How do I learn to do a Custom Blend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE22

Reaction score
Hi, i really want to learn how to custom blend, so i can offer nail biters or people with damaged nail beds etc. a service that can hide their imperfections. How would i start to learn, is their a course or will i nedd to just play around with colours? To be honest i dont know where to start so any help would be kindly apreciated.x

it does not say what system you use in your profile...??...they are all different with custom blend.....there is a tutorial on here but thats just for creative users..hth x

If you fill out your profile with some more details eg what systems you use etc people will be able to advise you :):)

i would certainly take a training course in problem nails, you can not learn these skills from a forum. If you want details of a course pm me

sorry i have another profile that i cant get into, thats why i havent filled out my new one yet. I am a creative trained nail technician. Thanks ill have a look for it.Has anyone got any tips? x

sorry i have another profile that i cant get into, thats why i havent filled out my new one yet. I am a creative trained nail technician. Thanks ill have a look for it.Has anyone got any tips? x

there is a tutorial for custom blending flower - but to be honest it takes more than reading about it, it took me bloody ages to get to grips with it, i just couldnt "see" what the skin tone was, blue, pink, peach, peach with a blue hue, pink with an orange background, its not easy flower, thankfully my mate is an artist and had to do colors at college, so she was able to "teach" me the different skintones.

i thinkt the best tip i can give you - if you want a start (what my mate made me do) look at diff nail pics with custom blends on them, and see if you can spot whether they look right or not. it worked for me flower

I learnt all about custom blending from this very site. I use CND products for this and just keying in under search for custom blending will bring u up heaps. Have fun, and dont forget to keep a recipe book and label your jars..much less wastage.
One thing i will add, if u dont find this initially under search, is u do need to feather out each zone perfectly, otherwise u will hav nasty demarcation lines. But most importantly, have fun!!

Hi, i really want to learn how to custom blend, so i can offer nail biters or people with damaged nail beds etc. a service that can hide their imperfections. How would i start to learn, is their a course or will i nedd to just play around with colours? To be honest i dont know where to start so any help would be kindly apreciated.x

If you are CND trained then the obvious move is to contact your educator and book onto a CND Custom Blending class isn't it? IT IS SO MUCH EASIER TO DO A CLASS WHICH MAKES IT ALL VERY LOGICAL AND EASY.

You do not want to make mistakes with this treatment ... as the client then has to live with your mistake for quite a while or you are put into the embarrasing position of having to remove and replace which costs everyone either time or money.

Take my advice and take a class. Then you know all you need to know without costly mistakes.

It's worth doing the custom blend course, as the application technique is just slightly different to standard application. It's pretty important to fully understand the colour theory too. Custom blend can be your best friend when you get it right.......but when it's wrong.....it looks bloody awful!

HTH

I did my CND custom blending class after learning from this site, and was so disappointed, especially as it focused on white tips and she didnt even go through colour theory. The only powders we were shown was flawless, intense pink, white.
I am sure the UK has a much more professional and indepth approach to these classes tho. If only we had your education.
It all depends on the teacher i guess and her enthusiasm and knowledge.

I am ooked onto my CBM course on 14th Feb!! I cant wait! Ive been waiting so long to do it!

After my skillbuilding course my educator gave me 2 recipes for a CB, and Ive been getting on great with them for certain clients, but I didnt want to mess too much incase I got into a habit of doing it wrongly!

So I'd say book onto a course!

xxxxxxx:D

If you are CND trained then the obvious move is to contact your educator and book onto a CND Custom Blending class isn't it? IT IS SO MUCH EASIER TO DO A CLASS WHICH MAKES IT ALL VERY LOGICAL AND EASY.

You do not want to make mistakes with this treatment ... as the client then has to live with your mistake for quite a while or you are put into the embarrasing position of having to remove and replace which costs everyone

I am in the process of booking mine with Katrina, waiting for her to get back to me with details. Got a client who's more than happy for me to practise on. Can't wait!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back