How is business going for mobile/home beauty therapists?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hi,

How is business going for you mobile and home based beauty therapists?

At the moment im pretty quiet im home based.x

Im also home based and have been so quiet over the last few months things are picking up a bit now but not as much as I would like:irked:

I think it has alot to do with the area you are based I am in a little village so once I get a client they soon become regulars which is my bread and butter I would not get walk ins or one off clients.

Getting busier again now, I think everyone has had enough of scrimping and saving after Christmas and the New Year and are starting to come back out of the woodwork for treatments - we're very good at denying ourselves when bills need paying, but I think we'll do it for so long before we think 'sod it, I'm having my nails done/waxing/pedicure/etc' to hell with the bills for a few weeks :lol:

I am shocked at how busy I have been! :green:

Before Xmas I was rushed off my feet with parties, I was working all sorts of silly hours but I thought 'make the most of it because it will be dead in January...'

January I did 18 tans. I thought Feb would definately be worse, credit card bills etc coming in.... I did 21 tans and there are less days in Feb! March now and this week I've got 16 booked in!! and that's just Wednesday, Thursday and Friday :green: :green:

I think this is fantastic as I only tan in the evenings and weekends. Definately much busier than this time last year!

Before Xmas I was rushed off my feet with parties, I was working all sorts of silly hours but I thought 'make the most of it because it will be dead in January...'

January I did 18 tans. I thought Feb would definately be worse, credit card bills etc coming in.... I did 21 tans and there are less days in Feb! March now and this week I've got 16 booked in!! and that's just Wednesday, Thursday and Friday :green: :green:

I think this is fantastic as I only tan in the evenings and weekends. Definately much busier than this time last year!

Wow thats brill well done to you. I have aout 3 tans booked for this month and a possible hen night party. So far thats it.

Can i ask are you home based or mobile?

Wow, good for you!! Can I ask what solution you use and how do you advertise?? I have very little just lately :cry:

i dont go mobile till about 2/3 weeks times but from my website the last 3 day iv had 3 clients.....:green: 1 thats booked for treatments for wedding package, the others a group booking of 4 for gelpeds & gel manis, and one male client that i need to look into training for, so iv got my fingers crossed that good things are to come, its defo lifted my spirt

My business is very busy indeed. I took £500 more in February than my previous best month. I network extensively and this has paid off.

I use Sienna X solution, I only do spray tanning nothing else and I only work mobile. I dont advertise, all my clients come either through my website or via other clients. I have tried leaflet drops, advert in school magazine and posters with no clients what so ever out of it! I have had a couple of clients who have seen my magnetics on the car but not many.

I have been tanning now for 4 years and I get busier each year, even more so now that I am using Sienna. I definately get more repeat business from this solution than I did before I swapped over.

It takes time to build up but one client tells another who tells another etc etc.. I always try to accomodate clients appointments even if it means me tanning at 10pm if they are working a late shift for example, they wouldnt get that from the local salon.

I spray the local hairdressers at a reduced rate and they give out my cards and promote me, customers often comment on their tans :) every other Wednesday I go there and spray them plus any of their customers that they have booked in, I do the girls that work there for 10 pounds and everyone else is 15 pounds, so they are all getting a good deal out of it and it saves me travelling and petrol as they are all in one place. They have one of my posters up with the next date stuck on it and they book people in for me :green: last night I did 9, better than none even if some of them were a tenner!

I normally leave every new client a few business cards to hand out and some of them have stuck one on their notice board at work which has led to more bookings from their colleagues.

Do what you do well and always give good service and you will get there in the end, I can remember the days when I had one person booked in for the month too :hug:

I am maxed out and have been since last September... February was major which is strange because historically Feb is so quiet!!! Home based by the way.

:smack::smack:

I'm just back from my long holiday and expected to be a bit busier. But can't complain really, keep going. I've noticed that people spend a bit less compare to last year. But because I have more regular clients I get just as much cash as last year. It looks like spray tans are very popular so I will have to start doing them, so, maybe then I will get busier.

Very quiet this week...hope it's not a sign of things to come. I'm not home based, I have a small premises.....feb was busy enough. I'm giong to send a text out to all my clients tomorrow with the march specials

:) Im pretty busy, again thought new year would be quiet, but im getting 1 or 2 new clients a week at the mo, so well pleased.
There doesn't seem to be a credit crunch here, but maybe it's because im cheaper than salons, that there moving to me??!!:lol:

I'm so relieved that I'm busy and so far more booked than last year, my business seems to be expanding as expected over time. I am not experiencing any negative "credit crunch" effects yet (touch wood) and am gaining lots of new clients as recommendations by other clients. People seem to be planning ahead more and I even have a booking in August already and am half full for the next 5 weeks. I think people are looking ahead more and planning for the future.

I am mobile. :hug:

Latest posts

Back