How do I find practise models ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stba2006

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if any-one could please give me some advice. I have completed a UV Acrylic nail course, but need to practice on some people before I start taking on full paying customers. The problem I have is that I don't have many friends/family who want to have their extensions done (there was a big baby boom last year in my circle of friends and extensions are probably not very compatible with new babies :)). I have tried advertising on gumtree, but no joy

I'm not really sure how or where to find models. I'm worried that if I advertise for models they may want me to pay them???

Any ideas about best way to do this :irked:

Hi,
I was wondering if any-one could please give me some advice. I have completed a UV Acrylic nail course, but need to practice on some people before I start taking on full paying customers. The problem I have is that I don't have many friends/family who want to have their extensions done (there was a big baby boom last year in my circle of friends and extensions are probably not very compatible with new babies :)). I have tried advertising on gumtree, but no joy

I'm not really sure how or where to find models. I'm worried that if I advertise for models they may want me to pay them???

hey hun i had the same prob

no-one will want you to pay them tho!! you advertise (post flyers round local houses and shops etc, get a free one liner in yell.com etc) advertising dicsounted prices while you get your times to speed etc, offering lower price for short period, just make sure your insured first and you should be fine

good luck xxx

Well maybe do your friends nails then after your practice session, file them down so they med mid or short length that is what i did to a few of mu guine pigs (ha ha)
But practice does make perfect, go to a school in area ask the girls there sure they would LOVE to have their nails done!!

One of the very best people you can use for practise is YOURSELF. You are the best person to know how you are treating your enhancementws, what kind of pressure they come under and what kind of strain and stress you put on them ... and how they last under those conditions. They are right next to you and you can do them when you want. So get going!!

Thanks for this. Some good ideas so fingers crossed :)

Hi,

I've found word of mouth works great. (friends of friends, friend's co-workers, etc.) When I started doing nails again, I put the word out that I needed people to practice on (for free, of course). It worked out great! I had my practice people and they were getting a decent (not perfect) set of nails for free. It's a win/win in my book! Good luck to you! :)

u r not the only one Ive got the same problem...i do my own nails always...at home...and practice on the college's clients once a week...but i do need some more i wish if i can do nails every day...!!! if u were closer i could be a model for u...and u for me!! xx

If anyone in the Shropshire area ever needed a model then I'd be happy to help them.

So saying though, Sonia (my lovely wife) has said she'd like to learn how to do nails (after seeing how fab they were at Excel) so I may well get my chance ;)

Practice on yourself

If anyone in the Shropshire area ever needed a model then I'd be happy to help them.

So saying though, Sonia (my lovely wife) has said she'd like to learn how to do nails (after seeing how fab they were at Excel) so I may well get my chance ;)

Yep, I can see it now, she will do nails, and you will do spray tans and body art and the only time you will ever touch a computer again is to come on here and geek:green:

Hi,

this seems to be a popular problem the same is happening to me at the minute it seems to be really hard to get people to have them done!!!

u r not the only one Ive got the same problem...i do my own nails always...at home...and practice on the college's clients once a week...but i do need some more i wish if i can do nails every day...!!! if u were closer i could be a model for u...and u for me!! xx

Is Rushcliff High school still going, and does it still have the leisure center in the middle of it? If so thats the place for you to put a nice big poster up.
WANTED NAIL MODELS
newly qualified nail stylist requires models. For a limited time only a complete set of permanent French ( or what ever ) for £.....
Don't delay this offer open for 4 weeks only
Special offers for school prob bookings being taken now
All prom bookings secured with a £10 deposit will benefit from free nail art on the day.

Is Rushcliff High school still going, and does it still have the leisure center in the middle of it? If so thats the place for you to put a nice big poster up.
WANTED NAIL MODELS​

newly qualified nail stylist requires models. For a limited time only a complete set of permanent French ( or what ever ) for £.....
Don't delay this offer open for 4 weeks only
Special offers for school prob bookings being taken now
All prom bookings secured with a £10 deposit will benefit from free nail art on the day.

This is fab. Thank-you :)

I am sure Gigi has covered this and I know Sassy Hassy has.
As I've already put above, big poster and then target where you put it
Schools for the proms
Play groups for the mums who have suddenly for the first time got a couple of hours free.
community halls for everyone, retired ladies, etc.
When you have got a bit of experience, wedding shops, florists hair dresses that don't have a nail stylist.
Ask at all the places that do have them if you could come in one day a week and gain a bit of experience, working with and watching the techs at work, for free.
Same places do they need anyone to do holiday cover.
If I remember more I will come back:lol:

Yep, I can see it now, she will do nails, and you will do spray tans and body art and the only time you will ever touch a computer again is to come on here and geek:green:

LOL we're both major computer geeks too though - I doubt if I'd give computing up completely even if I *was* spending most of the day body painting lol...

Latest posts

Back