How much makeup do you wear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckyjane

Reaction score
just thought it would be interesting to find out how much makeup geeks wear?

During the daytime?

On an evening out?

I usually wear the basics during the day (concealer,bronzer,mascara and lip gloss) However, i've worn none at all all day today - and realised its not as horrifying as i used to imagine.

I used to wear more make up all the time when i was single:o think it was a confidence thing LOL.

Do you wear more or less make up than you used to, do you wear none at all? Love it when ive got a tan and then you dont really need it!

Tell all!....

I wear tonnes.
In the beginning, it was a lack of self confidence thing and didnt like myself much. Also, i was in cosmetology and just loved the stuff LOL

Now I have rosacea and there's NO WAY ON THIS PLANET IN THIS LIFETIME that I will ever leave my front door without my face. I wont even have my best friend over since forever without my face on.

I wear, in this order LOL
concealer
foundation (med coverage, or full if I can get it)
loose powder
pale bronzing powder
eyeliner
2-3 colors of shadow (colors and intensity vary on mood, outing or season)
mascara
eyebrow pencil (pale blonde brows need help LOL)
blush
lipstick and sometimes lipliner if I'm going somewhere in the evening and want them to pop

Yup, it's my "war paint", the "WORKS", and I won't be caught dead without it
(man, I hope they do my makeup right when the time comes lol)

During the day I wear concealer on any blemishes and under my eyes to cover up dark circles, translucent powder so my skin stays matte looking,eyeshadow (very light pale ivory colour, barely there)mascara, tad of bronzer and lipgloss. lol - sounds alot now Ive written it all out!! but only takes me 10 mins to pop it on in the morning.

In the eve I take more time over it, add more eyeshadow with other colours in the socket and highlight my brow bones, eyeliner (maybe a funky colour if i'm feeling daring) more bronzer, more mascara, sometimes I go for smokey eyes, bit more lipgloss though never wear lipstick as my lips are too big and I look like a clown!:lol:

Now that I am single again (sniff) I have made 10 times more of an effort. But I think thats just the way it is really, when you get comfortable with someone you tend to let go a bit. I know I did, and look where it got me?! lol x

i slap it on, i never used to wear much makeup in my 20's but now its the full lot everyday apart from sunday if i am not going anywhere...and thats when i have been caught out...sunday afternoon no makeup 2 dishy firemman came round to geive out free smoke alarms.....greattt.
i look ill without my makeup on....urghhhhhhh

I wear make-up every day.If I go out that is.Yesterday I walked the dogs and put a baseball cap on as I didn't have any make-up on and didn't want to bump into any of my clients.:)

Usually though,it's the works.I am naturally dark skinned so I dont use too much foundation as a rule.

In the summer though I use no foundation just bronzer,bit of mascara,eyeliner,and lipgloss.

I dont wear any make-up. To be honest I cant be bothered to put any make-up on. I have loads of make-up and all great brands and i've spent alot of money on it but I cant be bothered to take the time to put it on! Would rather spend the extra time in bed!!!!

I know as i get older then I will start putting on more make-up as when i am tired i will put abit of conceler on and powder.

i wear concealer under my eyes to cover the bags. a matt foundation, a bit of eyeshadow maybe 2 tone, mascara and gloss.

In the evening i wear the same but eyeliner, and lipstick.

i feel naked without my make up on. its kinda like a mask for me, i feel more confident.
i wear mascara, lots of it!! :eek: no..it doesnt look like spider legs
shimmer powder for my eyes a bit of eyeliner lipgloss is applied about twenty times a day lol ... oh and a little bit of eyebrow pencil as they are very faint .

I don't wear any make up during the day, just a good moisturiser with SPF15. I use Mascara and lip gloss if I go out which is very rare these days as my children are very small. I can't put it on anyway I look like a clown sometimes when i try !!:rolleyes:

i feel naked without my make up on. its kinda like a mask for me, i feel more confident.
i wear mascara, lots of it!! :eek: no..it doesnt look like spider legs
shimmer powder for my eyes a bit of eyeliner lipgloss is applied about twenty times a day lol ... oh and a little bit of eyebrow pencil as they are very faint .
Maybe get those eyebrows tinted you will be amazed at how it brings those eyebrows to life again.:)

I don't wear make up at all in the day - it's not the putting it on it's the taking it off I can't be bothered with!!! When I worked in an office I used to wear foundation, eyeshadow and mascara.

For an evening out I wear the above with a bit more emphasis on eyeshadow and add a bit of lipgloss..... I'm lucky my skin is generally good, but at 36 I ought to make more of an effort!!!

Now my hair - never leave the house without it washed, dried and straightened...... except Sundays LOL!!!

I wear bronzer, mascara and lip gloss during the day! I feel really rough without my make up on and it does really make a difference to me when I have make up on.

In the evening, I wear, foundation, bronzer, mascara, lip gloss, eye liner and eye shadow!

most days i dont bother with makeup i just look like a rough old bird:irked:

but if i do wear makeup in the day it is
eye liner
shadow
maskara
lipstick

if i go out its
concealer
foundation
eye lightener
eye liner
mascara
3 diferent colours of eye shadow blended together
lip pencil
lipstick

Maybe get those eyebrows tinted you will be amazed at how it brings those eyebrows to life again.:)
do you know i was thinking that as i was typing! i think i will get it done . there is a first time for everything eh xx

Hi,
I used to work in the beauty shop at M&S and so had to be made up all of the time..

I wear make up all the time when i'm in tech mode but on sundays i give my skin the day off..

I usually wear.. mark's highlighter for my dark circles.. ( i think it's as good as touche clat and half the price) then bronzer, eyeliner. mascara and blush .

debbie x

daytime for work Mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow , lipgloss
Night out The works lol

loose powder, eye liner, mascara and lipstick for work. going out its full slap time, but just because I usualy dont have time and its nice to have the time and put perfume on too. Working with a bunch of guys meens if I where deoderent they get excited:)

Hiya

I wear makeup all the time love it.
I changed all my makeup/skin care 2 CHANEL:hug:

I like the natural bronzed look

I use Universal face bronzer and powder compact(never wear foundation find it heavy)
Lip Gloss and Natural Lip liner(evenings i use my bling gloss)
Plus all the other bits i use eyes/lashes the full face etc

would never not wear it

jenx

i thought i wore a lot, but now im sure i dont lol!!
in the day time i wear, eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick and a bit of blush, in evening the same but with darker eyes and maybe eyeliner, i havent worn foundation since i was 14
if i put it on now i feel funny lol!!

mind you im never without my lippy!!!

i dont wear alot of makeup - just mascara and lippy for me - oh and abit of eyeliner - i do my eyes up on a night tho with charcole etc

Latest posts

Back