How much do you charge your mum or sister if anything?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christy.

Reaction score
I feel really bad asking this question...

I don't charge them, but I do feel like they sometimes use my skills and expect them to come first and as they like to change their nails all the time it's a lot of product and time etc.

Should I ask them to just cover product costs? Or shall I just carry on and take it as practice?

Please help!xxx

I dont charge mum or my kids. But they dont take the pee, i tell them when i can fit them in.
Ma comes once every three weeks but i often change her appt at the last minute if i have to for a paying client.
Daughters are only occasional sets.
I think of it as a way to pay back all the babysitting.

I dont charge my mum or my sister anything, but saying that, they never expect too much from me - my mum likes waxing which I do every 6 weeks and they both have Gelish every 4 weeks, they fit in around me and if I have an unexpected client then the client comes first. My mum has done so much for me over the years I would never charge her a penny and my sister always treats me to things to say thanks, I think it depends on the relationship you have with them and what they do for you and how much they expect x

I dont charge mum or daughter, sister gets it cheaper saying that she has a fish shop and i get food there cheaper lol daughters friends some get cheaper some get free but all that will stop when they leave school this time lol.

I don't charge them, but I do feel like they sometimes use my skills and expect them to come first and as they like to change their nails all the time it's a lot of product and time etc.

Should I ask them to just cover product costs? Or shall I just carry on and take it as practice?

Please help!xxx

My Mum and my sister don't pay anything but they absolutely would never ever take advantage.

My sister has Shellac and her eyebrows tinted and waxed and we do them every 2-3 weeks.

They also come into salon outside of hours or when it suits me. Definately wouldn't take a paying client slot.

I would suggest that treatments are free if as above but if they want to keep changing things then they will have to pay £5-10.

If they had to pay something it would maybe make them think twice about changing so often. That's just not fair.

Jacqui xx

Hi I dont charge my mum or sister but they dont expect to come before clients, it's if I have time, depends what your family are having done lots of treatments is a bit unfair on you x

Seen as my mum cooks me dinner when I go :) I shouldn't charge her. My sister on the other hand...!

Seen as my mum cooks me dinner when I go :) I shouldn't charge her. My sister on the other hand...!

Lol depends if you like her ;)

Thank you for all your replies :)

It's eyelashes, tan, pedicures and nails every week! :/ xx

I guess it should depend on what she cooks me! :D xx

I wouldn't have time to do that lot for free every week.

Um, I think every week is a little much to expect of you x

Oooh no that's taking liberties!

i don't charge my daughters or daughter in law but their friends i charge £5.00 to cover my costs - infact its only them i dont charge, as i am training and only while i am training i charge everyone £5.00 for what they have done, once i qualify i will of course up my prices for all except my kids and DIL

If they expect this every week they should offer something to cover costs unless they are doing your cooking, washing and ironing etc in return.
I'm lucky, my in-laws insist on paying almost full price (my mum & sisters don't live close) x

I don't mind doing it for my mum, she's been really good to me recently. My sister just seems to take it too far. I'll talk to her :)

Thank you for all your advice :) xx

Thats a lot of treatments do to for both every week. I do my mums and sisters nails every now and then-if they wanted that much doing they would pay me something-they would feel bad otherwise. Obviously you dont need to charge full price but something-even if its dinner etc
x

Please help!xxx

Every week is too much! Every other week shld be enough for all the services u mentioned

My sis is a fellow therapist so we do swaps. My mum gets her facial waxing for free and everything else half price.

Nat x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

My mums lucky if she gets anything done. By the time I get home it's the last thing I wanna do, but I don't charge her.

When I used to work for someone mum just used to buy the colour for her hair as I never had the money to buy it. Lol

Back