How did you meet your partner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm divorced twice though only 36, 2nd hub was abusive to my oldest son (not his child) so had to leave very quickly. Met my boyfriend a year and a month today ago lol! On a dating site. We're not living together yet, though he's always at my house!! Who knows, maybe it'll be third time lucky, miss being married and being part of a unit. x

This is a great thread and I love hearing everyone's stories!

I went on holidays with my friends and the place we picked was the holiday from hell... the cut a long story short we asked to be moved and eventually they said we could pick wherever we wanted to go, so we decided to get out of the resort and went to a completely new area miles away.

That's where I met my Hubbie... it wasn't love at first sight or anything, but I thought he looked nice when I saw him first, but a few days later, he almost drowned in the pool (he can't swim and was playing volleyball and accidently went into the deep end... as you do when you can't swim :eek:)

Anyway, from that day on, I told my friends that that was the fella I was going to marry... I don't know how, but I just knew.

Our wedding Anniversary is in a few weeks, we went to Cyrpus to get married 9 years ago... (not the place we met! :lol:)

I always wonder what would have happened if we hadn't been moved and picked the resort we did... who knows... anyone see sliding doors? :biggrin:

awwww

Nothing romantic in how I met my hubby unfortunately lol
I was at a party of a mutual friend not knowing that she knew Andrew:biggrin: When she introduced us, she did it for a laugh, as she new my sister was also eyeing him up as she was on the verge of splitting with her partner, me and him hit it off, nobody thought we would, we spent the whole night dancing and smooching:wink2: but nothing more, and when he got in the taxi to leave he asked for my number, thought I'd never hear from him again,but the following day he rang and said that he was driving around my estate looking for me and he was a bit lost lol And 13 years later here we are, married for 8, we married when I was 20:biggrin: My dad hated him, my mum loved him and everyone else said we'd never make it, but they were wrong and we never listened to them, I love him and appreciate him every day, he is my two eyes and I would not be where I'am without him, but we are still very independant of each other:biggrin: My sister obviously hated the fact that we got together and had the loudest voice against us, she still hates us lol and is extremely jealous of us, we haven't spoken in nearly two years, but thats something else, my hubby and me are tight and thats all I care about:Love:

Why is it that family always have to try and spoil things!!! My mum doesn't think me and my boyfriend are going to last. But he's really good to me and my children, has a really kind heart!! And isn't a control freak like my ex!!. I'm glad you proved them wrong! xx

Met mine on a TV programme called "First love second chance".

Well I actually met him in spain 20 years ago and had a holiday romance ( like a do!!) Then lost touch with him after a few years ...quiet a few ,until a tv researcher called me out of the blue and asked me if I would like to meet up with any of my ex's!!!!! The rest as they say is History:Love:

I worked in a sandwich shop and all the local firemen came in first thing every morning for bacon and sausage sandwiches etc and he had something different so I took the p out of him for it. He asked if I'd be able to give him directions to somewhere and I said yes but not right now - bit busy! So gave him my number to tell him later.... I got a picture message of a fire engine with the message "guess who?"

4 years later we live together :D

Love reading all your stories, thank you all for contributing x

I met my husband when my sister was dating his brother.
We would quite often both be out at the same time with my sister and his brother and I told my best friend that he was the man I was going to marry even though we weren't going out.
Then he asked me out and we had our first date on Valentine's Day 1990. Easter 1990 he gave me a massive easter egg and inside was an eternity ring. He gave me an engagement ring on my birthday in July 1990 and I was a bit miffed as I didn't want to share my birthday-lol. So we got engaged the following month.
We moved in together the following year and I have been training him ever since :D
He's an absolute sweetheart and the nicest man you could ever meet and he's my best friend.
People said we wouldn't last too as he let me get my own way too much and I'd get fed up of it but no, I like getting my own way :lol:

I met Gareth through my housemates fella. Both he and Gareth were in the RAF based at Halton and we lived up in Lancs, so to save petrol Gareth put up a notice offering a car share heading back up north at the weekends.... this is where my housemates fella offered to car share.

This went on for a few weeks apparently. Then one day my housemates fella offered Gareth in for a cuppa, which he did. And just by chance/luck I had finished work early and my friend shouted me downstairs "Bekki come meet Gareth, he works with Martin" ... so I plodded downstairs just to say hi......:Love:

I really don't believe in love at first sight but it was definatley lust at first sight. From then onwards at weekends he didn't car share to his house anymore as he came to visit me, we were basically living with each other from day one. 4 months later he proposed and I accepted (but I was drunk at the time. He was back down south so he did it via text ha ha) and 6 months after meeting we were married.

People said it would never last, people persumed I was pregnant because it was so quick. I was only 18 :p But 9 years and numerous dogs later we are still together. yay!

Loving hearing everyones stories.

I met my partner at school when we were 15...he moved down to Essex from Scotland in our last 2 years...when he 1st started the school i really didnt like him & now 9 yrs on something must have changed?!? X

I met Graeme just over 8 years ago through friends. But nothing came of it so when i was dumped by my first "serious" boyfriend of a whopping 4months i phoned Graeme's friend (who i had kept in touch with) and ebded up arranging to meet up with Graeme.

Became an official couple 30th Dec 2003 (at the tender age of 16), bought our flat July 2006, got engaged 30th Dec 2009 (our 6yr anniversary) and we tie the knot 26th June next year.

Xxx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

i only met my now hubby just over a year ago!!
i was working in a bar when he came in to see his cousin who was a manager and my friend,he had just got back from a tour in afghanistan a few weeks before. he was being cheeky and kept asking her to ask me questions like what was i doing after work, which was going to bed as it was a late finish, he told her to ask me if he could join, i thought no way this guy is too cheeky and tried to brush him off lol. then 3 days later it was my bday and she invited him out too, i got very very drunk and ended up losing my money,bank card,id and dignity lol, he found me crying in the town centre on his way home(had seperated from some of the group earlier) and he gave me his phone to cancel my card as id managed to drop mine and couldnt put it back together lol, i then tried to give my details and proceeded to use female names for the post code of my address, and screamed at the guy on the phone i do exist im alive here right now i know who i am lol, he was just laughing at me the whole time. i ended up giving him my number so he knew i got home ok and then we were texting the whole of the next day,met up that night and was inseperable until he had to go back to germany for his posting. we found it difficult being apart so jokingly said if we got married we could live together, he changed our fb status to engaged for a joke, then everyone was congratulating us so we had to go through with it lol, got married on new years eve just gone and live in germany now. couldnt be happier he is my hero and has supported my career and payed for alot of my products. i dont know where id be without him,he is my rock,my world..im soo glad we got married quickly coz theres no arguments about wedding plans lol!! he's in kenya atm, has been for almost 2months and i miss him soo much,cant wait to see him again. i miss being a wife lol. sorry for the long story but thats the short version haha. loved reading the other stories...so nice to reflect on the best part of our lives apart from our job lol :) x

I met my OH when he was 7 and I was 9, he was and still is my brothers best mate. We briefly dated in our early twenties until my brother told him, "It's me or her", he chose my brother and left me brokenhearted :cry: Years later after we had both married other people then divorced, we got back together, and have been a couple now for 5 years. So I suppose we were meant to be, we just took the long route to get there.
Strangely my brother has no problems with us being together now.

Aww I love reading all you stories. Here's mine! I was abit short for cash so started working at a local social club behind the bar a few nights a week. As you know being chatted up is part of the gig when your a barmaid. Didn't mind 1 bit as I had just split with my bf of 3 years so being chatted up was abit of a boost (even if most of the blokes were in their 40's and 50's lol I was only 21!) anyway my now lovely partner always came in with his dad and brothers. One night he got stupidly drunk, was coming up to the bar constantly for drinks. Near the end of the night he was plastered and had ordered a pizza from local pizza place and eaten it outside! He gave me his receipt as it has his number on it n told me to call him! I said yeah ok whatever and put it in the bin when he wasn't looking! :-/ my mum and stepdad were on the commitee at the club at the time so had got friendly with all the regulars including jase(my partner) and his family. She could see jase fancied the pants off me but I kept saying I wasn't interested. Anyway I soon stopped working at the club, working full time, looking after my 4year old aswell as bar work was too much. I kept going to the club and got friendly with jase, my daughter loved him to bits and 1 night turned around and said to him I wish you were my daddy! That's when things started to change, I started to see jase differently and in feb 2008 decided to hell with it I'm going to give this bloke a chance! Best decision I ever made! For our 1st date he took me to London for the weekend to see the lion king at the theatre. 3 1/2 years later we are still together, madly in love with a gorgeous little boy! We moved in together and fell pregnant in July 2008! Very quick but best thing I ever did!

i met mines online but we knew each other through msn years ago, but sadly i had agoraphobia and couldnt meet him, he talked to me constant on the phone for a year untill i was confident enough to meet him! we've now properly being going out for 5 months and we're still as strong as ever just so thankful to him because obviously any regular guy would have just thought 'too many problems' or something like that!

he basically helped me through such a dark time in my life!

me and my boyfriend went to school together but didnt get together until we were 18 weve been together 5 years now

i first met my husband at work, on his first day in the office and i though wow!that was begining of 2003 starting dating a day after my birthday,was dating a few months and his family and him moved to new Zealand...end of the story your would think but no he came back about 8 months later for me.
sazza

Last edited:
I met my boyfriend in a local bar. I was sitting with my friends and got up to go to the bar to buy some drinks when I walked straight into someone who spilt a pint all over me ha ha! I then went to the bar for some tissues to help dry my top and there I got talking to my future boyfriend who helped me and bought me a drink! :) xx

Layton and I were highschool sweethearts. We started dating when I was 15 and he was 17. Been together 12 years now, married for 3 with 2 amazing children (2 years and 3 months). He's a beautiful soul and I hardly think I deserve him <3

Met Samuel during a UK CND Boot Camp in 1998. Three days later I was in love (for the first time too) and we have been married 12 years and together 13. He left the USA to be with me and I look at what he has accomplished and am blown away. We share an 11 year old together and he has been 'dad' to my almost 19 yr old since he was 5... Again he has been a wonderful father to both....

Love reading everyone's stories... As the great singer/sing writer John Lennon once said ... All you need us love... Love is all you need! Wise words indeed.

I met my boyfriend in a nightclub knew him already through friends but had never really spoken. He just came over to me in the club and lifted me up haha been together 2 and half years now couldnt be happier :)

Latest posts

Back