How much weight did you gain over Xmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hi guys who wants to get it off their chest (or hips, bum and thighs lol) did you pig out, and how much did you gain. I weighed in at slimming world and I gained 4.5 pounds over Christmas. Anyone looking to lose weight this year? Was all the food worth it? Xxx

Yeah right. As if I'm going to pop myself on the scales now and become suicidal! I've got a party here tomorrow night and have to put on my happy face. :biggrin:

However I'm guessing 2 stone give or take a few pounds.

I pigged out and I'd do it again if I had the chance! Thought I had gained 5lb as of Saturday but checked today and have now only gained 1lb but my 'official' weigh in isn't until the 8th Jan!

Hoping to get to my goal weight this year about 1stone 4lb to go!x

If it was just Christmas that was the issue I'd be ok....it's throughout the rest of the year that is the problem!

Every time I walk past the scales I pretend they're not there!

Battery went flat in the scales early December and I've not had time to replace them yet. I guess Wednesday is a good day to do that task.

Nothing like standing in a dressing room in your undies to motivate you though..:eek:

I've no idea what I gained over Christmas, but I need to lose a stone. I was going to start on Wednesday but had to bring it forward because my clothes were just too uncomfortable.
I started on Saturday just gone and have given myself the target of half a stone by the time Excel comes around, which I think is sensible. I've also logged back into myfitnesspal which is really motivating.

I'm afraid to get on the scale! :eek:

I weighed at SW on Friday and gained 1 lb, I don't think Thursdays weigh in will be so kind lol, I just couldn't stop with the quality street/celebrations! Fresh start for the new year & get to my target by end of feb xx

I've been staying at my mams and I've lost 3lbs. I eat terribly at home :S

I don't dare weigh myself either, just know I have to lose 100 pounds before my next hot date !!! So that's never going to happen !

I don't dare weigh myself either, just know I have to lose 100 pounds before my next hot date !!! So that's never going to happen !

I need to get a hot date first!!!! Hahaaa

I was a good girl and when to the gym today!!! Still got a stone or two, if I really can be bothered, to go!!

I'm the same! No idea how much I gained but I want to lose just over a stone,maybe more now Xmas has been!
Joined the gym and attempting healthy eating....
Excel sounds like a good goal point!

I dread to think how much I've put on over xmas.

I'd like to lose a little weight this year. About.... 6 stone haha

I'm starting by doing 3 month sponsored no alcohol for Cancer Research! Anyone that knows me knows this will be a struggle, all I do is drink cocktails haha.

If anyone is kind enough and wishes to sponsor me, please feel free to pm me and I can send you the link to my JustGiving page so that the money goes direct to Cancer Research.

This is the start of my weight loss and I can't wait :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I plan to lose 5 kilos by march 1st. OH is on the journey with me, we need to cut down on portions and sweet stuff in the evenings.
He is getting the eating plan written and we will head to the gym twice a week.

I have put on almost 3 lbs over Christmas which is quite annoying as I have been to the gym every other day (instead of daily) and don't feel I have eaten everything I wanted. :rolleyes:

This time last year I joined the gym/fitness centre. Over the year I have calorie counted, eaten less carbs, and done the gym or fitness class 6 days out of 7, and am proud to say I am now well over 2 stone lighter. Its not just vanity, my BMI was high and I was having chest pains so it was time to act.

But I do feel I HAVE to keep it up or its all going to go back on. Quite depressing that if I can put 3lb on in a fortnight, it would take approximately 20 weeks to pile the whole lot back on. :irked:

I dread to think! I'd like to blame it on my ever growing bump, but I've troughed like a pig!

Whenever we've had a had a big blow out on food one of us sings to the tune of LMFAO's Party Rockers... Every day I'm truff-er-ling... can't tell you how many times we've sung it this Christmas!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

For 3 weeks before Christmas I was on a healthy eating and shake plan called JuicePlus and lost just over a stone ! Was chuffed as I want to lose 4/5 stone altogether .. But I let loose over Christmas and have gained 2lb, although it feels like the stone is back on - good thing though as because I feel rubbish and sluggish I'm determined I'm back on it as of Wed :)!!

Ps I'm becoming a mentor for JP in the next week or so, so if anyone wants info please pm me xx

I lost 6lb coming up to Christmas, I think I've put 3lb back on. It's all round my belly though, I'm growing a food baby!

Latest posts

Back