How many weeks do your clients go between infills?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkyx27

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,
Most of my clients are waiting 4 weeks before there infills, nails are fine where I do the infills but seems to be taking me longer due to the length! Does everyone charge the same infill price for clients that go 2 weeks or 4?
Thank you :)

I always suggest my clients rebook for either 2 or 2 and a half weeks later for infill depending on how fast their nails grow. Some do prefer to come in when a thrid of their nail needs infill instead of a quarter though. Either way, I charge half the price of a fullset for infills so it doesn't matter to me how much growth there is. :)

I have always had a 2 week price, three week price & 4 week price almost 5.00 more for each week. I keep meticulous record cards so it was very easy and the clients were well aware. one day over the week limit incurred the entire extra charge.

The longer the time between maintenance appointments the more time it takes, the more things there are to check to make sure the nails stay healthy. time is money.

chickafish ... half price for maintenance is just plain silly when it takes you nearly the same amount of time as a full set!! You should look carefully at that again hunni.

I'm with Geeg, i have a 2 week, 3 week and 4 week price.
Most of my clients go between 2/3 week appointments if it's anything after the 2 week date i charge for the 3 week.

I find too many people don't charge enough for the infill/ rebalance prices i find there is just as much work if not somethimes more for the clients that don't care for there enhancments inbetween appointments.

chickafish ... half price for maintenance is just plain silly when it takes you nearly the same amount of time as a full set!! You should look carefully at that again hunni.

It doesn't though! :lol: I can do a fullset in 40 minutes to an hour. An infill takes me 20-25 minutes. They call when regrowth is a quarter to a third way up so it does vary between 2-3 weeks. If they call me around 4 weeks later, they just want a soak off. I do get a fair amount of elderly clients with very slow hair and nail growth so it's only fair for me to go by length cuz in 2 weeks time, they barely have anything to infill.

I have 2 week and 3 week prices. Longer than that and it's the same price as a new set.
Vicki xx

i have the same as geeg and the other ladies but all of my clients opt for 4 week apps the nails are always fine and easy to do unless they have gel then i always infill after 2 weeks :)

It doesn't though! :lol: I can do a fullset in 40 minutes to an hour. An infill takes me 20-25 minutes. They call when regrowth is a quarter to a third way up so it does vary between 2-3 weeks. If they call me around 4 weeks later, they just want a soak off. I do get a fair amount of elderly clients with very slow hair and nail growth so it's only fair for me to go by length cuz in 2 weeks time, they barely have anything to infill.
I am obviously not in your league!! :)

I am obviously not in your league!! :)

It's the other way around actually. xx
I should probably learn to slow down and get to know them more. I know I don't talk enough and I'm just another stranger to them. :o

Bloody hel!! Where am i going wrong it takes me about 1.30 for full set and 1.15 for in-fills.

As for time inbetween app i try to get all my clients to get in the habit of every 2-3 weeks, if they wait until the 4 weeks i charge them same as full set xx

Sent from my X10i

Most clients go about 2.5 weeks, a few 3, and a couple of oldies who have very slow nail growth actually go 4 weeks. But there's no more to do because they go 4 weeks as they are very easy on their nails, just a tiny bit more product to fill the gap.

I think the 2/3/4 week price thing is great though, but the kind of thing you have to do at the start. It would be difficult to implement now, for me, I think.

Most clients go about 2.5 weeks, a few 3, and a couple of oldies who have very slow nail growth actually go 4 weeks. But there's no more to do because they go 4 weeks as they are very easy on their nails, just a tiny bit more product to fill the gap.

I think the 2/3/4 week price thing is great though, but the kind of thing you have to do at the start. It would be difficult to implement now, for me, I think.

I don't think so. You just do it.

Mine go three weeks and I charge an extra £5.00 if they go four.

Takes me 45 min to do a full set or a backfill.
30 min to do just infill.

Mine go three weeks and I charge an extra £5.00 if they go four.

Takes me 45 min to do a full set or a backfill.
30 min to do just infill.

Holy moly!! I just started l & p nails in sep and couldnt even imagine getting anywhere near those times, my prep and filing alone takes 30-40 mins on an infill, I,ll just need to keep practising and will hopefully speed up.😄

I started off with just one price but found the longer time between app the more work for me so introduced a 2, 3 and 4wk price I gave my clients plenty of notice about my price restructure and had no issue as all so do do it hun our time is money x

Sent from my U20i using SalonGeek

Holy moly!! I just started l & p nails in sep and couldnt even imagine getting anywhere near those times, my prep and filing alone takes 30-40 mins on an infill, I,ll just need to keep practising and will hopefully speed up.😄

I've been doing sculptured acrylics for 14 yrs. once you get a few more months exp under your belt you will speed up in no time. :)

I started off with just one price but found the longer time between app the more work for me so introduced a 2, 3 and 4wk price I gave my clients plenty of notice about my price restructure and had no issue as all so do do it hun our time is money x

Sent from my U20i using SalonGeek

I used to do 2/3/4 wk prices but foun d it confused people as simple as it is so nolw I charge for infills but insist anything over 3 wks is unacceptable time and money wise for the client so at 4 wks it is likely a full set wil be required and is more time and cost effective for both parties x

Chickafish 1/2 price for infils! Wow its the infills you can make money from its repeat business so for eg if you charge £40 for a full set of w&ps I would charge £28 for back fill and £25 infills x

I've been doing sculptured acrylics for 14 yrs. once you get a few more months exp under your belt you will speed up in no time. :)

Ah thanks dinky, must admit I've had a great nail day today, everything seems to be "clicking" in place I've just had my first set with very little lifting after 3 wks on.. Luv good nail
Days.xx

I usually have clients come back on a 2 week... but have only had a couple whose nails are not fast growing go over to 3 maybe 3 1/2.. i have a 2-3 or 3 - 4 week prices..

i usually phone after a week or week 1/2 to see how things are flowing so any problems are usually discussed then...

i have only really just started back in Decemeber and one of my clients has grown out her tips and is now onto her natural nail overlay :O).. am so happy with her..

Sarah x

Chickafish 1/2 price for infils! Wow its the infills you can make money from its repeat business so for eg if you charge £40 for a full set of w&ps I would charge £28 for back fill and £25 infills x

It works for me though :) It's a price I'm comfortable with charging, and my clients are comfortable with paying without getting angry with me and chasing me out their house :lol:

Latest posts

Back