How do i get customers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbel

Reaction score
Hey

i was here last year, my marriage broke down so i had alot on so i gave up doing the nails for a few months and never really put an effort into it...

i want to do so now...so can someone kindly advise me what i can do?

get out there and advertise, leaflet drops, yell.com, local paper, notice boards, tell people, let them know you are there:)

Good luck hun

Wow, you could write war and peace on how to get new clients, and more specifically how to deter them!! The obvious choices are leaflets, shop posters, local press advertisiing, incentive offers eg free gift at 1st appointment, good professional shop front displays and signs, but to me the biggie which shouldnt be under estimated is word of mouth. Do your absolute best for each and every client, be friendly and helpful, show concern and interest for the ongoing health of their nails, and those friends will be likely to a) stay loyal to you and b) tell their friends about you.

My local area has a free publication, its an A5 glossy mag with articles about the local area, and adverts for local businesses and its really cheap to advertise. I just paid £90 for a half page full colour ad, artwork included, and that get delivered to 10,000 homes in my local area. Its published in April so I'll let you know what the response is like.

hey thanks to both of you above for your advice..its much appreciated :)

I read a really good thing on here once. This works for both mobile and salon based techs.

If you are a salon based tech, have an open night. Get five or so of your friends together at your salon and make them bring a friend who you don't know. Get some nibbles, bottles of wine and music and then perform a free mini treatment on everyone, give them price lists etc. etc. etc. This way, they have had chance to sample your work before they buy, and they may tell other people about you. If you are going mobile, get one of your friends to host the party, or host it at your house.

I know it means initially giving something away, but it is a brill way to get people talking about you and your services without spending hundreds on advertising.

In my experience, I have found that advertising doesn't work. People switch off to it. I've had adverts in newspapers, on radio stations and on yell.com They are all expensive and I have had little, or no return.

On my local station I did a 'winning weekend' I paid £300 to donate prizes (a free manicure or pedicure) for the radio station to give away. They talked about my salon and how good the prize was all weekend. Then, five people won the prize. I gave away five freebies, two of them have become regulars, but on the back of that, I got 6 new clients that week.

Hope this helps you a little bit and good luck!

hi - i put an ad in local mag, fairly priced, so far had 3 clients, but it's only been out twice, so fingers crossed.
Pamper nights at schools, baby classes, offer vouchers for charity do's
the list is endless!

Hey

i was here last year, my marriage broke down so i had alot on so i gave up doing the nails for a few months and never really put an effort into it...

i want to do so now...so can someone kindly advise me what i can do?

There has been lots of good advice given however the future success of your buisness has to come from your heart and your desire to make a go of it and stick with it through thick and thin.

It sounds like this is an ideal time for you to now rebuild your life and buisness and move posativley forward.

You have already taken the first step by wanting to "do so now" and that is the most important first step to take....so go out there,get stuck in and do it.

Trust in yourself,your capabilities ( hope for a bit of luck on the way) and think posative and you will look back at today wondering why you had any doubts.
Good luck with your venture.:hug:

Hi Tinkerbell - you are obviously at phase in your life so grab this opportunity. I think many expect success overnight and I have found this rarely the case. Positive long term plans and commitment are essential. Go into business as if you mean it - that may sound odd but people who just dip their toe in the water and who are not really sure send a bad vibe to customers.

I also have never had much response from expensive newspaper ads. I intend to build up again from word of mouth. I got an immediate response from leaflet drops and I am still applying for every free form of advertising I can. The lady who said be positive with every client and do your best every time I feel is the best way to get custom. I also think that when training is over therapists wonder where the clients are but getting them and retaining them require just as much effort and commitment. Good luck & I hope you have a brighter future.:)

Hi Tinkerbel,

My advice would be to do as many sets as you possibly can on friends, relatives neighbours, anybody - drag them in from the streets if you have to!! just charge them the bare minimum, at cost, and do them to your absolute best ability. Arm them with shed loads of business cards and tell them to talk !! The best form of advertising is word of mouth and if they are happy with their nails they are all walking talking little adverts ! it keeps you on your toes to do good work too. I dont do any advertising at all and im fully booked.

Good luck :wink2:

Latest posts

Back