how pleased am i to find this site!?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strangeone

Reaction score
hello all!
i've been fascinated with nailart and such since i used to do my own nails at school and i'm rather artistic and recently i've become bored with my day job. until now i never thought of going into the nail business and my boyfriend and family said i should do this as i'm such a creative person but not using it to it's full potential! i did art and graphics as my chosen subjects at school then did 3 years at college studying intermediate art and design then 3D design but come out at the end not knowing where to go next. so in order to make any money since i've been working in cafes and shops. i'm looking to get on a nail technician course that i'll hopefully start september of this year and after completing i hope to open my own salon from home. i have very good customer service skills from working with people on a daily basis so hopefully this combined with the skills i learn from the nail technician course my plan in this field should work! i'm really looking forward to it! has anyone else here who has started up their own nail salon from home got any tips? i'm so glad i found this site!

welcome to the site Strangeone...
sounds like a clip from Star Trek lol, no offense meant :D

there's loads and loads of info on the site, the tutorials are fab, the advice is fab, the people are fab, you can't go wrong :D
I'll look forward to seeing some of your nailart, you sound very creative.
xx

Hi there and welcome!

I think with a background like you have, you are more qualified than most to go into a career as a nail artist. I think you have identified some of the key skills most people take for granted like customer service (i too come from a cust. serv. background) Many a person will tell you on this site, don't be under any illusion that you will be able to do perfect nails after your first course. You will need to practice loads and then undertake further training.

That said research your training provider fully and understand your options. Enhancements are not as easy to take up as streight nail art. This site is a great inspiration and encouragement to beginners.

Welcome and good luck!

V xx

Hi there strangeone

nice to meet another person from my neck of the woods. There is lots of information on the site and if you want to ask any more questions feel free to come to one of our geek meetings, they are reguarly held in essex and we welcome all new faces.

Nice to have you on board.
x

Welcome to the site.

Sounds like you have allot going for you Strangeone and with an inherent artistic skill you may be one of those 'naturals' who just romp away and do beautiful nails from the start --- I have known one or two in my time.

Artistic skill and people skill sound like a winning combination. Make sure the training you get is the best ... no use wasting time on bad education when you have the talent.
Best of luck.

hi and welcome, :)

thanks to all, you all seem like such nice people!
scattyfox, where in essex do you have the geek meetings, do a lot of people turn up? it would be cool to meet more people and find out more about the nail business. where did you study to become a nail technician? i've so far found a course at south east essex college in the adult courses book i picked up in my local supermarket. it's an evening course that runs mondays and wednesdays for about 3 hours each evening methinks, so that would be pretty ideal cos i can still work during the day and perhaps i could use some of my spare time to practice my artistic skills and do my mums nails or something just to build a portfolio of work. the course runs for a year. i've also found that there is a nail training academy on station road in westcliff and i'm wondering whether this is a good place to look also?

Have sent you a private message
x

Hi Strangeone,
welcome to the site, could we have a name do you think, feels weird calling you strange one. unless of course thats your real name:)

Hi there and welcome to the site!
You will have a fab time here!

Hi Strangeone! I'm not too far from you either... maybe see you at the next geek meet! x

Geek meets are normally every month although we have informal meets sometimes as much as one a week. You can always pop over and come and meet some of us especially for a nail art meet Im sure you would enjoy that.
x

hey and welcome. Dont forget to post some of your work, would love to see your work.

Amy
xxx

jac extreme said:
Hi Strangeone,
welcome to the site, could we have a name do you think, feels weird calling you strange one. unless of course thats your real name:)

Hi!
my name is thirzah (that is pronounced theresa by the way) unusual i know, hence the name strangeone. People call me Tree for short :)

then hi tree and welcome to the site:)

Hi Tree!

Welcome to TNG!

Prepare to become addicted!

Fingertips ND said:
Hi Tree!

Welcome to TNG!

Prepare to become addicted!

i only found this site tuesday and i'm addicted already, can't seem to let a day pass without taking a peek!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back