How much would you charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stampy

Reaction score
I'm a mobile booked to do a children's party next week and can't decide what to charge per child.

The treatment will be a soak in foot spa, mini foot massage, file and paint with nail art. I have a mini bottle of nail polish per child too.

I'm thinking £5 per child.

Does that sound reasonable? Too cheap? There are five kids.

Thanks! x

Hi,
Thats sounds reasonable to me!!

Maybe you would be best of charging for your time? How long do you think you will be there for? Dont forget you need to cover your costs for getting there, products and your time. At the moment you are charging less than what it would cost for a file and polish.
Good luck I always find it hard putting a price on any kind of party or group.

I personally think you are not charging enough. Also what age are the children as the older they are, the bigger their tootsies.

I would charge £8 without the mini polish gift and £10 with the gift. No less.

Also agree with the mum that there may be an extra charge if kids smudge and spoil their polish (which they do) and then want you to repaint.

Does sound a bit cheap to me, I wouls have said between £8 to £10 with gift.x

Hi i have to agree with suzie49 and mrs clooney.

I would charge £10 for service and £12- £13.00 with gift.

Although in theory kids treatments cost less and are quicker to do i find it quite fiddly and slightly time consuming as kids are too excited to settle.

Also lets face it you have your overheads/travel e.t.c and to make a profit.You will be there maby 2-3 hours so it needs to be worth your while. Also if the parents can afford this extravegance for a kids party then they can afford £10 per child.
It would cost a lot more to do the usual kids things like bowling e.t.c

Good luck

Hi, it sounds a little on the cheap side, most mums would be happy to pay a little more, maybe £6 or £7, however, that said, you can sometimes get some brilliant leads from kids parties. I've done a few and usually come away with at least one booking from another mum, auntie whatever, specially if you wear extensions that you yourself have done!

Sometimes these become regulars - or just pass the word round. And don't forget to pop your treatment list, business card/leaflet, or a voucher in the party bag!

The worst thing is the kids smudging the polish and coming back to be re-done - one I went to had a bouncy castle as well as me doing nails, not the ideal combo lol! Have fun and if they don't give you alcohol, take your own. :wink2:

I'm a mobile booked to do a children's party next week and can't decide what to charge per child.

The treatment will be a soak in foot spa, mini foot massage, file and paint with nail art. I have a mini bottle of nail polish per child too.

I'm thinking £5 per child.

Does that sound reasonable? Too cheap? There are five kids.

Thanks! x

Hi

I do these and charge £9.95 per head with goody bag. Include in the bag your business card and leaflets and perhaps a discount voucher for mum!

like the discount voucher idea Jules, I would say £10 a head you have to cover your costs. I think these parties are a great idea as you can talk the girls through what your doing giving a mini tutorial on how to look after their feet and how important it is to take care of them, remember they maybe to young now for fortnightly apps but they wont be forever. giving the vouchers to the mums is a great idea of getting potentially 2 new clients from each guest :)

I personally think you are not charging enough. Also what age are the children as the older they are, the bigger their tootsies.

I would charge £8 without the mini polish gift and £10 with the gift. No less.

Also agree with the mum that there may be an extra charge if kids smudge and spoil their polish (which they do) and then want you to repaint.

I agree with Mrs Clooney here.
By the time you've got there, set up, faffed about with the kids feet & they've smudged them - they will you know! Re-done a couple and all that packed away etc You'll be ages.
I don't do kids parties, thought about it -got a few bits in & thought - Nah, not for me!
Minimum of £10, plus if you give a goodie bag - £12- 13.00.

I did consider setting a minimum charge/number of kids, such as 5 kids being the minimum, or I'd charge for 5 even if there were less. Plus, you could give a different price for say 10 or more kids.

HTH's xxxx

For what your doing hun i think its too cheap i wonder think about charging £8+ per child:)

Hi hun, if u follow the link above it will give u an idea.:)
When i first started doing childrens partys i was very much like yourself in the sence of pricing. But to be succesfull u need to price right. Firstly u need to work out how much product u will use for how ever many children u are doing. Ie are u going to do your own nail art ie flicks and flowers etc or are u going to use transfers. The party bags also need to be costed. So for example if u are going to do a mini spa, toes painted, finger nails painted, that is roughly gonna cost u 1.00 per child, then u have the party bags. I went to a big wholesalers for my items if u buy goodies from the high street it can work out costly.
U need to be doing a party bag for no more than 2.00 pound per child. So up to press u have used 3.00 So u are charging five pound, which gives u a remaining two pound left.
U have to consider your fuel as well. If u are going locally average at five pound for getting there and back and that is an estimation. So if u have a party for 5 princesses and u take your costs and fuel off, u are there for two hours inc set up time. U have earnt 2.50 an hour. Now not being funny here hun, but that aint a business and u certainly are not gonna get rich or even really break even, cos there is always little costs that creep in.
So basically u need to work out what will go in the party bags , how much it is gonna cost u, how much your product is and then your fuel and time. So work out what u want to earn per hour and then go from there.
One of the biggest problems that our industry is having is that at college u are not tought how to cost treatments. Many of us go off what others are charging and then in this climate try and undercut. What happens here is these therapists are not covering overheads, cost of equipment etc, then the guys who cost everything to come out at higher prices, but jo blogs down the road would rather go for the cheaper option and undercut, hence not makeing a proffitable business and us that are trying to build a business have to fight tooth and nail, because they can get the same thing down the road for half that price. This is no disrespect to u hun, cos it is a new venture to u but u need to break everything down to succeed Hope this helps xxxx:hug:

Thanks to everyone for all their great advice. Will not sell myself short so am going to charge around £8 per child. Thanks again ! :hug:

I charge for my time - £40 for a two hour party, plus extra if there are more children. Sounds like I should up my rate a bit!

They are a lot of work, especially with the younger ones (think 6-9 years). I do a colouring contest for this age group - I have these "hand" colouring sheets where the nails are blank. I provide glitter pens and markers, and it keeps the girls busy for a while when I'm working on individuals. The winner gets a prize (I judge - I just ask them not to put their names on the front). I also bring a prize for the birthday girl.

Also - don't offer glitter (unless it's already in a glitter polish) or the mum will be picking it up for all eternity :)

I find that the little ones have a terrible time deciding, so limit your choices a bit or they'll keep changing their minds!

Well, it's showtime... gotta run!

Dawn

I charge for my time - £40 for a two hour party, plus extra if there are more children. Sounds like I should up my rate a bit!

They are a lot of work, especially with the younger ones (think 6-9 years). I do a colouring contest for this age group - I have these "hand" colouring sheets where the nails are blank. I provide glitter pens and markers, and it keeps the girls busy for a while when I'm working on individuals. The winner gets a prize (I judge - I just ask them not to put their names on the front). I also bring a prize for the birthday girl.

Also - don't offer glitter (unless it's already in a glitter polish) or the mum will be picking it up for all eternity :)

I find that the little ones have a terrible time deciding, so limit your choices a bit or they'll keep changing their minds!

Well, it's showtime... gotta run!

Dawn
Great idea about the colouring contest Dawn. I did something entertaining for a bunch of 13 yr olds. Instead of 'Pin the tail on the donkey', I organized ' Plant a kiss on Brad Pitt (or the party girls fave celebrity)'. I printed off a pic of the celeb and printed and cut some lips to be blue tacked where the girls planted them whilst blindfolded. They loved it!

As for charging £40 for 2 hour party, I would definitely recommend increasing that to about £50 depending on the number of girls.

Latest posts

Back