How do you protect your own nails when using acetone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
I am wearing Dashing Diva and wonder those who also wear it without gel, how do you protect them when using varnish remover or acetone?

I don't use anything, but you could try hands down pads... they have a plastic backing and your own nails won't get destroyed with removing enamel.

I find that it's all in the technique, if you can train your fingers to hold the pads or cotton properly, you shouldn't have any damage. I wrap the pad or cotton under the middle knuckle of my middle finger, holding it in place with my index and ring fingers. I find this gives me excellent control and the acetone, or polish remover, never comes in contact with my own nails. Good luck!

I find that it's all in the technique, if you can train your fingers to hold the pads or cotton properly, you shouldn't have any damage. I wrap the pad or cotton under the middle knuckle of my middle finger, holding it in place with my index and ring fingers. I find this gives me excellent control and the acetone, or polish remover, never comes in contact with my own nails. Good luck!

I do this but I've been holding it further up my finger so it has been coming into contact with the nail on my index and ring finger. I'll try moving it down. Thanks forth tip. :green:

QUOTE=I am wearing Dashing Diva and wonder those who also wear it without gel, how do you protect them when using varnish remover or acetone?

I wear gloves, and if its one of mine I cut the finger off the latex glove I wont to work on

Thank you all for your replies. I will certainly try holding the wipe further down my fingers. As for gloves, I just assumed the acetone would melt the glove, but I will certainly try that too.

Acetone does melt gloves. I use acetone taking out ext, and it plays havoc with my shellac. I get through about 4 pairs of gloves per head.

Latest posts

Back