How did you meet your partner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taggyboy

Reaction score
I was just reading through some blogs and thought about partners, for some strange reason. Bit random I know.

So, just for fun, how did you meet yours?

At a friend's house in Birmingham - after calling in there on the way back from a body painting event in Walsall - wearing only a thong and full body paint (as a yellow devil with orange and red flames)!

Lol well that is different ruth!! :) I met mine off a dating site and we still together a year and half later lol xx

I love my story....

I had been single for a while, my ex was a pig. My friend had supported me through it and was constantly trying to find me a nice guy, which I wasn't up for. She kept mentioning a guy but he lived far away, and she thought we wouldnt maybe get on, but he was a nice guy. So eventually she was saying to me, why don't you start emailing him?! and I wasn't up for it. Then her boyfriend was in the salon one day and he said "right, kim, youve got to email him, hes a great guy, and its such a shame cos hes out in afghanistan just now and they have to queue for hours to get online and it would be nice for hiim to get an email from you!" so I felt like I had to email him....

3 months later (and 57 pages of emails, countless hours on the phone) he came home from Afghanistan and came to meet me. :)

Wow thats a lovely story! I'm in Afghanistan now and it's really great to ge a nice email from someone! I bet that was something different as all there is to focus on is getting home! I actually met my fella on our regimental boxing team... romantic i know... But two and a half years on we are both in separate place in Afghanistan but we are back together in two days due to fly home next week after a long tour!! Can't wait!! XxXxXx

I met my husband in a club when I was 17, I loved him instantly, I then found out he had lived across from my granny years before & we had probably played together, we got married when I was 21 and we have 4 lovely little people, he still makes my heart flutter 

I met mine on a dating website. Never thought it was possible. I always thought there are no decent guys on dating websites.

I met my boyfriend at work. On my first day at a new job Dal gave me his coat when I was cold...soppy I know! I'd just come out of an awful abusive relationship and made him work very hard for 6 months before I agreed to go out with him haha. That was 5 years ago and I still can't believe I could be so lucky, he is amazing :)

I met my Husband on Yahoo chat! Everybody told us it wouldn't work, but here we are 10 1/5 years of married life, 7 children and numerous businesses later and we're still happy! LOL

I left home to work in a big house on a country estate when I was 15 years old just out of school.
I was in the local show park with a few work mates sitting up on the stands when him and a few mates drove past showing off in front of us, after about 5 circuits round the park they finally stopped to speak to us and I arranged to meet him that night and 24 years, 3 children later we are still going strong and more in love than ever :Love::Love:

Thats my soppy story but I have to say it brings a little smile to my face whenever I recall this meeting :hug:

Wow thats a lovely story! I'm in Afghanistan now and it's really great to ge a nice email from someone! I bet that was something different as all there is to focus on is getting home! I actually met my fella on our regimental boxing team... romantic i know... But two and a half years on we are both in separate place in Afghanistan but we are back together in two days due to fly home next week after a long tour!! Can't wait!! XxXxXx

must be hard both being there as you cant phone each other can you?!

for xmas i printed out all our emails and put them in a folder for him :) xxx

I met mine when I was in a hospital bed with apendsitis (spelling?), I had just been rush in by ambalance from my doctors surgery and I was waiting for them to remove my apendix as soon as a operating room was available.

He was visiting the person in the next bed, as I was moved to a ward while waiting as they needed the rooms is A+E. Bless he could see I was in pain as the hospital staff did not want to give me pain killers as they where worried my apendix would brust and I would be so high on drugs, that they would not know (and I must have looked like death).

I had major swelling post op and had to stay in hosptial for a week as my bladder shut down.

We got talking and the rest as they saw is history.

Sam xx

I met my husband on a girly holiday to Newquay in Cornwall , we are still together 7 years later, we moved in together when i moved from Stoke - on -Trent to Devon 4 months later:Love:

I met mine at work he was maintanance and I was a machine minder and some how we always had our breaks at the same time and things took off from there we've now been married 17 years this year (feels like a lifetime sometimes lol)

I met my partner on a night out with the girls. We went to a club late & had to queue (which was a first as we usually got there early) he also wasn't usually late so thank god we where cuz 6 years later we have a lovely baby boy :)

I met mine through a friend and that was nearly 13 years ago we were both 18 . Six years after meeting our twins were born and now we are gonna be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary at the end of this month

This is a great thread and I love hearing everyone's stories!

I went on holidays with my friends and the place we picked was the holiday from hell... the cut a long story short we asked to be moved and eventually they said we could pick wherever we wanted to go, so we decided to get out of the resort and went to a completely new area miles away.

That's where I met my Hubbie... it wasn't love at first sight or anything, but I thought he looked nice when I saw him first, but a few days later, he almost drowned in the pool (he can't swim and was playing volleyball and accidently went into the deep end... as you do when you can't swim :eek:)

Anyway, from that day on, I told my friends that that was the fella I was going to marry... I don't know how, but I just knew.

Our wedding Anniversary is in a few weeks, we went to Cyrpus to get married 9 years ago... (not the place we met! :lol:)

I always wonder what would have happened if we hadn't been moved and picked the resort we did... who knows... anyone see sliding doors? :biggrin:

I met my boyfriend at my old salon!!!he came in for a hair cut and I was going to turn him away cause at the time I hated doing men but I thought he was really fit lol so I did his hair and we did not stop yapping!!he is 7years older then me and he knew my family well!!he tracked me down on facebook sent me a couple messages and we have been inseperateble since :D xx

Nothing romantic in how I met my hubby unfortunately lol
I was at a party of a mutual friend not knowing that she knew Andrew:biggrin: When she introduced us, she did it for a laugh, as she new my sister was also eyeing him up as she was on the verge of splitting with her partner, me and him hit it off, nobody thought we would, we spent the whole night dancing and smooching:wink2: but nothing more, and when he got in the taxi to leave he asked for my number, thought I'd never hear from him again,but the following day he rang and said that he was driving around my estate looking for me and he was a bit lost lol And 13 years later here we are, married for 8, we married when I was 20:biggrin: My dad hated him, my mum loved him and everyone else said we'd never make it, but they were wrong and we never listened to them, I love him and appreciate him every day, he is my two eyes and I would not be where I'am without him, but we are still very independant of each other:biggrin: My sister obviously hated the fact that we got together and had the loudest voice against us, she still hates us lol and is extremely jealous of us, we haven't spoken in nearly two years, but thats something else, my hubby and me are tight and thats all I care about:Love:

I met my husband in 1975!!!!!!!

I lived in a flat and advertised for a new flat mate . A girl called karen ( same as me ) moved in then couple of months later her brother and some of his friends visited on the way back from a football match

Unbeknown to me they had then made a bet that Gary ( Karen's brother and my now husband ) would not be able to 'score' a date with me as they lived in ' the sticks' and I lived nearer London. 'She's way out of your league' they told him

Needless to say I did accept and we went on a date when i was 19 and he was 20 . I knew from the first date that this was the man I wanted to spend my life with . In spite of lots of resevervations from parents etc that we were too young we married when I was 24 and we celebrate our 31st Wedding Anniversary this month .Love him as much now as I did in 1975 :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back