How much do you get paid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you serious....£900 a week?

They earn more than my Lawyer friend!!!

You have got to be the best paid Salon I have ever come across in my life!!!!!!!!!

Ah yes. The power of retail!
I have a limited company so I pay myself the maximum each week under the income tax threshold (£148). The rest is paid in dividends.
Before I went limited I would easily earn over a grand a week and most of that was in product sales.

£244 a week, £7 an hour

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I work 43 hours a week in the salon, I'm the only therapist apart from my boss who works two days a week. In my opinion I have a huge responsibility basically running the salon and keeping it running and I have a huge client base too. I am on £7 per hour, I have asked for an increase after doing research online about what my pay should be. Hopefully will be a nice little increase :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I think you have a huge responsibility as your practically the manager while your boss is off. I think you should be paid more but I have been in your position, working my butt off for just over the minimum wage while the boss takes all the money! I know she is the boss and it's her business but she relies on you a lot and that should represent your pay package. I ended up leaving my job after 3 years of being under paid, I was the only therapist and was managing the place when she went on holidays or coffee with her friends and was getting minimum wage, all the clients liked me and I was confident to be left on my own and trusted it's just a shame my boss didn't look after me! We work for money at the end of the day and she will loose you if she doesn't sort you out.

I'm a home salon and can make anything from £500 to £900 profit a week before tax - my goal this year is to start paying myself a monthly wage though! x

god I can't wait till I can take home a decent wage haha I've only been open 8 weeks though so I can't moan!

Ah yes. The power of retail!
I have a limited company so I pay myself the maximum each week under the income tax threshold (£148). The rest is paid in dividends.
Before I went limited I would easily earn over a grand a week and most of that was in product sales.

Lynne this is what the staff earn a week,not the Salon Director

I think you have a huge responsibility as your practically the manager while your boss is off. I think you should be paid more but I have been in your position, working my butt off for just over the minimum wage while the boss takes all the money! I know she is the boss and it's her business but she relies on you a lot and that should represent your pay package. I ended up leaving my job after 3 years of being under paid, I was the only therapist and was managing the place when she went on holidays or coffee with her friends and was getting minimum wage, all the clients liked me and I was confident to be left on my own and trusted it's just a shame my boss didn't look after me! We work for money at the end of the day and she will loose you if she doesn't sort you out.

Thank you for your reply. Just what I needed to hear to be honest! I'm definitely going to push for more, it's hard as if it wasn't for getting a mortgage at the end of the year I'll have probably set up on my own but that's not possible at the minute.
I do love my job and my clients but it is hard being under appreciated really...I've been here four years!
Thanks again hun :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

EmJ are you a mobile nail tech?

How long you been going?

Mobile beauty therapist. Been going nearly 3 years mobile but 7 years experience in total

Latest posts

Back