How many clients ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragdoll >^..^<

Reaction score
I was just wondering as i flop onto the couch after a hard day's work, looking after 3 kids, tesco's, altering halloween costumes, cooking, running kids around, oh and 4 clients ! Am i mad ??? are we all mad??? is it just me??? Why oh why did i book in sooo many clients IN THE HALF TERM :eek: !!!
i was wondering how many clients other geeks do on an average day/week?

i know what you mean,i personally cant turn anyone away,(i ve given up a well paid job and im a single parent on a dream of doing a job i love) i work untill 9.30 -10.00pm thur/frid im even asked to work sundays to please some clients:cry:,i cant say no i need the income,tonight i closed at 6.00pm drove home,helped my daughter with costume,got to party at 6.45 late as norm and stressed as is the new norm in our lives :)my fone has rang all nite becouse my clients forgot i was closing early,and my daughter wonts to flush it down the loo,:lol: but i love this job and hopefully it will pay off fianacaily for us x before we go mad xx

i usually fit in 6-9 clients a day, i work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week at the moment, ive been full for the past few months and ive stopped taking new clients as of june this year, but im thinking about opening my book one more day a week pretty soon becuase i plan to open my own salon within the next year and i would love to snag some extra clients before i make the move:) this is on top of a second job... its exhausting, i cant wait until i have employees:green: lol

I find it hard to say no too!! I'm still in the first stages of my career. I have the knowledge it's just getting 'em in here, you know?

So when people call and they want to come late or on a day I normally don't work.. what can I do? Tell them no and miss out on a new client? I just can't bring myself to do that.

I'm a single mom too and I feel awful! She's still young and she's with her grandmother during work hours so she's okay right now. That's what I tell myself. :) Hopefully by the time she's old enough to remember, I'll be steady enough to set some boundaries with my clients.

i usually fit in 6-9 clients a day, i work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week at the moment, ive been full for the past few months and ive stopped taking new clients as of june this year, but im thinking about opening my book one more day a week pretty soon becuase i plan to open my own salon within the next year and i would love to snag some extra clients before i make the move:) this is on top of a second job... its exhausting, i cant wait until i have employees:green: lol

wow 6-9 a day ! not all re-balances or infills surely? what hours do you work?

typical day for me consists of taking the kids to school (making up lunch boxes, ironing uniforms, screaming at the kids to brush teeth, brush hair etc beforhand), come home and do 3 clients, squeezing in lunch before the kids come home at 3.30pm, make dinner, eat dinner, clear up, scream at kids again to do homework etc. get ready for another client usually at about 6pm, finally flop onto the sofa by 8pm and usually fall asleep on the sofa half way through whatever im watching on tv. Hubby fits in where he can ! :wink2:

On a good day, I do about 6 clients but I only do 3 days a week due to college. Today I only had 4 (2 rescheduled). I wouldn't really want to do more than 6 enhancement clients a day - I'd be a wreck!

My 2nd client of the day turned up with laryngitis and hardly any voice at all so I am waiting for a nice sore throat to kick in:irked:. Clients crack me up!

On a good day, I do about 6 clients but I only do 3 days a week due to college. Today I only had 4 (2 rescheduled). I wouldn't really want to do more than 6 enhancement clients a day - I'd be a wreck!

My 2nd client of the day turned up with laryngitis and hardly any voice at all so I am waiting for a nice sore throat to kick in:irked:. Clients crack me up!
wow i just checked out your nails they are amazing !!

Wow people. how do you get so many clients without sounding insulting because im really not ad say jealous :lol:.
i work full time and do nails of an evening and weekend mobile. in the 1st 2mths. july and august. i had like 4 a week wich felt alot to me with me working 9-5 of a daytime i was goin to peoples houses straight from work. do 1 or 2 a week maybe now and there my regulars. im glad ave got them. started renting a nail bar in a salon on saturdays. i only advertise on 1 website on the internet. dont get many new people at the mo same with the hair extensions. Im gettin more into the nails now tho.
I know alot of advertisement is word of mouth.
Im not just rubbish am i haha

I do hair and facials and waxing too, so my 6-9 clients a day aren't all enhancements, I specialize in nails so most of them are, but I also do usually one cut and color a day, a wax or two, not many facials- maybe one a week, the rest of my time is spent on nails, mostly acrylics but I also do mani & pedis. I work from 8 to 8 or 9 to 9
Posted via Mobile Device

I was just wondering as i flop onto the couch after a hard day's work, looking after 3 kids, tesco's, altering halloween costumes, cooking, running kids around, oh and 4 clients ! Am i mad ??? are we all mad??? is it just me??? Why oh why did i book in sooo many clients IN THE HALF TERM :eek: !!!
i was wondering how many clients other geeks do on an average day/week?

I think you really have to give this some thought.
Let your clients understand that an appointment may be difficult in school hols.
It can be so easy to just keep saying yes and thinking of the money etc. but at the end of the day as a parent there's only SO MUCH you can take on.
Believe me....start thinking you're Superwoman and before you know it you'll be burnt out.
xx

ooo i forgot to mention my girl Holly had a litter of kittens 14 weeks ago and i virtually hand reared them syringe feeding them formula milk day and night. I have 7 cats in my house at the mo ! :|
ITS A MAD HOUSE ! :lol:

my expertise lol is tanning,but i love nails really love nails (im sad i know)i love enhancements and real nails,i never get fed up(only frustrated cause i wont to be better) but i do all beauty and my selling point is i open late,and that alone attracts a lot of clients,plus i price match any salon and my salon is child friendly (this helps a lot as most clients have children and always complain abt snobby salons that dont incourage children i do i cant afford not to) i only hope that i will eventually reap the rewards while i do a job i love (and i take my daughter to work holidays etc) my hours are not convental but they are happy hours:) and im still amazed i took this risk :eek: x

my expertise lol is tanning,but i love nails really love nails (im sad i know)i love enhancements and real nails,i never get fed up(only frustrated cause i wont to be better) but i do all beauty and my selling point is i open late,and that alone attracts a lot of clients,plus i price match any salon and my salon is child friendly (this helps a lot as most clients have children and always complain abt snobby salons that dont incourage children i do i cant afford not to) i only hope that i will eventually reap the rewards while i do a job i love (and i take my daughter to work holidays etc) my hours are not convental but they are happy hours:) and im still amazed i took this risk :eek: x

Congragulations to all working mummies out there!! :hug:

I'm stuck in a dilemma.... i started my own company this year, though my "real job" does not have anything to do with nail enhancment or massage, but it's a thing that i always loved to learn and do it...so i did!! I leaved work at 18:00 and was until 22:00 in my shop (it's a little space, that i rent, in a gym). Right now, i'm at home, taking care of my 4 month baby, but in December i have to go back to my old job, and i don't know if i should quit. It's 10 years doing the same old thing, and i want something of mine, my own business, but in order to be sucessefull i must dedicate 100% of my time on it. I earn pretty well in my old job, and have many benefits, but i don't feel fullfilled...do you konw what i mean? (sorry for my english...i'm portuguese, i speak better than i write)
What should i do? (I'm also considering moving my company near the capital, since most of my clients are from Lisbon, and i'ved lost a few costumers, although they like the prices i make, but don't show up, because it's too far for them).

Congragulations to all working mummies out there!! :hug:

I'm stuck in a dilemma.... i started my own company this year, though my "real job" does not have anything to do with nail enhancment or massage, but it's a thing that i always loved to learn and do it...so i did!! I leaved work at 18:00 and was until 22:00 in my shop (it's a little space, that i rent, in a gym). Right now, i'm at home, taking care of my 4 month baby, but in December i have to go back to my old job, and i don't know if i should quit. It's 10 years doing the same old thing, and i want something of mine, my own business, but in order to be sucessefull i must dedicate 100% of my time on it. I earn pretty well in my old job, and have many benefits, but i don't feel fullfilled...do you konw what i mean? (sorry for my english...i'm portuguese, i speak better than i write)
What should i do? (I'm also considering moving my company near the capital, since most of my clients are from Lisbon, and i'ved lost a few costumers, although they like the prices i make, but don't show up, because it's too far for them).

Hi X Can you afford to give up your job and go for it? It is a big risk considering you have a baby, but if you have back up, savings or something you can fall back on, go for it! otherwise could you go part time with your other job and build your business up where you live now?
I work from home because i have two young children and it works brilliantly for me, i love the flexibility. I do around 20 clients a week and earn a very nice salary from it. I started just working in the evenings, whilst i had a full time 'real job' then went part time and did a couple of days too and eventually made the break and went full time and ive never looked back. It's taken me 8 years mind to get to this point ! Good luck in whatever you decide to do, let me know x

Hi there,
I know what you mean.. I have 3 young kids too.. I do the screaming thing in the mornings .. drop off at 3 different schools... day care (2yearold).. pre school ( 5yo) and primary school ( 8 yo).. then get to work... breath if i have time.. I see about 6 clients a day.. 7 on a saturday... I work 3 days a week and late Thursday nights..
I used to take clients out side of my normal workign times and bring all the stuff home and then take it back to work and to be honest with you it didn't work... i hated it.
Now i tell them to call the salon and make an apt . ( the hairdressers there take my bookings for me) If they really love your nails they will find a way.. Most of my clients have booked thru xmas and into the new year as they want their usual time slots and that is the only way they get them...
believe me the more you bend and go their way the more they will want..

When i worked from home I had clients calling me at 9pm on a friday night asking could they pop over to have a nail repaired as they were going to a party!!!! seriously...

sorry for raving on... but i have a strong feeling about this one.... ask your self would coles just open at anytime so that people could shop?.,. NO.. we all know what times they are open and we make time to go there during those hours.. you are a business .. not a convience shop.
X Mel

Hi X Can you afford to give up your job and go for it? It is a big risk considering you have a baby, but if you have back up, savings or something you can fall back on, go for it! otherwise could you go part time with your other job and build your business up where you live now?
I work from home because i have two young children and it works brilliantly for me, i love the flexibility. I do around 20 clients a week and earn a very nice salary from it. I started just working in the evenings, whilst i had a full time 'real job' then went part time and did a couple of days too and eventually made the break and went full time and ive never looked back. It's taken me 8 years mind to get to this point ! Good luck in whatever you decide to do, let me know x

Hi Kate!!! Thanks for your comment!! I have savings, and my husband hearns more money than me. His even got time to take care of our baby, so i can take the risk...for several months i worked part time in my salon, but i didn't had that many customers just because i wasn't there full time, and peopple asked fo me and for info, and i could not answer private phone calls in my regular job, so...that's why i have this dilemma. Take the risk and do something i love, not losing my regular customers, and gain new ones, or be safe, have "no worries" and go back to my "same old thing" , boring job....

Hi there,
I know what you mean.. I have 3 young kids too.. I do the screaming thing in the mornings .. drop off at 3 different schools... day care (2yearold).. pre school ( 5yo) and primary school ( 8 yo).. then get to work... breath if i have time.. I see about 6 clients a day.. 7 on a saturday... I work 3 days a week and late Thursday nights..
I used to take clients out side of my normal workign times and bring all the stuff home and then take it back to work and to be honest with you it didn't work... i hated it.
Now i tell them to call the salon and make an apt . ( the hairdressers there take my bookings for me) If they really love your nails they will find a way.. Most of my clients have booked thru xmas and into the new year as they want their usual time slots and that is the only way they get them...
believe me the more you bend and go their way the more they will want..

When i worked from home I had clients calling me at 9pm on a friday night asking could they pop over to have a nail repaired as they were going to a party!!!! seriously...

sorry for raving on... but i have a strong feeling about this one.... ask your self would coles just open at anytime so that people could shop?.,. NO.. we all know what times they are open and we make time to go there during those hours.. you are a business .. not a convience shop.
X Mel

It's not just me then ! thats a relief lol I know what you mean about clients calling at all hours, i am strict though (sometimes) my clients usually text me if they have a problem which is good because if its an inconvienient or unsocial time i leave it till 'opening hours' i will allways try to fit them in asap if its a breakage or something though, i hate thinking of any of my clients going around with a broken nail :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back