How painful is a Hollywood?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like a lot of the therapists have said on here it really depends on you and your sensitivity, my sister in law crys like a baby having her legs waxed...I have other clients who sit happily chatting away on the phone whilst I do their bikini!! I trained with Lycon, and when I knew that we would be using each other as models I worried about it all night (I had a very bad waxing experience at college) but you know what it really wasnt that bad....and now I do my own! There are little areas that hurt more than others, the area on your pubis and to the sides of the labia but apart from that its nada!! Take a couple of paracetamol, dont go the few days before your period as you will be more sensitive then adn more than any thing dont stress on it....you will love the results and wonder what all the fuss was about, also remember that the more you have it done the less painful it becomes as the hair follicle becomes more damaged the hair grows back finer and more tapered. Good luck adn let us know how you get on! xxxxx

I go to fab, Kim Lawless trained waxer but I ain't gonna lie, I find it really painful (I have no problems having my legs, underarms etc waxed).

However, my therapist is quick & extremely professional and, as soon as she is finished, the pain is gone and I am hairfree for weeks so, for me, it's worth it.

Everyone is different though and you won't know until you try. Just make sure you go on a recommendation

hnmph you think thats bad...you should try a back sac nd crack missus
:eek::biggrin::biggrin::hug:

The things us guy's go through for you ladies :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hnmph you think that's bad...you should try childbirth Collin!!!!

I think us ladies win this one :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hnmph you think that's bad...you should try childbirth Collin!!!!

I think us ladies win this one :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Come on with any pleasure there is pain :eek::lol:

Ok ok you win :hug:

But in the end its us guy's that always end up footing the bill ...emotionally and practically:irked:

oh and not forgetting we have to shave every morning :eek::lol::lol::hug:

Sorry to jump on!! Im thinking of a hollywood too, have never had ANYTHING waxed before so its a brave step lol! I've heard of getting on all fours...is this true???

Sorry to jump on!! Im thinking of a hollywood too, have never had ANYTHING waxed before so its a brave step lol! I've heard of getting on all fours...is this true???

It is where I go.

It's not the most elegant pose but I just keep telling myself "It's only a bum, everyone's got one"!:lol:

I'm not going to lie - I find it painful. BUT, once you do it you will never go back to shaving ever again!! I trained with Kim Lawless a few years back and had my first ever Braz done by her and continued to go back every four weeks to keep it in 'control' and it really does help when you next have it done....I now do my own Brazilian :eek: I take a couple of paracetamol's and have a large glass of Savvy B next to me to get through it!!

Be brave and go for it.
x

I finally found someone who does mobile Hollywoods in my area. I have booked in tomorrow :/ I am actually scared haha

Never waxed before apart from my own legs and that didn't hurt. I'm just thinking 40 mins and it's all over. I have had 2 children so shouldn't be embarrassed about getting it all out but I am haha.

Hope I can walk tomorrow and not like john wayne as she said it will be painful and sensitive.

The things we do lol :)

[QUOTE=Nails

Well I won't be doing that again. Seriously painful

Omg really :-/ So what happened??

It is where I go.

It's not the most elegant pose but I just keep telling myself "It's only a bum, everyone's got one"!:lol:

Ha ha elliebee I thought that was so funny and so true!!

Haha it was very very sore. The bikini line and down by the bum was fine didn't really hurt that much atall, the rest was so so painful. She did it in little bits and stopped when it got too much.

It's worse than a tattoo but not as bad as child birth lol :)

Its really sore at the moment but I knew it would be. She was laughing all the way through as she thought I was hilarious but she put me at ease as she was so friendly and professional.

Not sure if I will get it done again but she did say it would be less painful as it goes on. My embarrassment went out the window with my dignity as you just concentrate on the pain haha x

The first hollywood I ever had was the worst. I remember thinking oh god there shouldn't be wax going there!! hahaha. But it does get better! It's never going to be a lovely experience but the first is always the worst!!

Worse than a tattoo though? (The tattoos on my feet I found a million times more painful =than any bikini wax ever!)

Whats the result like?? Xx

Whats the result like?? Xx

I still have some hairs but they were too short to be waxed but I knew that already so she said just to pluck when the sensitivity has calmed down. I had my legs done aswel but that was nothing,pain free but your foo foo is a diff matter haha x

It's a great treatment and will always be sore but it's a million times better than shaving.

I had my tattoo done on my wrist and that hurt like hell so it was more painful than a tattoo but everyone has different pain thresholds and I'm a big wuss haha x x

She should have tweezed them for you. I don't leave my clients with a single hair!

It all depends on who's doing it. Well there's no such thing as a pain free Hollywood but if done with hot wax and by a good waxer, it'll be over before you know it.

She should have tweezed them for you. I don't leave my clients with a single hair!

It hurt a lot so I just wanted to get it over and done with didn't mind about her not tweezing. Was in quite an amount of pain so I was happy for just a few single hairs t be left that I could remove myself :) x

What is hot wax? I had wax applied with a spatula then a strip put on then pulled off. Is that the same thing? X

Ouch!!!! Strip is much sorer I personally find. Hot wax goes hard and sets and it is removed on itself without a strip. To do strip hollywoods you have to be very competent at strip waxing and very experienced I personally think.

Try find somewhere that uses hard wax.

Latest posts

Back