How much to charge for man's perm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxi

Reaction score
I charge £30 for short hair ladies perm with a cut and £25 without. A man's haircut is £6.
I really have no idea what to price it at, so help please!! :)

the exact same as the womans. . . same time is taken lol x

That's what my husband said. i might knock a fiver off if he has it cut though, seeing as a mans cut is £5 cheaper anyway. Ta :)

do men still have perms these days, i thought that went out years ago.
is it still popular ?

i charge by what kind of cut .... if it is just clipper work and small bit of scissors id charge around £7-10 ... but if it is a full style scissor cut as was meantioned it takes the same length of time as a ladies so you should charge the same price as you would a ladies... :) the perm and cuttin of the actual hair takes the same length of time if male or female so should not be any different ... thats how i see it anyway x

Last edited:
Yes but sometimes a mans cut takes longer than a womans cut and a mans cut is much cheaper!
Why does everywhere charge less for a mans cut? I can understand if it's just clippering but you men get off lightly at the hairdressers!

not in our shop LOL their is a gents section for like short back n sides basic barbery stuff, but if a guy is comin in and gettin a cut n blow dry like a female client would get, im dammed if they gettin charged less. . . sexism and all that, HOWEVER i do see a rational for charging cheaper for guys, some less modern guys need wood into a salon as i can just hear them now " HOW MUCH, OH NO IM NAE PAYIN THAT PRICES" lol. . .

Well his hair cut took like 10 mins, he's in his 60's with quite fine hair, but still a full head.

He's been having it permed for years, I cut it for the first time a couple of days ago. he said his old hairdresser years ago recommended he had it done as it was very flat, so he's had it done every 12 weeks since. I'ver only ever permed one other mans hair, an asian man who wanted it very curly. Maybe it going to make a come back?? :lol:

Cheers everyone btw :)

I can't imagine what a 60 yr old male with a perm looks like! Did it turn out o.K? :eek:

I haven't done it yet, he says it will be in about 6 weeks. He said he likes it permed on smallish rollers so it is curly, but then he blowdries it out...:lol: Ah well if that's what he wants.

Hee hee, I'm sure it will be great, good luck.

Latest posts

Back