How do you know if a Louis Vuitton is fake?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allabout beauty

Reaction score
Ok popped into my local charity shop and there on the shelf was the most gorgeous Louis Vuitton purse for £2.50!!! I bought it couldn't resist it is the most softest leather and suede on the inside and has a little serial code on the inside but is it real I'll try upload a pic let u all see

Kat xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322325719.974632.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322325719.974632.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 776
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322325767.974653.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322325767.974653.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 664
Even fakes are good these days but if it's genuine though, you've nabbed yourself a real bargain!

You see it all the time on Flog It and Real Deal, so you never know.

Keep us updated.

Hey :) that's what I'm thinking it might just be a really really good fake lol wonder if there is anywhere I can take it to?

Someone who's really up on their knowledge with designer bags would be able to tell immediately I'm sure.

Hi hon, LV are very big on symmetry they never cut the LV logo on seams & the stitches are of equal even amounts on facing seams, they emboss their logo on all metal ie. zippers & stud fasteners. I'll pop a couple of pics on of my purse xxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322327978.506627.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322328045.380079.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322328140.164571.jpg

Its fake...sorry. Im not an expert but looking at some of my Louis a few things gives it away. The metal pieces are all different. The button and the corners. Especially the corners on the inside. They should be the same shape as on the front. On the button there is not suppose to be thouse stripes. It should be blank and the "thing" should be more pointy. Also I have never seen that kind of number flab in a Louis Vuitton. Last the edges should have a rubbery look/feel where the canvas has been sealed. Its hard to tell from your pictures, but it does'nt look like yours has.

Sorry if my english is terrible but im danish...

Memo to self: must improve typing speed....

Hey guys thankyou! Thought it was too good to be true some unlucky sod in my family will get it for Christmas lol!!! Xoxox

Hey guys thankyou! Thought it was too good to be true some unlucky sod in my family will get it for Christmas lol!!! Xoxox

Aww would have been a nice find though & anyway it's still a nice purse xx

I'll give you £3:50 for it, :lol:

I think you have got yourself a bargain, never mind if it is a fake or not.
If it looks nice, and feels nice. ?! :biggrin:

Still a bargain for 2.50 lol

I got a genuine Marc Jacobs stam bag in my local charity shop it was Priced at 40 quid but myself and 2 others were interested so we had a bidding war! I ended up having to pay £120 which sounds a lot but brand new would have been £800!!!!

Still a bargain for 2.50 lol

I got a genuine Marc Jacobs stam bag in my local charity shop it was Priced at 40 quid but myself and 2 others were interested so we had a bidding war! I ended up having to pay £120 which sounds a lot but brand new would have been £800!!!!

I am a bit of a Marc Jacobs expert. I would love to see the nameplate and the serial tag inside this bag. There are some serious fakes of this particular style. At least 80% of the ones on Ebay that say "Authentic" are fake.

Sorry my lovely, like others said its fake, if there is a serial code on designers (not all do them) its usually on a leather panel stitched inside.
The reason fakes can be made with such precision is that the same factory's that produce the real article produce the fakes, this happened when the majority of designer manufacturing went to china and Indonesia.
My mum has found many a "bargain" in charity shops, some fake some real, finding both is part of the fun xoxo

Btw always loved louis and Burberry until Chavz took over them xoxo

I am a bit of a Marc Jacobs expert. I would love to see the nameplate and the serial tag inside this bag. There are some serious fakes of this particular style. At least 80% of the ones on Ebay that say "Authentic" are fake.

I don't understand why, she loves her bag and why would u burst her bubble by saying its fake! Who really cares

This thread is a year old and Kathryn doesn't post anymore so she probably won't be putting any more pics on x

Also I think I can just make out it say made in France?
LV is Italian leather it's not made in France

Yes unfortunately that's a fake, the real LV coloured monogram was done in 36 different colours if memory serves me. Just incase anyone wonders for the future.

I don't understand why, she loves her bag and why would u burst her bubble by saying its fake! Who really cares

I care because I love the real thing. People who are duped by fakes very often don't realise the real beauty and quality of these items.

Also because one day she might put it on Ebay saying it is "Authentic" and effectively cheat someone else.

Also, just because someone "loves" a fake product whether it be a bag, hair straighteners, nail product, beauty product, shoes etc does not make it right. These products are illegal in the UK.

I care because I love the real thing. People who are duped by fakes very often don't realise the real beauty and quality of these items.

Also because one day she might put it on Ebay saying it is "Authentic" and effectively cheat someone else.

Also, just because someone "loves" a fake product whether it be a bag, hair straighteners, nail product, beauty product, shoes etc does not make it right. These products are illegal in the UK.

I think we all appreciate the quality of designer items, I certainly do but would never in a million yrs post a comment in the manner which you did, she wasn't asking for opinions only sharing her new buy!!

So you've never done anything illegal??
I certainly have, sex before 16, smoking before 16 drinking before 18!!

Latest posts

Back