How many geek mobile therapists are there on board?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am newbie mobile and have only had 4 clients so far, but that's OK they have all re-booked and have kindly taken some leaflets to hand out to their friends, also the hair salon where I get my hair done has taken some business cards to put on their reception desk, which I thought was very kind of them. :hug:

Hi fellow geeklings

I qualified with CND L&P back in May this year and am currently at college getting my VTCT for mani/pedi's. When this is all done I'm hoping to go mobile and was just wondering what basic nail colours you would recommend getting as the choice is absolutely huge.

would you recommend a camping table? or would it be better for my back to get a portable manicure table? i'm worried about the manicure table being too big and heavy x
Hi Lisa,I think a camping table is fine to start with,they are cheap and cheerful and look professional however my hubby brought me one yrs ago and it was much too wide which meant I had to stretch right across it to reach clients,gave me dreadful backache,so it's crucial you check the dimensions.

I have a desk I brought from sally's it's legs fold flat and it has a drawer too.It's not too heavy much lighter than my couch.

I think at the end of the day if you're going to buy a desk anyway it is more cost effective not to buy the camping table as it's money wasted really.HTH:hug:

thanks for your advice, i'll have a look at sallys x

Hi, just about to go mobile..well in the new year x.

Not alot of mobile therapist on here, as I suspected. You know where thought got me!!!

I had a salon but sold up when I had my little girl and now I am planning to go mobile. Im apprehensive about it and at the same time eager to start again. I'm just planning my prices, business cards etc at the moment.

My what a beautiful little girl?:)

I Am Also Mobile. I Do Nails, Waxing, Spraytanning And Other Beauty Work. I Sometimes Think It Would Be Easier In A Salon, But I Love The Brealks I Get In The Car Traveling To My Next Client.

I am just starting doing mobile nails and makeup, i was renting a space in a hair salon but the owner didnt like the smell of acrylic so i had to leave. i have my first mobile client on saturday and im worried about setting up my table in her house, i s'pose ill get faster as i get used to being mobile tho. hope it goes ok

You will be fine, just makes sure you are very organised with products and equipment, and you will be okay.

Good luck, and hope your new venture work out better than the salon.

Pos. note less overheads.:hug:

well i did my first mobile client today, was nervous but it went well she was pleased and told me horror story bout a salon she went to where they cut her cuticles pushing them back!!! i have 2 more clients tomorrow so its a good start:)

congratulations hun x

I'm mobile. Well as mobile as you can get when you don't drive! ha.
Hubby drives me about and i only have a few reugulars but that is cos i haven't put any publisity out at all.
Am waiting until i pass my driving test, which i hope will be before i'm 28!!! then i'm going to advertise the hell out of myself :green:
Got my nephew making my website and he is going to do all my posters and flyers.
I am only going to offer nail enhancements, facials and body massage as these are the treatments i love.

Helloooooo :green:

Sorry, I havent read this thread through, but it just struck a chord with me......

I am recently qualified and I am a mobile nail tech. Now, when I say mobile, I did ONE client on a mobile basis and swore never again!!!! I have had a few clients at home, which is fine, you can set up your stall before they arrive, and pack up when they leave. The first (and last!) mobile client I did was for a full set, and with travelling, setting up, doing the nails, clearing away, packing my car back up and getting home, it took me over 3 hours and I was shattered. Never will I do mobile again except under exceptional circumstances eg if a client is disabled.
Having said that though, I was in the OSNS today, and got chatting with the lady next to me in the queue. She said she has been mobile for 14 years and loves it. I asked her how she copes and she said that he hardly notices the inconvenience of the lugging stuff about now as she's been doing it for so long. everyones different, its down to what suits you really I suppose!

I am fully mobile, well part time day job and part time mobile.

I soon will be part time Salon and Part time mobile (i can charge more in the salon than i do mobile, as its in a better area)

x

Latest posts

Back