How many tans have you done in one day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve@nouvatan

Reaction score
Last night was the thursday before the busiest party weekend of the year. one of the mobile girls we know did 13 tans last night at 9 different locations !!
Another girl who is salon based did over 30 tans yesterday !!
what about you ?

I did 8 in a couple of hrs at salon once. Was easy wedding group one after the other 10 mins in being sprayed one got ready as next came in. I'd love to do 30 a day I love spray tanning.

That's some arm ache!

I did 14 tans yesterday at 8 different locations in 3 hours. this week I've done 26 tans already (including yesterday) had another 4 booked in tonight but they cancelled as they found someone cheaper!
My hands are bright orange from overspray as I always forget to do something with them lol
Xxxx

I have one tan on monday *tumble weed*

Lol well done guys! Xxx

18 so far this week.. that's a lot of tanning in one day!

Gave three away yesterday and had three missed calls :( Mums had an op so was visiting her, family has to come first. Most I had a day in a salon was 19, mobile in one night 15 (two were groups). Feel like I've been driving round my town all of December, I could Defo do the knowledge now and become a cab driver :)

I seriously am doing something wrong. How are you all getting these bookings?? I have 1 booked in this week. I am only a few months old (the business, not me obvs). Any marketing advice gratefully received.

Also - what solution do you use?? xx

I was slow to build up business in the first few months, now after just over a year, I'm getting lots of new enquiries and of course past clients and recommendations, for me, I use Nouvatan and sienna x (but looking to phase that out as I'm not keen on the fade off) and I have a great website with great SEO. Hth

Aww pinkknailss it takes time. My first year was pretty rubbish. I gave a few strategic free tans to 'IT' girls if that's makes sense and its all been word of mouth. I don't advertise at all not even facebook although I'm definitely missing a trick there.

The most I have done is 25 but I'm home based and that was 30th December last year ... This year gonna be more I already have 15 booked in and I expect to do same 23rd. I use Nouvatan xxx

I was slow to build up business in the first few months, now after just over a year, I'm getting lots of new enquiries and of course past clients and recommendations, for me, I use Nouvatan and sienna x (but looking to phase that out as I'm not keen on the fade off) and I have a great website with great SEO. Hth

Thanks Debs0001,

I was in the process of getting a web as I only have a weebly site and have been let down a bit as I originally aimed to get it up and running straight away. Think that is where I am going wrong as my main competitor is on page 1 of google and is rushed off her feet! Got a few meetings this week to sort it out. I am using Fresh Indulgence but a) I am allergic to the Caribbian Indulgence and b) no one has really heard of it. I do love it though. Colour is brill and I have had no complaints.

Going to grab samples and experiment over the next few months.

Thanks for the post - put my mind at ease a little xx

The most I have done is 11 in one evening from 6.30pm. However it's pretty dead at the moment :(

I honestly don't think I could spray that many people in 1 night. It takes me so long to find the address (if its new clients) then to set up, clients deciding on what shade they want, getting undressed blah blah blah then packing away. And now it seems that everyone who wants a treatment lives in a flat, right at the very top lol. Was at a clients last night, sprayed 3 people, was there for an hour. How do you fit all that in if your mobile? Plz someone tell me what I'm doing wrong!!:( xx

I honestly don't think I could spray that many people in 1 night. It takes me so long to find the address (if its new clients) then to set up, clients deciding on what shade they want, getting undressed blah blah blah then packing away. And now it seems that everyone who wants a treatment lives in a flat, right at the very top lol. Was at a clients last night, sprayed 3 people, was there for an hour. How do you fit all that in if your mobile? Plz someone tell me what I'm doing wrong!!:( xx

Sometimes I can be in and out in half an hour, sometime 45 mins. If I was spraying 3 people I could be there for up to an hour so I wouldn't worry too much! If they are particularly chatty just try and talk whilst your setting up. Or if they are new customers get them to complete the consultation form whilst your setting up as that should keep them quiet for a few minutes! Start clearing away as soon as they step out the tent and you should be able to keep the time to a minimum :) x

Sometimes I can be in and out in half an hour, sometime 45 mins. If I was spraying 3 people I could be there for up to an hour so I wouldn't worry too much! If they are particularly chatty just try and talk whilst your setting up. Or if they are new customers get them to complete the consultation form whilst your setting up as that should keep them quiet for a few minutes! Start clearing away as soon as they step out the tent and you should be able to keep the time to a minimum :) x

Thank you. I think I get myself into a panic at times. I'm trying to be quick setting up etc. especially if I have clients afterwards. What's that saying...more hurry less speed lol xx

such an interesting thread..
Im sat chilling right now getting ready for my week ahead, so far 33 tans booked in, and expecting further calls from regulars who leave booking til the last minute.Luckily for me, 9 of those booked are all under one roof tomorrow evening. Love my job though, and have met some fantastic, interesting ladies over the last 3 years.

The amount of tans u r all doing is brilliant! can u let me know what u roughlty charge, i know it will all be different, but i find i only get them if i charge £15 and i am not that busy with that price to be a bit busier i have to charge £10! which i won't often do, I have a lovely salon that everyone admires, everybody always says they wont go anywhere else because my tans are the best! so y am i not busier???:confused:

This time last year I was doing about 13 every Thursday. This year I'm lucky to do 2 a week I really don't know what's happened!! I thought it would be logical to be much busier this year as I got lots of new clients over the summer.

I think the market for spray tanning is saturated with people doing it for too cheap. Everyone is jumping on the spray tan band wagon. Ive seen people on face book offering spray tans for ridiculous prices and its there other job. How nice for you, when its my full time job and your stupid prices are taking away my custom.

Even the spray tan companies are willing to train everyone and anyone as its money for them.

Shame really.

It all boils down to tan pricing.

I charge £18 as mobile and use Nouvatan but usually get more custom at £15. Put it down to £10 and people are all over you but I feel as mobile it should be more than that.

The salon that the op mentioned im sure she does £10 tans so she is bound to have lots of interest.

mmmmmmmmmm do i charge the £10? Hard to really when mobile but hey ho i shall give it some thought. Some money is better than no money!

Last edited:
Roxie I know, myself and a girl who works as my 'buddy' for parties etc have both had to drop our prices as around here salons are charging £15 for a tan. My husband thinks I should keep mine at £10, but I'm in the same predicament as you! Each person ive tanned has said its turned out better than either of the salons in my town, so I don't feel £10 is enough. It's difficult xx

Latest posts

Back