How many facial types?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
I have to seriously begin thinking about what treatments I am going to offer and start putting together a little brochure/treatment list. I have decided that I will be using Eve Taylor so as you may know they don't have any specific treatments, I will be able to chose my own. But oh where to start!!:lol:

So I was wondering what types of facial you offer. I have picked up several treatment lists from local salons to get ideas but one of them offers 10 different facials!! I don't think I want quite that many.:)

I also want to list some packages for holidays and mums to be.

Any ideas would be great. thanks.:hug:

Hi debs,

I offer 4/5 facials in my salon, using sothys products. One for acne/very congested skin, one for very dry skin, one anti wrinkle and lifting and one anti pollution great for people who smoke or need a really deep cleaning. I also offer an express facial where i custom products to their skin type to deep cleanse and moisturise, skin types i cover are oily, dry, normal, sensitive, and skin with broken capillaries.

Hope this helps hun

Kate x x

Try and be consitent,Debbie,
I would cover these types:
congested,oily.
Dry,dehydrated.
redness,broken capillaries.
Anti ageing(your top drawer facial!)
You could also customise as Kooky said,i dont know what Eve Taylor are like at this,are they strict,or do you have to follow it by the book??
Maybe clients could have a 15% discount on first treatments??
or maybe if they buy cartain retail they could get the facial at a redeemed price?This is what i do with first timers.hth:Kissing:

congested,oily.
Dry,dehydrated.
You could also customise as Kooky said,i dont know what Eve Taylor are like at this,are they strict,or do you have to follow it by the book??
or maybe if they buy cartain retail they could get the facial at a redeemed price?This is what i do with first timers.hth:Kissing:

So would you actually list these as seperate treaments? Even though you are essentially performing the same facial but with different protuct types (or am I missing something?:irked:).

Eve Taylor do not have set routines at all. You are free to use the products as you wish, design your own treatment programmes.

Yes thats right id list them like that,after all you are right you are using similar products,i.e cleansers and exfoliators but different serums and masks?
Do they come in a "set Box" per treatment like Academie or Sothys?for example
or are they just individual products?
Whatever they are you just use the set products for the treatment you are doing.
Am i confusing you more hun?
I hope not!:eek::hug:

Yes thats right id list them like that,after all you are right you are using similar products,i.e cleansers and exfoliators but different serums and masks?
Do they come in a "set Box" per treatment like Academie or Sothys?for example
or are they just individual products?
Whatever they are you just use the set products for the treatment you are doing.
Am i confusing you more hun?
I hope not!:eek::hug:

No thats great thanks. :hug:

Yes they have different serums and masks but everything is individual.
So if I metnioned all the different skin type facials how can I differentiate between a standard and luxury facial? What could I add to make it a more special treatment?

congested,oily.
Dry,dehydrated.

I saw you mentioned broken capillaries, my cheeks are red all time basicly and someone said to me it looks like brocken capillaries. what can I do and how is it caused?

No thats great thanks. :hug:

Yes they have different serums and masks but everything is individual.
So if I metnioned all the different skin type facials how can I differentiate between a standard and luxury facial? What could I add to make it a more special treatment?

Your anti ageing treatment i would price up more than the others.
Do you know the cost per treatments?
You could always include a "pampering" facial which could include a foot,hand,or head massage .Have some aromatherapy candles burning(yankee candles are the best,imo!)have a towel draped over the client which has been doused in some aromatherapy oils if not having candles.
Include wording such as luxurious,sensorial,blissfull.
Always state your facials are results driven aswell.
Clients need to see results as well as the pampering!hth hun:hug:

hiya, i've recently started up with eve taylor and i do 4 facials,
Express...(only as part of packages)- superficial cleanse, skin analysis,deep cleanse 1x bio mask, tone and moisturise)
Relaxing£25....superficial cleanse, skin analysis, deep cleanse, steam, 1x bio mask and 1x commercial mask, tone, moisturise+eye gel
Luxury£35...superficial cleanse, skin analysis, deep cleanse, steam, facial massage, 1xcommercial mask+ 1xbio mask, tone, moisturiser (with added facial oil) eye gel
Cryogenic£30....superficial cleanse, skin analysis, deep cleanse application of Q10 or facial oil, mask application, tone, moisturise

with each of these (excluding express) i offer a arm or leg massage whilst mask is setting, hth xxx

hiya, i've recently started up with eve taylor and i do 4 facials,
Express...(only as part of packages)- superficial cleanse, skin analysis,deep cleanse 1x bio mask, tone and moisturise)
Relaxing£25....superficial cleanse, skin analysis, deep cleanse, steam, 1x bio mask and 1x commercial mask, tone, moisturise+eye gel
Luxury£35...superficial cleanse, skin analysis, deep cleanse, steam, facial massage, 1xcommercial mask+ 1xbio mask, tone, moisturiser (with added facial oil) eye gel
Cryogenic£30....superficial cleanse, skin analysis, deep cleanse application of Q10 or facial oil, mask application, tone, moisturise

with each of these (excluding express) i offer a arm or leg massage whilst mask is setting, hth xxx

Thats excellent - thankyou. :hug:

Thanks everyone. :hug:

Does anyone else have any examples that you would likke to share? :)

Hi,
I only offer 2 types of facial.

1/2hr facial (superficial cleanse, skin assessment, deep cleanse, tone, hot towels & exfoliate, tone, moisturise with a hand or foot massage while hot towels are cooling.
1hr facial ( same as above but with face mask and 20 minute face, neck, upper chest massage)

I don't have different prices for different skin types as the products I use cost me about the same, whether they are for dry or oily skin etc.

I just find that if people have too much choice it gets confusing.

i would catergorise your facial descriptions to best sell them, for example

purifying facial- for those with oily and congested skin etc
soothing facial- for those with sensitive/broken capillaries/rosacea
essential/ quencing facial etc - for those with normal/dry/dehydrated skin
rejuvenating facial -the anti ageing one!

i would price the anti ageing sligthly higher, as teh masks are usually more expensive- but keep the others the same price, apart from your express/mini half hour facial.
i always perform a scalp massage during the mask (unless client objects) and a hand massage on the mini. my facials all start with a 10 min back massage- this helps relax a nervous client and is a nice touch- i dont see this as an extra- but part of the treatment.

make sure you give a brief intro to eve taylor ie natural ingrediants harnessed from nature etc, no preservatives (i don't use them so forgive me if wrong), and as gabrielle said, that they are results driven (uber important).

package wise for hols i wud go for
mani/pedi/express facial (no 1)
body exfoliation/tan/shape and polish hands and feet

or allow them to create their own with a discount at the end.

HTHs xx:)

i would price the anti ageing sligthly higher, as teh masks are usually more expensive- but keep the others the same price, apart from your express/mini half hour facial.
i always perform a scalp massage during the mask (unless client objects) and a hand massage on the mini. my facials all start with a 10 min back massage- this helps relax a nervous client and is a nice touch- i dont see this as an extra- but part of the treatment.

make sure you give a brief intro to eve taylor ie natural ingrediants harnessed from nature etc, no preservatives (i don't use them so forgive me if wrong), and as gabrielle said, that they are results driven (uber important).

Thankyou thats really useful :hug: I had already thought of doing a bridal and also a mother to be package but I had forgotton about doing a holiday one. I should think that holiday ones are very popular.

I've just put together a holiday package too, seems to be quite a popular time of year for them, it includes
express facial, mini mani, mini pedi, 1/2 leg wax(which includes toes and knees) and either an underarm or a bikini wax x i'm hoping this will be a popular one and am going to be promoting it a fair bit this month x

This is exactly how I list my facials and price,as you said anti ageing products are more expensive than standard.:green:

Latest posts

Back