How often do you do change your own Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meira

Reaction score
I'm new to using Shellac so am used to changing my polish every 4-5 days. I'm so excited to try out new stuff with my shellac but wanted to know how often you could take it off and redo - not sure I want to wait two weeks till I change it lol!

Thanks Xx

I'm a nightmare for it too!, constantly wanting to try new things!! :) I'm new to this though so it's all good practice! Xx

I'm a nightmare for it too!, constantly wanting to try new things!! :) I'm new to this though so it's all good practice! Xx

Yeh exactly, I would do it every other day if I could but don't want to damage my nails doing it too often xx

Hi, I cant last two weeks, I get bored and want to try new ideas out.....I see it as advertising :biggrin:

If I am very patiently I change after 10 days, but mostly i am not that patient and I change within 10 days, sometimes within one week. To much colours that are screaming "I want next, I want next''
pffff another shellacoholic here..:rolleyes:

I must admit I wait 2 weeks. I never seem to have the time to do it and I use the BL smoothing gel underneath too.

I still get stuck with which design I want though. Today I did Ruby Ritz for the first time.

I change mine every 2 weeks! I have poppies on for Remembrance Day so they need changed.

I was changing my Gelish every 4 or 5 days. I'm halfway through acrylic training now though, so I'm not meant to be touching them between classes. I can't wait to be able to do what I want again in 3 weeks...just in time for some snazzy Xmas designs :D xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for all the replies :) guess I'll have to leave it a few more days before i change mine. (Only did them on Tuesday!) Xx

Hi, I cant last two weeks, I get bored and want to try new ideas out.....I see it as advertising :biggrin:

I'm exactly the same lol x

usually once a week, I love doing it and yes its a walking advertisement :)

Every 2 weeks ... I don't do the re-growth thing.

Those of you eager beavers who want to change every few days .why not just use VINYLUX over the BL smoothing gel so you don't have to remove it so often ... Or ... Do you pick it off! :wink2: just repainting a new colour over the smoothing gel.

You should not be soaking off so often and are heading for trouble. To minimise the troubles you have, if you are going to pick and wrap off so often ... Better use Solar oil at least twice a day every day ... Solar Oil works because it has a cumulative effect and if not used regularly you won't get the most benefit from it.

Two weeks ladies is best for your nails !!

I leave my shellac on about a week/ten days. Also I don't always re do it straight away. I leave it off for a few days and I get to show my clients how prolonged use won't damage your nails, how you can have it removed and have lovely nails underneath if you wish to have a few days off for operations/activity weekends etc. But it always goes back on, plus I'm a religious oiler! X

Those of you eager beavers who want to change every few days .why not just use VINYLUX over the BL smoothing gel so you don't have to remove it so often ... Or ... Do you pick it off! :wink2: just repainting a new colour over the smoothing gel.

You should not be soaking off so often and are heading for trouble. To minimise the troubles you have, if you are going to pick and wrap off so often ... Better use Solar oil at least twice a day every day ... Solar Oil works because it has a cumulative effect and if not used regularly you won't get the most benefit from it.

I must admit, my nails have never been so weak as they have over the last few months that I've upped the ante with nails. Lesson learned for me; when my training is over (for this year), I'll be a good girl and keep it on longer :)

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

My current shellac that I had done on holiday has been on 3 weeks. It's still perfecft, no chips but the regrowth looks awful so it's got to come off.

I don't do Shellac though, so I'm going to have to gelicure them but I have to admit, I prefer the shellac and I'll see how I get on with removal because gelicure is a bit of a pain to remove sometimes. Possibly gonna be a shellac course happening in my near future!

10 days...nails get too long for me after that. I always have bare nails for a bit after removal though because I like to give my nails a break :)

Thanks Geeg. I've had Shellac in the past and it's never lasted more than a few days on my peeling flaky nails so always stuck to normal polish since then so could change it as soon as it chips.

But having done my training this week and doing my own nails with Shellac on Tuesday, its lasting brilliantly so far which hasn't happened before. I was totally expecting to need to soak it off by now but I'm using solar oil twice a day and my nails feel very different. That's definitely good advertising for myself! Xx

I use gelish and do them every 2/3 weeks, I have no time to do them more unless I just add some quick nail art etc after a week or so :) Like geeg I do not do re growth ;) xx

It's also good to advertise the fact you've had them on 2 weeks. I was in the local shop on Wednesday and the girl noticed my nails who served me. I said to her they had been on two weeks and I'm needing to redo them. She then commented on her own nails and that she had gel on, but after a week it was all off. Handed her my business card!:biggrin:

I do 2 weeks for a couple of reasons:
- my Shellac Clients usually get to see my same nails on two appointments if they return in 2 weeks. This affirms the fact that Shellac can and does last well even though my hands are in contact with body scrubs/acetone and the like!
- I get the best wear time out of my product, so value for money
- I don't go longer than 2 weeks because I don't like the look of regrowth
- With 2 weeks gap, I have plenty of time to plan my next manicure/style, colour etc (I often wear a colour/design I've seen a celebrity wear, then I can say...."oh yes, Nicole Kidman wore this style at the Oscars!" Then they want that style too!

Latest posts

Back