How stupid!! - Follow up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJoPearce

Reaction score
OK, went into the salon today and did a set of nails on the MOB for the wedding tomorrow.

Her nails were in a bad state. I wish I had my camera with me to take before and after pics to show you all. She was a biter and also had tiny nail beds (width). This was my first biter.

It took me forever to prep the nail as cuticle were really thick an hard an then took forever to blend tips. I was so worried not to catch her poor cuticles and make them worse. Anyway, finally finished, it took me just over 2hrs and they did look nice.

She then asked for her toes to be painted as well , so all in all I'm glad I had to go in as I got experience doing a biter and also hopefully a new client. She took mu BC an wanted to come to my house.

Just wondering - How long does a biter take you to do a full set?

for a really bad biter, who normally have loads of cuticle to remove about 1.45 hrs if im using tips,
i try to sculpt biters now so i dont have to blend tips on a bitten sore area,
also why are the ppl with the tiniest nails usually nail biters?? grrr
well done anyway sounds like you had a worthwhile day, good she took business cards, pat on the back for you mate
ps how lond did it take you then??

for a really bad biter, who normally have loads of cuticle to remove about 1.45 hrs if im using tips,
i try to sculpt biters now so i dont have to blend tips on a bitten sore area,
also why are the ppl with the tiniest nails usually nail biters?? grrr
well done anyway sounds like you had a worthwhile day, good she took business cards, pat on the back for you mate
ps how lond did it take you then??

About 2hrs give or take 5 mins.

thats fab mate well done xxx

2 hours sounds good for a bad one, just remember that nail biters need rebalance more often, I read somewhere, could have been Gigi, that the body compensates and the nails grow quicker. What ever its true, plan on a rebalance every week to 10 days for the first month or so.:lol:

I am so pleased it all turned out well for you. It was obviously meant to try you and looks like you got a client for life!

I am so pleased it all turned out well for you. It was obviously meant to try you and looks like you got a client for life!

Hopefully and thank all.
xxx

OK, went into the salon today and did a set of nails on the MOB for the wedding tomorrow.

Her nails were in a bad state. I wish I had my camera with me to take before and after pics to show you all. She was a biter and also had tiny nail beds (width). This was my first biter.

It took me forever to prep the nail as cuticle were really thick an hard an then took forever to blend tips. I was so worried not to catch her poor cuticles and make them worse. Anyway, finally finished, it took me just over 2hrs and they did look nice.

She then asked for her toes to be painted as well , so all in all I'm glad I had to go in as I got experience doing a biter and also hopefully a new client. She took mu BC an wanted to come to my house.

Just wondering - How long does a biter take you to do a full set?
I think you did well getting them done in 2. Thats about the time i take. Severe nail biters often have horrendous cuticle bordering on ptyreigium (lol, my spell checker tool bar is gone). You did all the right things..removing the cuticle thoroughly..and making sure the tips were well blended, plus avoiding nicking her...these are way more important considerations than timing (dont you wish you could charge these clients more,lol) well done to you!

I've just finished my daughters' (really bad biter) tips, gel and dried flowers on ring ringers 1 hours 45 mins.

They look lovely now but I do huff and puff when I do them, they are disgusting normally.

Teri x:hug:

Latest posts

Back