How effective?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahhh123

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Was just wondering how effective you find your website and if it brings any bookings?

I literally set mine up on Friday - www.sarahsmobilebeauty.co.uk and it's had quite a few hits but no phone calls/emails yet. I know it's early days but would you all be so kind as to give me some feedback on it?

Thanks very much :)

Hi i think your website looks great, i am thinking of having one built but not sure it will bring any business? Did you do yours yourself or did a company build it?:green:

Go to vistaprint.co.uk - it's great. I pay a fiver or so a month, they give you the template and you type it in, so easy! Also it gives you an email address and gives you information on all your site traffic! (people that have visited the site and where from)

Always best to explore all avenues :)

xx

Oh and may I ask, how did you get clients if you didn't advertise online? xx

I am just re starting out mobile so only friends and some business cards so far, hence needing to get some more exposure and clients, am going to go on vista print now, thanks for the tip:green:

My website works really well!
If you have only just put it on the web you will have to wait for the search engines to put out their 'spiders' before you get anything.
spiders are the finding new websites tool once you have been found you will be listed.
Dont just use your website on the web go to sites like yell.com and freeindex and list yourself there.

Go to vistaprint.co.uk - it's great. I pay a fiver or so a month, they give you the template and you type it in, so easy! Also it gives you an email address and gives you information on all your site traffic! (people that have visited the site and where from)

Always best to explore all avenues :)

xx

Hey,
I have also got a vistaprint website but i dont know where u find out your site traffic? you u help :)

Hi hun if you go on the website dashboard and the site activity it lists it all there!

Vistaprint is quite good isnt it - I thought they only did business cards lol! But I found it so easy to make a professional looking website without learning HTML!! Hope it all goes well for you!

And I have listed my site in every free listing I can aswell lol! xx

Hey,
I have also got a vistaprint website but i dont know where u find out your site traffic? you u help :)
If you only have a basic Vista print site, you dont get a counter to tell you how many hits your getting.
It's there way of getting you to upgrade.
Get as much traffic through it as poss by getting friends to have a nose, put a link to it on your face book wall, or set up a group on face book and invite all your friends, get on all the free advertising sites on line. This way when the spiders look for links they will find you and you will move up on a google search.
I have found my site is brilliant, when people google me now, i come out about second to top, depends what words they use.
But i would reccomend having a website, it is very cheap advertising, and people like to have a nose at what you have to offer and prices before they call.xxx

i still carnt find it! lol maybe its because i only pay £2.99 a month?

but yeah... anyone who's looking for a website i would defo use vista print its easy, cheap and your in control if u need to change anything. and you can also upgrade later :)

www.vipspraytanning.vpweb.co.uk

Faye, if you advertise everywhere you can think of (I mean posting your website on as many freead websites as possible) will it come up more on google?

I've got an AdWords account with them which is going to cost me money - apparently people have clicked on me through it but when I put in "mobile beauty therapist plymouth" or something to that effect I still don't come up!! xx

And spraytangeek - I had a look at your site (looks cool btw :green:) and I notice you have a facebook page, how on earth do i do that?

I have a personal one and want to set up one for my business (not a "fan" page but a proper profile) and it will NOT let me!

grrrr why cant i just have loads of money to pay someone to advertise for me lol!! xx

my facebook page is a 'fan' page.

facebook: v.i.p mobile spray tanning

it wouldnt let me have a normal page like i wanted :( but i do have 100 fans onmypage now :) but to be honest no one has booked a tan through facebook- only friends and fam- who would of txted me anyway X

It will gradually move up in a google search Hun, I don't pay them and I'm right near the top. Just having a fan page on facebook is fine, you will not necessarily get bookings from it, but friends will have a nose at your site which will help it move up in google. Xxx

Thankyou! If you dont pay and yours is near the top I am cancelling my account lol! Thank god I only owe them £2 eh :lol: xx

Hi all,
I love vistaprint for a multitude of things but i personally would say have a look at HealthHosts - Therapists Website Design - Welcome..., their sites are great and very easy to maintain yourself, and cheap.
With regard to traffic for your site, get linking. The more links and adverts you can create via others for your site the higher ranking it will become in the search engines. Also look at your key words (these are what are looked for by search engines) make sure you include your area. We paid a company to optimise our site but all they did was take our money and ran so we have done it ourselves and get allot of business from it.

HTH
Helen xx

Last edited:
hi you have to put your website link anywhere you can and it will get googled fairly quick..

put your website on these sites there all free excpet gumtree is £4.95.

1.google maps,
2.advertise on gumtree and put your website link (gumtree ads get googled very quick)
3. netmums
4. free index
5. vivastreet
6.hotfrog (another good one that shows up quick)
7.brownbook
8. acessplace

also see any directories for your specific borough and list it there..:lol:

not sure if if you can put any keywords in the footer of your website with vistaprint but if you can .......put keywords there e.g. beauty salon, hair salon etc..
i saw this on another site and did the same and its really helped..

thanks very much everyone :)

Latest posts

Back