How old is too old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not change my career til I was 39, I was a drug worker for 15 years, now I work with a different crack problem, the Butt Sac and Crack, you go for it, I believe being older is better.

Hi all! I've wanted to do make up for years as a career but things got in the way as they usually do. Now I'm in a place where I can go off and actually train but my problem is this... By the time I qualify I'll be 27/28. Do you think thats too old to be starting a completely new career, esp when most people starting out are around 18? :cry:

i passed my nvq in hairdressing at 49 i didnt start nails till i was in my late 30's and i have not stopped training since i am now a qualified make up artist, hair extensionist, beautician,you are as old as you feel dont let anyone including yourselve say your to old .

i think the older you are the better u are with people. the girls that come to me have no people skills what so ever. i trained when i was 30. im thirty five in a few week and im still training now

I did my origional beauty therapy at 35 and my nails at 38, know I am 39...............between here and 40 I want to fit in my CND conversion, redo my wax training and spray tanning and I may even flirt with flirties !!!!! You are never to old to do what you love !

Well I'm just starting out and am the grand old?? Age of 36!! I don't think you're ever too old. I personally think that those who go into something new when a little more mature tend to be more commited.
Lou xx
Posted via Mobile Device

I was 37/38/39 and 40 when I qualified in various holistic therapies, and I haven't stopped yet :) lol. Good luck with it all x

Agree with Lou above, we had a few youngsters on all the courses I trained in and they were the ones that left after Christmas time, no patience some of them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back