How do I remove THICK L&P toes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Wondering if you can help me?

I had a client book me for a rebalance of her L&P nails and toes. She had been visiting another local salon. To cut a long story short........
...... it took me hours to file down her nails, they were thick and very hard to file. (I dont think they are MMA beacue they were still clear, not cloudy at all, and it didn't smell when filed). Beacause of this I only managed to do her nails, so she has re-boked me for her toes.

When I looked at her toes the L&P on them are at least 5mm thick!:eek:

I would like to give her nice gel toes, so I would like to remove these thick ugly L&P nails, but how do I go about it?

Any suggestions?

My initial idea was;
1)Try and file down as much as I can
2)Soak cotton wool in acetone place on the nails
3) wrap in tin foil
4)leave to soak (and hope for the best!):irked:

I really do think I may have to soak these things off, but how would I place her toes in the acetone??????

HELP!!!!!!!

My initial idea was;
3) wrap in tin foil

I would do exactly that xx

you wouldnt place her toe nails in acetone hun, you would soak some cotton wool with remover then wrap it around the toe nails individually and wrap tin foil around the cotton wool to keep the heat in and speed up the process and wait hth

I would do exactly what you have already described - take as much off with the file as you can and pop pads soaked in acetone on her toes before wrapping with foil. Some heat may help speed up the soak off, maybe wrap her feet in warmed towels off the radiator. Protect your floor with a towel in case any acetone seeps out too. Bet she will be glad to get rid of her chunky doorsteps and get some lovely sleek tootsies!

My initial idea was;
3) wrap in tin foil

Exactly what I would do too. She's gonna love the ones you're gonna do on her after these doorstops isn't she!

I too would do that jo.
Have you thought about putting acetone in a bowl that you wash the pots in?

I would do exactly what has been said plus maybe pop her foot into a heated bootie or wrap in a towel just to warm and hopefully speed up the process. hth's xx

I would do exactly what has been said plus maybe pop her foot into a heated bootie or wrap in a towel just to warm and hopefully speed up the process. hth's xx

Good thinking :hug:

Thanks guys for the sugestions
:D
The only thing Im concerend about is the length of time its gonna take me to file down all that really hard L&P.
When I did her nails they weren't as thick as her toes!
Even when I cracked open my 100grit files (which I never use!!) they still struggled to get through this stuff!

I would add that it is best not to put hands/feet into heated electric booties when you have acetone in there too. If the acetone leaked it would melt through the plastic and I;m not sure acetone and electric wires mix! :eek:

I would add that it is best not to put hands/feet into heated electric booties when you have acetone in there too. If the acetone leaked it would melt through the plastic and I;m not sure acetone and electric wires mix! :eek:
You just beat me to it! Doh!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok if unsure about the booties, just a warm towel then! :)

Sounds like you need a drill that they use on concrete in building sites. lol

I would do the soak, wrap, foil, warm towel method. Don't worry if it takes a while to get off once you have finished the job and she sees how great and "not thick" her toots are you would have gained a long term client and all that time you spent would have been worth it, plus it will only be on this occasion that you have to do this.

oh i bet you are dreading it:irked: , i hate soaking off really thick nails , my client who went elsewhere while i was on holiday had the thickest things on her hands which took forever to get off , and i had filed down tons !!
good luck hun and give your client a magazine so it passes the time :lol: :lol:
oh deffo use some mild warmth to help speed up the process !! :lol:

Well it took a while but we got there!
I was so chuffed with the transformation, and so was she!
She kept saying just look at my pretty toes.....theyre so lovely......ohhhh sooo pretty! so I think she liked them! lol.

But hey the state they were in before; anything would have been an improvement! Even she said they looked like raptor feet! and any longer and you would be able to hear them click on the floor!!!!

bloomin eck girl , why didnt ya take photos !! to inspire us all :green:
am in no doubt they will ave been lovely when you had finished xx

But hey the state they were in before; anything would have been an improvement! Even she said they looked like raptor feet! and any longer and you would be able to hear them click on the floor!!!!

He he he this had me giggling!! Lol:lol: . Wish we had piccies too. Before and after. Well done though, you must be pleased.

Can I ask as I don't do gel, L&P can still be just as good on the toes. Many on here do gel toes but not many L&P why?

Can I ask as I don't do gel, L&P can still be just as good on the toes. Many on here do gel toes but not many L&P why?
I prefer to use gel for overlays on toes because I can achieve such a great result with very thin application and it is so easy to buff off. For problem toenails, I usually opt for L&P.

Latest posts

Back