How Do You Stay Informed (New techs Too)?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I subscribe to Scratch, Professional Nails, Professional Beauty Magazines.
I Geek nearly every day lol
I started my training in August last year & want to do much more as soon as i can.
I go to as many shows as i can, Ive been to Gmex, Excel, Earls court & I am going to earls court on 10th Sept.
I read all the news letters i get sent from my suppliers.
I am genuinely interested in my profession & that makes a huge difference too xxxx

i dont know if i am sad but i cant wait for my scratch to come every month i flick through first then go back and read through it about 20 times.And of course i geek every day .

New Tech- I started going to the London shows during training and am waiting to go to my third next weekend- I can't wait, I learn so much from them and would hate to miss one. I also subscribe to Scratch and Professional Nails, come on here regularly and chat to my friends who I trained with. I'm hoping to do more training too as soon as cash permits.

I subscribe to nails and nailpro mag(us) and Professional Beauty mag(Au).Try to do yearly training to improve the skills.Trade show each year.Addicted to nail websites Geek,Beauty Tech, APFA site, nails mag site.I'm also a member of the Australian nail association.After sixteen years in the industry I still find new things to learn and master I don't think you ever really stop.

I have just finished my HND in BEauty Therapy so 2 and a half years of study(did a massage course prior to HND) Whilst studying I did my VTCT Nail Technology at night and VTCT Indian Head Massage in the summer break.

I am permanently attached to this site:)

I research any recommendations given

I subscribe to Professional Beauty

I did subscribe to Scratch and PN until very recently and most likely will subscribe again at GMEX

I have a library of reference books for all of my subjects

I keep in close contact with my lecturers for updates.

Currently about to rent a room for initially Beauty, my next course within 6 months will be Hot Stones and more importantly some 1-2-1's with an educator to establish how good/poor my nail skills are.

Unfortunately at the moment I now need to generate cash to fund my new training

Latest posts

Back