nice situation though. But if I didn't have to stay for the court then I might not have ment my husband ...

He's now based in Germany (was in catterick when we met) , on exercise in France for 5 weeks and HOPEFULLY starting a new job at bordon in august. It's not the easiest but it is a lot easier now I am getting used to it. :) where are you from? Is he staying in? X

Ive been to Bordon before! Is he REME?? Catterick is sooooo far up North! I'm based right down South at the moment in a place called Bulford but should be moving soon! H'es out at the end of next year Im hoping to be out next year going to do a few courses over the summer to back me up while i get out to go into hairdressing and beauty :) can't wait to get a proper place together and to get away from this sand pit! haha!! Will you be getting a place near there?? It's horrible being away from each other all the time isnt it thats what gets on my nerves! nightmare! but its always great when you are finally back together! xxx

I met my hubby in a bar! I knew one if his friends & he always thought me & lee would get in well & as I walked up to talk to him I slipped( rather drunk) on a spilt drink & landed flat on my face at his feet & even worse as I tried to get up the heal of my boot got caught in the hem of my skirt & was flailing around on the floor in front if him for what seemed ages!! I was so embarrassed but we still got chatting all night & when we met up again the following week I knew he was the one!! 6 months later we bought our house & found out I was pregnant just after we moved in, he was & still is a fantastic dad & on my 30th birthday he proposed, my little girl was holding the ring & he said " mummy will you marry my daddy" !!! Then we got married 2 yrs later & were only married 10 days when I found out I was pregnant again!! Tomorrow will be our 4th wedding anniversary!! We never argue, he is my best friend & everyday he makes me laugh even if I'm mad with him xxx

Great stories. I married my best friends brother, so didn't need to look far-how lazy am I.:lol: we've been more than just friends for 10 years, officially dated for 2 years, engaged for 1 year, then married nearly 2 years ago, expecing first baby any day now.

Last edited:
My boyfriend and I met at 6th form college when we were 16. We were good friends for years then started going out when we were 20 yrs old.

Were now 31. So have been together 11yrs. He's like my best friend!! We live together but no ring or babies as yet lol!

Booo Hooooo......I was married 10 years or so ago.....(not crying about that, I was only married for a year but have my 9 year old son so good things) and have basically been single since then......:cry: Tried the dating websites to no avail......xx

Aww these stories are lovely! I was friends with my boyfriends sister for a few years before we got together but he was always trying to get me to go out with him lol. Then as fate would have it I finally gave in and 6 years and 2 beautiful baby boys later the rest, as they say, is history! xo

What a lovely thread :)
I met my bf when I was 14, I was absolutely infactuated with him, we dated for a short time always on and off, he was always the one...
I moved to Australia when I was 18 for a few years, met a 'nice' guy, together almost a year.. Fell pregnant, and he finished with me!

So I hopped on the next available flight 4 weeks later.
Started cutting my previous ex's hair and them past feelings were still there (old flames and all that!) but I thought forget it, no one will be interested with this preggo belly!
How wrong was I, he took me on dates etc... Then things cooled off once I had bubba.. And then when he was about 6months old we became official, it's not been easy.

I am a huge believer in fate and things that are meant to be anything is possible, if you want something so bad don't give up.

:)

xxx

Met my Fiancee when I was 11 at school and he lived about a 30 second walk from me been together 10 years this year :D and there is only 2 days we haven't seen each other lol sad I no x

Latest posts

Back