How is MINX still being sold on ebay, I thought it got stopped?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you are all so bothered about this why dont you all pick one listing per day & report a seller selling either minx or shellac, there is enough of us to stop it, if it really matters to you prove it. :)

Hi Bevi,

Great idea, but I didn't know you could do that. Does it not have to be done by the companies themselves?

Yes, I am bothered by this. I even had my own Mother-In-Law who lives in Scotland (Quite far from me) tell me how she is buying a Shellac set off Ebay, as she liked how I did hers when she visited so much, but can't afford to have it done in a salon. I did proceed to tell her that you do need to know what your doing and have training but that has not seemed to put her off at all !!!!!:eek:

Hi ladies, can I just show you all a pic someone I know put on fb, "minxed my toes" its not minx and looks crap if people are happy to be ripped off like this it's their own fault, I know it's a bit off topic but had to show you all!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1308396775.814913.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1308396775.814913.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 177
Hi ladies, can I just show you all a pic someone I know put on fb, "minxed my toes" its not minx and looks crap if people are happy to be ripped off like this it's their own fault, I know it's a bit off topic but had to show you all!

It is Trendy nail wraps that has been applied in that photo and it looks like they just peeled off the backing trimmed to the shape of the nail and stuck it on without using any heat sorce at all.

But there are people out there who will be happy with having those toes for a day or 2 (as they wont last much longer than that) for the money they have paid.

They will soon see that if they get Minx applied properly by a professional then it will last for a lot longer and work out to be costing them roughly the same money (eg they pay £5 for Trendy wraps they put on themselves and they last 4/5 days maybe a week - Minx at £25 lasting for 5 weeks equals £5 per week for fabulous looking toes the entire time)

Hi Bevi,

Great idea, but I didn't know you could do that. Does it not have to be done by the companies themselves?

Yes, I am bothered by this. I even had my own Mother-In-Law who lives in Scotland (Quite far from me) tell me how she is buying a Shellac set off Ebay, as she liked how I did hers when she visited so much, but can't afford to have it done in a salon. I did proceed to tell her that you do need to know what your doing and have training but that has not seemed to put her off at all !!!!!:eek:

I'd also be happy to do this. I've done it before with sellers selling fake MAC makeup (theres enough of them!) but what would we say when reporting them if the products aren't fake? :)

To be honest I sell on ebay through my shop and it works out well. .(don't all scream at me at once until you read the rest) and like me a lot of people choose it as a cost effective way to run a new business without having heavy over heads. However I have to agree with the posts that say how scandalous it is that some companies or individuals use ebay (and or their website) to con, mislead or downright lie to the potential customer. Using say, buzz words like 'alternative to Minx without the Minx prices' just so if someone looks for Minx they are driven to their site or shop. That in my opinion is just downright lying and misleading. The same goes for people who sell cheap copies and try to pass them off as the real thing, in that instance it can never be argued that that is acceptable trading and those people should be reported.
Ebay itself does seem to have fairly strict guidelines for trading on their but I suppose like anything else some people slip through the radar and if they are not reported there is very little ebay can do to police it.

Hi Bevi,

In total agreement with this post!

Total agreement! So annoying seeing them on eBay. Hard for s2 to police though as I'm sure eBay get a %age of sales and so are therefore reluctant to help them! And they would have to employ someone full time just to keep on top of it.. Probably not very cost effective! Bloody eBay....

Total agreement! So annoying seeing them on eBay. Hard for s2 to police though as I'm sure eBay get a %age of sales and so are therefore reluctant to help them! And they would have to employ someone full time just to keep on top of it.. Probably not very cost effective! Bloody eBay....
I'm wondering whether there is a system with ebay where companies pay for an alert when one of their products (real or fake) get listed. I'm not sure but my experience of this is that once I put a designer handbag on there to sell and within a couple of days the company (hermes) emailed me to authenticate the bag otherwise I would be in trouble. Luckily I still had the registration number of it and was able to satisfy Hermes that it was real so I could continue with the sale but I did think that maybe they have an alert system in place (just as it seems Eve Taylor do as mentioned in previous post) I could be wrong and that handbag company do employ someone to scour such sites which is quite impossible for most companies to do. What really narks me is when they have listings with 'hidden' or subtle inappropriate titles or descriptions to mislead people.

I'm wondering whether there is a system with ebay where companies pay for an alert when one of their products (real or fake) get listed. I'm not sure but my experience of this is that once I put a designer handbag on there to sell and within a couple of days the company (hermes) emailed me to authenticate the bag otherwise I would be in trouble. Luckily I still had the registration number of it and was able to satisfy Hermes that it was real so I could continue with the sale but I did think that maybe they have an alert system in place (just as it seems Eve Taylor do as mentioned in previous post) I could be wrong and that handbag company do employ someone to scour such sites which is quite impossible for most companies to do. What really narks me is when they have listings with 'hidden' or subtle inappropriate titles or descriptions to mislead people.

There is the Ebay Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Programme so rights owners can report listings that infringe their rights. If a rights owner reports these listings to Ebay the listing will be removed immediately. Loads of big companies are part of this like Gucci, Prada, Hermes etc. Personally I frequently report fake Marc Jacobs bags and Jimmy Choo shoes - there are more fakes on there than real ones. Most times they get removed if you report them.

Stolen goods, fake goods and key word spamming items can be reported. Not sure what you can do about so called "professionals" selling trade only products.

There is the Ebay Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Programme so rights owners can report listings that infringe their rights. If a rights owner reports these listings to Ebay the listing will be removed immediately. Loads of big companies are part of this like Gucci, Prada, Hermes etc. Personally I frequently report fake Marc Jacobs bags and Jimmy Choo shoes - there are more fakes on there than real ones. Most times they get removed if you report them.

Stolen goods, fake goods and key word spamming items can be reported. Not sure what you can do about so called "professionals" selling trade only products.
Yes I thought there must be something that kind of controlled things. Thanks for that and yes the big problem is that the 'professionals' seem to be intent on making a fast few quid selling the products they obtain legitimately. I have used ebay in the past to buy Minx when I was in my salon and once found myself buying of there as I needed a particular colour for the next day and it was a hair salon in London that was selling on there. . They sell loads (or rather sold loads as I'm not sure if they are still on there) of branded stuff. . so wrong!

Latest posts

Back