How does everyone advertise their websites?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kjiji.ca
business cards
brochures
word of mouth
I'm looking into putting it on the back window of my van with those white window decal logo's/lettering
E-newsletters
facebook group
store bulletin boards

Are you sure people aren't hitting the site in the numbers you want?

A lot of the time people assume that if they can get people to look at their website, they'll automatically convert to customers, but that's rarely the case. In fact, if you can convince one out of every ten visitors to your site to book an appointment you're doing better than most.

Search engine optimization is important, but what you put on your site and how you organize it is just as important. Ideally you want to find a web designer who's competent and who you trust, but great results can still be had putting your own together.

A couple of tips:

1. Take advantage of free material. The web is chock full of it. Open Source Web Design - Download free web design templates. for example, has something like 2000 free website templates by professional designers. All of them can be downloaded and modified.

2. Start a blog. Blogs (short for web log) are loved by search engines, which attempt to rank sites based on relevant content. While backlinks are important, nothing replaces quality content in getting your site higher in organic rankings. Just shoot for one or two posts a week that have something to do with your business or industry. Your site will show higher in rankings and, as a bonus, your clients will be drawn back to your site more frequently, and will come to trust your expertise (which means more referral business and more bookings). Check out http://www.wordpress.org for more info.

3. Use Google. Google Analytics (Google Analytics) is a free tool you put on your site that shows you everything visitors to your site do; what they look at, for how long, where they go when they've finished a page, how many come, take one look and leave, etc. It's invaluable for figuring out what works on your site and what doesn't. They also offer AdWords (Welcome to AdWords) which is a paid service that puts your ad up next to relevant google searches. You decide how much you pay when someone clicks the ad (you only pay when someone actually clicks it, not when it shows) and you decide how much you want to spend a month. Those two together are a great way to increase your traffic and to make sure your traffic converts to customers.

Any of these could really be their own post, but this should get you started, at least.

Its very true, not all that visit will become clients, but one thing you can do though, is share monthly coupons or discounts with codes on the site.
In advertising have people know they can get discounts if they visit your site & get these codes or printable coupons.

Hi this sounds mad but kinda worked for me

my personal e-mail has a link to our site and in red (to catch the eye) says check out our current offers. My friends are always forwarding cute e-mails and loads of they're friends are local so every so often i'll send them a new cute mail with my link and usually within a couple of days my site has quite a few hits... just make sure its a decent e-mail u forward!!

hope you find this useful xx

brilliant idea!

How much do you guys pay for your website and who did you use??

I used freewebs (ggogle it).

I pay about £3 a month, and I have complete access to maintenance, which is what I wanted. As and when I want to change something, I just log on, edit & publish.

Look at mine (at the bottom of my reply), and see what you think. It so easy to do, although I took agaes, as I was so conscious that it was good, and I am really happy with mine.

Hope that helps

Carly x

Our very own Ruth Mills did mine and i love it. Very reasonable too.

Following on from the email.

This week I sent an email to friends and family offering a friend referral discount they had to add my email addy and send the email out to all of their friends. each friend to book would receive a welcome voucher for £5 off a tretment and the friend sending the email would also get a thank you £5 up to the value of £30 off their next treatment. All friends had to be booked and paid for before the origional sender gets theor discount.

this way your topping up you contacts to let them know of all your great offers and that your there.

Hi everyone.

You could try using Google maps http://www.google.com/local/add/splashPage?hl=en-US&gl=US

Its free, works great for local businessess and you can even provide printable coupons, also using it will help your rankings in the search engine.

If your not already I would recommend considering setting up an adwords campaign the two together will really boost your resuls.

Latest posts

Back