How has Shellac helped your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallpap

Reaction score
Hi
I am a qualified nail tech and im looking to introduce Shellac to my business.
Obviously there is an investment involved but I wondered how Shellac has affected your business and if you could pass on any advice
x

I am full just doing Shellac. Its 99% of my business now and wouldn't have it any other way.x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I absolutely love Shellac but I have to be honest and admit that I am not willing to compete with the £7 and £10 people offering it in my area. I've stood strong and not dropped down to their crazy prices but I still am not getting anywhere with it. I have now decided that I am not offering it anymore.

For me, it hasn't helped my business at all. But that isn't because nobody wants it - it's because they don't want to pay what it's worth. X

My advice would be to check out your local competition, see what they charge and then go from there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
i only use gel polish for manis and regular polish for pedis. This is what my clients demand, not a personal preference. I also offer L&P, gel , waxing and make up. I would say that gel polish is about 65-70% of my revenue and it sells the whole year (for example i do pedis mainly in the summer time).

I absolutely love Shellac but I have to be honest and admit that I am not willing to compete with the £7 and £10 people offering it in my area. I've stood strong and not dropped down to their crazy prices but I still am not getting anywhere with it. I have now decided that I am not offering it anymore.

For me, it hasn't helped my business at all. But that isn't because nobody wants it - it's because they don't want to pay what it's worth. X

My advice would be to check out your local competition, see what they charge and then go from there.

Oh no seriously? Where about do you live because I'm worried I'm going to have a similar issue round here as there are some ridiculously cheap places offering it!

Shellac gave me a buisness :Love: which i have now built upon to add other treatments (enhancements) and some beauty based treatments .

Hi I only do Gelish and beauty treatments and Gelish has absolutely made my business, I am now thinking of offering enhancements to go along side aswell.

I would say though, don't offer it cheap, I charge £20 for Basic colour Gelish and my clients love it, there are other places that do shellac and gel polish at ridiculous prices but charge what you think you are worth, I don't advertise and all my clients are now from referrals. x

Iv used shellac for around 4minths now. Iv used gelux opi and a few more and shellac is by far the best in its leauge and not being a gel is a big binus soak of time 10mins gaurenteed!! I do all treatments and work from home i would say 75-85% is shellac and my clients love it! I charge £20 and do a colour ofthe week every week at £12 was a brilliant way to get clients to try diffrent colours and use the shelf sitters!! I would defo recommend trust your products and advertise how brilliant shellac is and they will soon be piling through the door!! Good luck xx

Hi
I am a qualified nail tech and im looking to introduce Shellac to my business.
Obviously there is an investment involved but I wondered how Shellac has affected your business and if you could pass on any advice
x

Hi Wallpap
Hope you are well. As the suppliers in the UK and ROI for all CND offerings including CND Shellac I can tell you it changed OUR business over night and it's because it was designed to drive the consumer BACK into the salon. Many were disheartened when paying for manicures only to have them last for such a short time.

CND shellac allowed the consumer a power polish that didn't chip, smudge etc with brilliant shine and 14 day wear. Our customers, many that have responded to you on this thread, have stated it changed their businesses. It can do but it is also your attitude to it and how you market yourself and the confidence you have in yourself and your polishing and nail abilities.

Make sure that if you choose CND Shellac that you educate yourself so that you give your clients the best possible treatment. If we can help you, we would love to. Love & Respect

Doesnt that just pee you right off. Ridiculous people charging crazy prices like that. Does my head in. There should be a cap on it. It's not fair. It might not be the original shellac but clients don't know that do they?
Doesn't mean I'd compete with them prices though. I charge from £20.00 for Shellac and I'm good at it. I use all CND products and I'm a CND certified salon. I love shellac and so do my clients.

Iv used shellac for around 4minths now. Iv used gelux opi and a few more and shellac is by far the best in its leauge and not being a gel is a big binus soak of time 10mins gaurenteed!! I do all treatments and work from home i would say 75-85% is shellac and my clients love it! I charge £20 and do a colour ofthe week every week at £12 was a brilliant way to get clients to try diffrent colours and use the shelf sitters!! I would defo recommend trust your products and advertise how brilliant shellac is and they will soon be piling through the door!! Good luck xx

Did you do the shellac training course?

Doesn't mean I'd compete with them prices though. I charge from £20.00 for Shellac and I'm good at it. I use all CND products and I'm a CND certified salon. I love shellac and so do my clients.

How do you become a CND certified Salon? If you don't mind me asking.

Shellac is my business!

I'm trained in Acrylics & gels so when I opened that's what I was going to offer.
I trained in shellac and majority of my clients are shellac clients I get a handful for acrylics n gels.

How do you become a CND certified Salon? If you don't mind me asking.

Sweet squared can add you to the CND Salon Locator as long as you have been on the Shellac Training and you are a customer of Sweet Squared. :)

Thanks for getting back to me. Yep we're on their, apologies, I thought certification was another step along.

Oh..... After much deliberation. I'm going to go for it and give shellac a go, properly. As in jump on the training course learn, get my lamp, and buy a whole bunch of colours then market market market! In the new year I plan to make the move to do nails full time as a career and my only source of income so I need a good strong product to get out there with!!!!

There's nothing stopping me and from what you have all said it's boosted ODT of your businesses) and at least it's the most well known product in the industry so I can up sell and market it that way!

Darling Digits wouldn't exist without CND Shellac. It got me started in this industry and afforded me the luxury of leaving my droll job as a Local Government Benefits Assessment Officer to run DD fulltime after just 9 months of offering Shellac treatments in the evenings at my home salon.

I've never looked back - thank goodness for that evening in early 2012 when i did a google search for a long lasting nail product and discovered Shellac's existence...

Darling Digits wouldn't exist without CND Shellac. It got me started in this industry and afforded me the luxury of leaving my droll job as a Local Government Benefits Assessment Officer to run DD fulltime after just 9 months of offering Shellac treatments in the evenings at my home salon.

I've never looked back - thank goodness for that evening in early 2012 when i did a google search for a long lasting nail product and discovered Shellac's existence...

Wow! What a great story- I would love to leave my mundane admin job to do nails full time but I suppose I need to push my marketing more oh and start offering shellac of course!

Hi id you dont mind me asking how much is the shellac course and the shellac starter kit do you know? I cant seem to find it im planning on asking for money for Christmas so I can get started on a nail career. Iv been a watcher on the nail threads for ages and would love to be able to offer beautiful nails to people!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi id you dont mind me asking how much is the shellac course and the shellac starter kit do you know? I cant seem to find it im planning on asking for money for Christmas so I can get started on a nail career. Iv been a watcher on the nail threads for ages and would love to be able to offer beautiful nails to people!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you call Sweet Squared directly (the authorised CND Distributors and Shellac Training in the UK) they'll be more than happy to advise you of courses, prices and starter kits available :)

Latest posts

Back