How many lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heather,

I hadn't really thought of detailing the price structure. Do you think I should?

I always encourage clients to come in for a patch test/consultation and that's when I chat over the different options & prices etc and start some subtle education!...

Re the express lashes: I trained with Glam Lash but, to be honest, don't get much call for them.

Last edited:
Heather,

I hadn't really thought of detailing the price structure. Do you think I should?

I always encourage clients to come in for a patch test/consultation and that's when I chat over the different options & prices etc and start some subtle education!...

Re the express lashes: I trained with Glam Lash but, to be honest, don't get much call for them.

Thanks for that, no I think you are doing the right thing, get them in and explain the difference then let them make up their own minds. I advertise my lashes at £60 full set but am thinking of following in your footsteps if you don't mind. I have some clients for eyelashes but not as many as I'd like.

Think I'll put express lashes on the back burner for now

H xx

am thinking of following in your footsteps if you don't mind. IH xx

Of course I don't mind. that what this forum is for - sharing ideas!

I'm just glad you understand why I do it this way. (I hope the others lashers do too).

I just want to be able to get new clients through the door because I know once I've had a chance to speak to them, they will understand why they are so much better paying me £65 than paying £20 to have 30 lashes applied whilst lying in the back of a tan shop behind a shower curtain!

I did my training on Monday and got on well on the day, I have done three sets since then as I want to keep practicing (I’m afraid if I dont use it I will lose it so to speak :))

I have completed two natural sets of J curl (0.15) ranging from 8mm – 13 mm, but yesterday I did a c curl (0.25) 13, 14, 15 mm which turned out really good.

It is taking a long time to get used to separating the lashes though, does anyone have any advice on separating especially if they have short lashes as as soon as I separate 5 pop back.

Prior to my training I was promoting my business on facebook and have a very good following most of my clients will be young trendy girls/ pro mo girls/ dancer etc so they are asking me for the biggest bushiest who do I create that sort of look if they have short and sparse lashes?

Can you double up the lashes????

They all want real glamour looks :irked:

Xxxx

Flutters

It is taking a long time to get used to separating the lashes though, does anyone have any advice on separating especially if they have short lashes as as soon as I separate 5 pop back.

Prior to my training I was promoting my business on facebook and have a very good following most of my clients will be young trendy girls/ pro mo girls/ dancer etc so they are asking me for the biggest bushiest who do I create that sort of look if they have short and sparse lashes?

Can you double up the lashes????

They all want real glamour looks :irked:

Xxxx

Flutters

Full Set - anything less than 50lpe is NOT a full set and should be advertised as such, eg - half-set, demi-set, taster set, etc. I would be really peeved if I booked a full set and only got 30lpe!

Seperating the lashes - it will help you enormously if you use a good fast drying bonding adhesive/glue. I use the LASH #1 bonding adhesive and have no problems with my sets. You can get this from LASH by Francesca

Double up - there are some amazing advanced techniques that will help you achieve the glam looks, but I would recommend that you get your technique perfect before you try this. I advise my students to wait at least 6 months before enrolling on the advanced course.

Congrats on your efforts so far - it's really rewarding when clients are so happy with their lashes.

Lash Love
Francesca

Last edited by a moderator:

Flutters

Congratulations on completing your training.

You may find you'll get more advice on this if you post it as a separate thread.

Personally, I don't think changing your glue will help with isolation. If I have read your post correctly, you are asking on tips to isolate a single lash before adding the extension? This is really down to practice. The only suggestion I would give is to use both sets of tweezers. We were taught to dip the extension in glue first, then just use one set of tweezers to isolate.

However, I now use both sets of tweezers to "sort" through the lashes, separating them in opposite directions. One will hopefully "pop" out. You isolate this lash with one set of tweezers and THEN pick up a lash extension with the other set. (Goodness, does that make sense)?

Sometimes you go to add the extension and your isolated lash has manged to make a getaway and is being hidden by all it's other lash mates. Grrrrrr, I hate when that happens!:mad:

I love how you explain things Elliebee, makes perfect sense. Great tips again. That pesky lash always manages make a getaway. I did a set on my friend on Friday evening and I was having so much trouble isolating. I forgot how short her lashes were. Think I only managed around 20-25 per eye. I will get there :hug:

When isolating, make sure your tweezers are as near to the lash line as possible when separating. You are less likely to get rogue lashes creeping in then. If you have a particularly stubborn lash that wont move out of the way then you could always try the 'flag'. Just wrap a bit of transpore tape round the end of a microbrush. Then cut a half moon shape out of the tape. You can then use this to pop under the lash to isolate it. Really hard to explain. I have pics in my album so i will get the link and post in a minute!

Thank you once again Angelina for your isolating tips. I mind now you saying this before on another thread. My friend is coming back out on Sunday so if I'm struggling, I will try that. Big hugs!! :hug:

I had a client tonight that had lashes at the very outer corners of her eyes that went in all sorts of directions. Almost due to her eyes closing on them and curling the upwards. To stop this is it best for them to perm lashes first?

I found using the micro tape with the gel pads really helped. What I also did to stop the pad shifting is to pull down the cheek slightly and stretch across the cheek and secure with the tape (if that makes sense) it kept the lashes down does anyone suggest any other tips as some people don't get on well with the pads they can feel rather heavy and scratchy.

Flutters xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek love flutters xxx

Latest posts

Back