How much makeup do you wear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I REALLY do look ill.

Trust me
Last summer, I went on a quick errand without makeup on.
I thought I didn't look so bad since I had a tan (for me, a bit of color makes a huge difference being so pale lol)

Anyway, I was standing in line.. and this mature lady in front of me said
"are you ok? you look awfully pale and flushed"

:irked:

So, even perfect strangers think I look sick.

But I REALLY do look ill.

Trust me
Last summer, I went on a quick errand without makeup on.
I thought I didn't look so bad since I had a tan (for me, a bit of color makes a huge difference being so pale lol)

Anyway, I was standing in line.. and this mature lady in front of me said
"are you ok? you look awfully pale and flushed"

:irked:

So, even perfect strangers think I look sick.
I can definitely identify with this too.....I look ill to anyone who sees me without make-up on....even in the summer when I get a tan, I still have to wear the eyebrow pencil, mascara and blusher or I just look a darker colour of washed out....not a nice look:eek:

I used to wear the full monty all the time.
These days it goes like this.....

Daytime
(only if i can be bothered/have the time:lol: )

Touche Eclat concealer
Bronzing powder
Blusher (a bit on my eyelids too so they don't look pale)
Eyeliner pencil
Mascara
Lipgloss

Evening

Touche Eclat concealer
Bronzing powder
Blusher
3 colour eyeshadows
eyeliner
XXXXXXXLLLLL Mascara
Lip liner
Lipstick
Lip gloss

When i do wear makeup i don't look so ill! I can get away with out any though and I'm 44. I thank my Mum for good, clear wrinkle free skin:hug: .

I pretty much wear the same make up for day and night

concealer - for spots and under eyes
loose powder - to add matt effect
bronzer - on cheek bones so i dont look like a ghoust
Mascara
Lip gloss

Im very pale and always look ill but i only wear mascara even if i go out, its not because i dont like make-up its because being so pale i find it hard to put on with out looking dreadful, i once went into a well known chemist for a professional make over and looked frightful when the girl had finished, my foster daughter was with me and insisted i had a photo took in a booth, i gave in had the photo done then went back to the chemist and asked the girl to remove it before i got arrested for scaring small children lol

On an average weekday when I'm at home with the baby and my only trip out is to do the school run then I don't usually bother with makeup. If I'm seeing anyone I know or going out and about with my hubby on the weekend then I wear the lot (foundation, powder, bronzer, mascara, eyeliner, shadow). If I'm going out for the evening I'll wear shimmery colours or do a more smoky eyed look and lipstick/gloss (on top of the rest, lol)

hi geeks

during the day i wear NON, nothing, if i am looking a bit peaky, then i may put on a pinky or bronzy lip color, or may be brush my face over with bronzer.............thats it

if i am going out "out" its neautral browns and grey eye shadows mascara, bronzer and lip liner etc, no foundation yuk yuk yuk............may be in the winter tinted moisturiser.

if i am poping out to see peeps, abit more than lippy............
i always make sure my hair is imaculate whatever, and if i cant i wear a hat!!!!!

Latest posts

Back