How often do you change a set of tips ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylznailz

uniquelicious
Reaction score
I ask this question so i can gather all your views on this

i use french white tips the most an overlay with gel
reason been i go to pieces when i use acrylic
i think its because im going from one extreme to the other

where as gel is light feather stringin an acrylic u have to be fast hard an quick before the dam thing sets
id love to be able to do it
i really havnt the money to go on a creative course right now
but that is my aim

but as for now i keep using french white tips the most
but when that smile line moves down its a nightmare becasue i have to remove the tips
alternatively you can infill with pink an white gel
but the smile line i cant get sharp
an i think they tend to look thicker then

or you can use polish which i think looks like tippex
or airbrush it in which i think alot of people do

but i do a few infills then remove tips an re-apply a fresh set
but i dont feel this is any good to the natural nail
keep re-applying tips

whats your views on this

look forward to your replies

Hayl x

p.s still stuck on me avatar ............. done what it says but its having none of it

LOL never if I can help it ........

I use Brisa Gel in my salon and must admit I love it..............
It does what I want it to do lol.........and that dont happen very often with products.........

I sculpt Pink and whites or tip and overlay, using the clear tips and scultping gel, if the nail plate needs a little help, missing sidewalls and the like........

I rebalance the nails, removing some of the bulk and re applying the white smile line with the paint on gel .............so the nails always look thin and sleek.

Why not give your training or product provider a call, they might be able to give you some advise on this...........
There is also Anna's tutorial on the net...........she is ace does some fab gel nails and shares her tips and tricks with us there.....
http://www.polished.ca/

You will get there babe xxxxxxxxx

hi
i am not sure what product you use but i found it is always down to that. If you have a good quality product then you should not have problems like that. I use creative acrylic and it does not set too quick it gives you plenty of time to get it just right and when you need to do infills they come out perfect. If you want to know where you can get this or where you can get Brisa Kit let me know there is a new site that has just come out that sells most of the things.
Hope this helps

hi ruth

thanks for the reply mate........

i know i need to get more practise in but never get the time

i will give grafton a ring

an as for scultpting i think you defintely need to go on a course for that

the thing i like about ibd gels...... there strong an i only have to use one gel that does it all

i loved the akzentz gels but you had so many gels builder bonder top gloss etc
i couldnt be done with all that ibd so much faster an easier

but thanks again lovely kind reply
your all so helpfull

haylx

Hi Hayl,
You said you love IBD but maybe........???
Brisa might just be the ticket for you there then,
you use a liquid bonder, like a primer to ensure covalent bonding, then you can use either the pink or the clear to build up your nail......
The white sculpting gel is brill, it works very similar to L&P white.........or the paint on white for natural overlays in rebalances..........it is also hypoallergenic a big plus in my book.......

So not dozens of little pots .........
Put it on your Christmas list, you never know xxxxxx
I have used all and sundries in the Gel form and found this to be the best..........
L&P in Gel form............. and all the time in the world and it doesn't set until you UV cure it..................

As you have been a Gel Technician for quiet a while, all you would do is the conversion..( one year certified and over)......... buy the kit and get the course free............ and they will even show you how to use sculpting forms..........
I did my conversion and boy it was brill...........
Just a thought Hun xxxxx

hi ruth

i will look into that brisa gel as it sounds abit like ibd primer then pink or clear to build

have they got a website of contact num of company ????????

will def look into it

hay x

Hi Hayley,
0113 275 0433 thats the Acadamy contact number........they will advise you on cost and kit and conversion..........

HTH

thanks ruth

your a star !

gr8 qrite up in the scratch mag by the way ! go girlfriend lol.. x

Latest posts

Back