How often do you replace nail polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applepie

Reaction score
I use Orly and have had most of my collection for almost 2 years now. I have always found their polish on the thick side tbh but not a problem.

Lately though some are still fine but some have been getting thicker over time and some now need all my skill and patience to produce a good paint job as they start to get gloopy as soon as I start painting! Most bottles are still way more than half full.

Is this about the average life span for pro nail polishes?
Do you replace a colour as soon as it gets thick?

I'm in two minds what to do as I have found Orly to be great for pedis but not very long lasting on mani's. Not sure why that is - any ideas?!

I'm considering just going for a whole new range for polishes and am debating the new CND or Essie
- CND because I use the mani and pedi products or Essie because I use their polishes for French Mani and have got on really well with them.

Any thoughts on either to help me make my mind up pleease?!

I use CND and have 90 of there colour polishes and have the same problems, I have tried storing them in various places but always have the same problems with them. I haope there new ones are better ;-)

I have alot of cnd polishes and dont have any problems at all.

My friend gave me some orly polish racks and varnishes when she closed her salon alot of them new and they are all gloopy and horrible and the brush is glooped together not too impressed! yet i've got a couple of the orly shimmers and they are fine and i've had them for a couple of years so not sure what it is but i've noticed it's in the manicure polish collection and the dark colours.

Hi,
I use SpaRitual polishes, they run out before they need to be thrown out.
But I am waiting for the new CND range as a treat to myself and my clients :hug:.
x x x

I'm in two minds what to do as I have found Orly to be great for pedis but not very long lasting on mani's. Not sure why that is - any ideas?!

quote]

Your hands are in water a lot more than your feet. Also you use your hands for lots of things and my polish always lasts longer on my toes.
I think it would be the same with any brand.

I use Orly and have had most of my collection for almost 2 years now. I have always found their polish on the thick side tbh but not a problem.

Lately though some are still fine but some have been getting thicker over time and some now need all my skill and patience to produce a good paint job as they start to get gloopy as soon as I start painting! Most bottles are still way more than half full.

Is this about the average life span for pro nail polishes?
Do you replace a colour as soon as it gets thick?

I'm considering just going for a whole new range for polishes and am debating the new CND or Essie
- CND because I use the mani and pedi products or Essie because I use their polishes for French Mani and have got on really well with them.

Any thoughts on either to help me make my mind up pleease?!
CND enamels have no lifespan whatsoever,i want an enamel to last till the end,and you get that from CND,i have never ever replaced a colour! The viscosity is just so free flowing,and that is why i converted to them!

As for the new range,wait till Sept 1st,try a few,i will be getting the whole lot:)....the possibilities are endless,and the bonus is that you can create so many colourful effects:idea:

CND enamels have no lifespan whatsoever,i want an enamel to last till the end,and you get that from CND,i have never ever replaced a colour! The viscosity is just so free flowing,and that is why i converted to them! That sounds good news - nobody wants to throw away a polish when there's loads left but I wondered if I was maybe expecting too much!

As for the new range,wait till Sept 1st,try a few,i will be getting the whole lot:)....the possibilities are endless,and the bonus is that you can create so many colourful effects:idea:

Also, do you mind me asking - have you ever experienced any drying time issues with them?

I have alot of cnd polishes and dont have any problems at all.

My friend gave me some orly polish racks and varnishes when she closed her salon alot of them new and they are all gloopy and horrible and the brush is glooped together not too impressed! yet i've got a couple of the orly shimmers and they are fine and i've had them for a couple of years so not sure what it is but i've noticed it's in the manicure polish collection and the dark colours.
Yes, you're right, that's true, it is the reds and deep purples etc that are really bad and the shimmers and light colours are all fine.

Also, do you mind me asking - have you ever experienced any drying time issues with them?

No drying time issues at all which is great!

Yes, you're right, that's true, it is the reds and deep purples etc that are really bad and the shimmers and light colours are all fine.

I was gutted she gave me "naughty" which i'd wanted to try and the bottle was half full and had gone manky in the light you can even see where it has dried to the insides of the bottle and it's a shame as they have really lovely colours and at a good price but in business i can't afford to spend money where it's literally wasted! My french white and pinks have done it aswell, have you found this?

I have to say though i can't complain at all about the CND polish's

I would be lying if i said it all dried in 3 mins:green:

However there is no real downside as the enamels dry within 15 mins or so,however the trick is applying your enamel thinly,as the layers will dry more evenly,and i could not live without solar speed spray:hug:

I've used OPI, CND and Orly. I like them all but my CND always last longest. I do find my white gets glupey but this is with all of my brands

I was gutted she gave me "naughty" which i'd wanted to try and the bottle was half full and had gone manky in the light you can even see where it has dried to the insides of the bottle and it's a shame as they have really lovely colours and at a good price but in business i can't afford to spend money where it's literally wasted! My french white and pinks have done it aswell, have you found this?

I have to say though i can't complain at all about the CND polish's

Yes, naughty is one of the polishes heading for a gloopy mess, shame as it is lovely and very popular
And yes, my french ones were the first to go thick hence why I started using Essie as they were recommended on here - they have been fab.

Thanks for your comments girls. Looks like CND are a good buy. I am rubbish at choosing colours mail order - think I will call S2 to see if the Bournemouth centre actually display and sell the them as I could get down there in person.

Latest posts

Back