How do you do your accounting/book-keeping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectlylaid

Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the business and I'm not sure what software I want to use in handling the finance side of things. I've heard excel is good, as well as wave and brightbooks, but I'm not sure which is the most efficient and easiest. Would appreciate any help you all can provide from personal experience.

just FYI, my business is hair & nails, but if you're just nails or just hair I would still appreciate the insight.

I do mine the old fashion way, I bought myself an accounts book, I just write down exactly wot I've done and tally the income every week, I then have a folder with every invoice and petrol receipt in a monthly Order. I pay an accountant to do my end of year taxes, a lot less stress :) x

Quickfile free online accounting. It's brilliant.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Get yourself a book keeper or accountant. They will save you more than they charge you anyway :)

I use Sage Accounts, but then I'm a limited company and VAT registered!
I do it all myself, including the VAT returns, but I wing the reports over to my accountant for a sanity check!

Excel spreadsheet for entering info, lever arch file for invoices etc then accountant at the end of the year!

I do it the same as Charlene everything's on paper and then I get the accountant to check it all over n do my return :)

I do it the same as Charlene everything's on paper and then I get the accountant to check it all over n do my return :)

Me too, yet to do an end of year yet though :/

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I use quick books but the salon system I use is very useful as well. My accountant can sign in from his office which is great

I've recently set up Quickfile after trialling Sage and Kashflow, its free and seems to have what I need. I think the thing to look for with these online services is bank reconciliation, I'm not comfortable with giving them my details for live feed, but I can upload my latest bank statement and it lets you assign to categories etc. I've not used it yet but there is a bit on Quickfile which lets you store receipts which seems very useful too.

Some of the paid ones offer other benefits such as being able to submit tax returns and also payroll, so it depends if you are looking for any of these things.

Latest posts

Back