How many crystals for a crystal pedicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question, are you all doing a full pedicure (eg shaping,cuticle work,massage etc) or just applying the gems? I've not tried it yet but think it's a great service to offer

what are people using to put them on with!! I used gelish but I have lost some after a week! but do play football!! so used my glue I use to crystalize phone covers n bit works lovely but dnt think clients will love it!!! x

I used NSI Illusion gel.. I applied the base and cured for 10 seconds and then applied the crystals, then cure for the full, then i put the top coat on top.. The stayed shiney and have stayed put for over a week now.. only some at the free edge have come off but thats because some of them went over the edge of the nail slightly. Overall for my first attempt at them im really pleased. Stayed on much better then i had expected.

Is it important the backing of the crystal as this one site had the choice of no backing or platinum backing - am I right in thinking the backing Is better to reflect the shine more ??
Please help ;/

Is it important the backing of the crystal as this one site had the choice of no backing or platinum backing - am I right in thinking the backing Is better to reflect the shine more ??
Please help ;/

Yes having a foil bacing will mean it sparkles more.
I buy my swarovski crystals from here:
Flatback Rhinestones, Style 2028, SS5 (1.8mm)

I use ss5 in the colour crystal.
HTH

I prefer to use SS7 for crystal
Pedicures and on average I find I use 500 crystals.

I found a dance shop that sell 500 for £15 plus deliv on top.

I prefer to use SS7 for crystal
Pedicures and on average I find I use 500 crystals.

I found a dance shop that sell 500 for £15 plus deliv on top.

I bought ss7 and ss5 to see the difference but I think the ss7 look very big on small toes so if doing a full crystal pedicure you would need ss5 if your just doing a bigish big toe then ss7 are fine but anyone with small big toes would look better with ss5 too.

I'd use about 100 for just the 2 big toes and about 350 for full 10 toes as the 4 small toes dont take many crystals in comparison to the big toes.

You can get 1440 swarovski crystals from here at a ggod price:
Factory Pack Flatback Crystals, Non-Hotfix, Style 2028, SS5 (1.8mm)

Thank you baggy bear xx

Latest posts

Back