How long is too long for a Shellac correction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb78

Reaction score
Hi all

I have done a search on this and can't quite find the answer, but apologies if it has been covered and I just can't find it!

As the above title says.... I have a lady saying her Shellac thumb nail has peeled off and can I replace it... she had them done on the 10th August... what do you think, is this just general wear and tear now?? I'm tempted to say that we only say "a maximum of two weeks" for Shellac and actually, she's had a week and a half out of it, so I'll need to charge her for a re-application now... or would you replace it for free??

Thank you x

I certainly wouldn't redo for free..if there was a problem with your application then it wouldn't take a week and a half to appear.
More likely she's picked and peeled herself.

Yeah i agree id say that was down to the client rather than your application! Id be happy to repair anything up to a week but longer than that i wouldnt do it for free x

i think its always at your own discretion of you repair for free or not.....but a week and a half no i wouldnt!! i think its a good idea to state on your price lists that say you would do a repair within a few days but after that NO!!

Shellac should last up to 14 days, but this is dependant on nail condition and aftercare including regular use of solar oil, wearing gloves for washing, gardening etc and then there is the general wear and tear...what does she do for a job, is she a picker, her general habits. so a week and a half could be good depending on how she treats her nails. After a week and a half she would surely need a complete set xx

I had a similar request... a client had her Shellac on for 18 days and one thumb had chipped, so she asked for it to be repaired.
I told her she would be needing a new set or a removal, even though she insisted on a repair. She left it in the end - lo and behold, the others started to chip too.

What else did she expect if she's gardening without gloves?! Lucky she didn't get the repair - I would have charged her though, probably 10% of the full set cost (plus anything for fuel if you're mobile).

xx

Thanks guys, I went back to her and said that as I politely informed her, the Shellac lasts UP TO 14 days depending on how you look after it and so I was happy to repair the thumb, but would have to charge her and it would probably be better having a new set - needless to say, she didn't respond!! She was a "one off" client, not a regular, so I'm not sure of her nail habits, but we'll see if she comes back! x

Latest posts

Back