How often do you have a 'no show'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many 'no shows' do you get?

• Never had a no show

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Only ever had one or two

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Get a 'no show' on the odd occasion

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • At least once a week

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Am plagued by 'no shows' all the time!

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
No shows are a bit like buses... they seem to come in twos and threes and then you don't get another one for ages:green:
I text all my clients two days before the appointment so don't get many no shows, maybe a few a year, but I go all physic before it happens and just get that feeling that she's not coming... the worst part is waiting like a fool as you have to give them the 10 or 15 mins to be late and then you think that when you told her 2pm.. what she actually heard was 2.30pm so you watch the door in a sweat 'cause it's too late to do them now anyway.. aahh the joys of it all.

I absolutely hate not being busy so I usually take the time to do a few freebie files and french paints for the ladies in the hair salon, while they are getting their hair done .. it makes their day and it stops me getting lazy (or worse .. making big cups of tea and stuffing my face with choccie)... anyway let's just hope I don't get any physic feelings this week :)

Some weeks we used to get a lot of no-shows. Then I introduced our cancellation policy which is adhered to & that's really cut down on them.

Their 1st no show they get a warning, which is noted on their record card. Any more n/s they get charged.

We may have lost 1 or 2 clients but at least we don't get messed around anymore by them. Some clients were an absolute nightmare - they can be unreliable elsewhere :)

I do the same as you. I always mention it when they next come in and thats when I reinforce my rules and say that there will be a charge for any missed appointments in future (all in the most friendly tone of course).

Dont really have a problem with no shows. If its a first time client I ask for a 50% deposit. If a client had an odd here and there no show or a cancellation on the day of their appointment they have to pay for their appointment in advance.

There is nothing more irritating or rude than a client that doesn't show up for an appointment or is continually late. I do tend to ring or text the continual offenders to remind them of the appointment. Then if they still don't show then I charge them 50% of the treatment. However having said that most of my clients are pretty good at keeping appointments. They know that if they miss then they will lose their regular slot.
:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back