How does Shrinking Violet work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where exactly did I say I would be applying medication to my clients. If you are going to respond then at least read my post properly.
And gastric bands are to stop people eating so much as their current eating habits cause them to become obese. Shrinking violet wraps arent claiming to be a miracle cure for people needing to lose 10 stone!
These responses are becoming rather amusing.

You didn't. Where did I say you said you were?

Why stop eating if you can just wrap yourself up and the fat melts away.

I don't find this amusing. I've always found snake oil salesmen quite upsetting in fact.

You didn't. Where did I say you said you were?

Why stop eating if you can just wrap yourself up and the fat melts away.

I don't find this amusing. I've always found snake oil salesmen quite upsetting in fact.

Just your last comment quoted -
"Medication (such as ibuprofen) can be self-administered or by a qualified health professional. If a beauty therapist was found to be administering medication then the authorities would make mincemeat of them"
Shrinking violet is not a medication so I was confused what u were getting at?

Snake salesman? This is all getting a bit strange. Not sure where you are from but where I am from I dont look upon other therapists as sales people.

You dont get it...u cant eat what u want as u replace the fat cells that have been removed...just like lipo suction does not work if u eat 10 McDonald's after it!! Going round in circles with this now.

No matter what we say you are too ignorant to listen so I think this should be agree to disagree and end the thread. I am sure the OP just wanted a straight forward answer...not all this argumentative discussion!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

No point in argueing. Clinical trial information will be realised soon and jobs a good un! The results prove that the product is fat burning. It hasn't all been released yet because of all the exclusives happening. Tibby Olivier isn't going to release information early just because of a few jealous people on salon geek who don't have any professionalism and slate other therapists products/work. A lot of people stating what they think are facts when they obviously don't have a degree in science! If your upset because your wrap system isn't as good don't get jelous, just join the team!

No one is slating anybody or any product; we just want information! Wow we're so jealous for wanting that.

Well I for one can’t wait!

This data is gonna change the world as we know it.

Once instant effort free fat loss has been mastered, it’s only a matter of time before they will be curing cancer with eye of newt!

Well I for one can’t wait!

This data is gonna change the world as we know it.

Once instant effort free fat loss has been mastered, it’s only a matter of time before they will be curing cancer with eye of newt!

It certainly is! If this miraculous wrap really does do what it says, then it's going to be headline news. No more Slimming World, Weight Watchers, gym memberships, Liposuction etc. They have obviously found the cure for obesity. This is amazing. Everyone is going to be wrapped up like mummies. Including me! I can't wait. I'm so excited.

Tibby will obviously get a Nobel prize for this.

Does nobody realise that its not for dramatic fat loss? Its hardly going to replace obesity surgery measures or be available on prescription.

I honestly think It's majorly unprofessional to start taking the mickey out of brands on a PUBLIC forum and say its all lies with nothing but snickering and bitchy comments to back it up.

Totally off topic and no help to the OP.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Does nobody realise that its not for dramatic fat loss? Its hardly going to replace obesity surgery measures or be available on prescription.

I honestly think It's majorly unprofessional to start taking the mickey out of brands on a PUBLIC forum and say its all lies with nothing but snickering and bitchy comments to back it up.

Totally off topic and no help to the OP.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

But what can you expect when the OP's original question is still waiting to be answered.

Someone mentioned therapists not being salespeople but I think a lot of the job could be considered like sales, you have to promote yourself to clients, you sell and promote your treatments and products.
I've already said that I use the minimi wraps, which seems to use the same how it works wording as shrinking violet. They have a good profit margin so when I took them into my salon I told all my clients about them in the hope that they would get them done, I've done loads and they've had quite good results (I don't just hold the tape tighter😄) but although I promoted and sold the treatment to my clients I never promised them miracle weight loss, I think it's good for someone that has a holiday or an event within a few days but I wouldn't expect it to stay off long term! Same as shrinking violet the aftercare is to eat healthy etc etc so you're bound to lose weight if you don't usually eat healthy!

Amanda xx

And jojo77 kinda answered to op question at the very beginning!

The fact remains that the burden of proof is always on the person making the claim. It is not up to a sceptic to prove why something doesn't work, it is up to the claimant to prove why it does work. Anyone that is interested, google Russell's Teapot.

This is a basic principle of science. I am not talking about any particular product or service here, but I'm going to need to see some published, randomised and double blind studies before I believe a lot of claims - not to mention peer reviewed. Many of these are marketing claims, not science derived claims.

I anyone can provide this information I would be delighted to read it, as both a therapist and a scientist.

I've been away from SG for a while, and reading this thread makes me want to stay away. I dont understand how so many of you can be SO BITCHY to one another!!!!! There is a complete lack of manners and respect for one another. I remember when SG was a place for civilised adult discussion. Not anymore, by the looks of it.

Does it not bother some of you that your clients may be reading this? This is a public forum, after all. Some of you need your heads banging together. I read this thread and had an image of playground bullying, hair pulling and name calling...! This thread has descended into something ugly and unprofessional and clearly hasn't helped the OP with her original request. Well done all.

I would love it, if this actually did work! This is what I found when searching Shrinking Violet.

Dr Stephen O’Rahilly, Director of the Metabolic Research Laboratories at Cambridge University:

Firstly, shrinking violet body wraps won't work. Lipolysis which is the breakdown of triglycerides and fat to its constituent free fatty acids and glycerol is a highly controlled and sophisticated biochemical process, and no amount of wrapping will induce this to occur in the fat cells.

Secondly, if it did work, it would actually be dangerous. The reason our bodies have all the fat cells was to make a relatively safe place to store excess energy and a place for much energy to be released during times when food is scarce. If we suddenly release a large amount of fat from our fat cells, it would have to go somewhere. We know this is very bad news because patients who, for genetic or other reasons can't make adequate number of fat cells develop severe metabolic side effects including diabetes, pancreatitis, cirrhosis of the liver, all as a result of this toxic fat going somewhere where it shouldn’t be out of fat cells and into other tissues. So, not only is this idea nonsense, it’s potentially dangerous nonsense.

Just being an advocate here as do not use this product but have these professors actually trialled this product and if so are there clinical findings published ?
There are lots of medically approved devices on the market that trigger lipolysis with clinical study's mainly low level lasers or lasers working on far infra red wavelengths these induce lipolysis and heavy exercise is recommended immeadatley after to use the released fatty acids and glycerol
However there are also cavitation systems on the market that are approved with clinical study's in the case of cavitation no exercise is required as the cell is completely destroyed by the ultrasound implosion and the fragmented cells is removed as the autoimmune system pushes what it sees as toxins to the lymphatic system
Also phospholipids have been used in medical mesotherapy for years as a lypolitic
I just wanted to make the point that there are ways to loose fat through non invasive treatments

Wow that sounds fab! Maybe if we round up all the obese people, ask them to strip off, then spray it out of a plane (one of those ones they use for forest fires) then we could cure the obesity epidemic in one fell swoop?!

Whatever next :lol: :lol:

What a disgusting attitude you have!!

Latest posts

Back