How to deal with the screamers when waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolly22

Reaction score
Hello geeks,

So I am quite confident in intimate waxing now having trained with Kim.

Most of my clients are fine, some flinch a little, some dont bat an eyelid and some are downright jumpers!

I find that they are bringing their leg up so it is in my way and in finding it hard to hold them down. I end up having to stop and wait for them to relax and I can't get my positioning right with their knee up like that. I'm finding that with stretching and pulling my both hands are in use and I don't know how to hold them down.

So how do you geeks deal with a client like this?

P.s I understand it's painful, I'm a screamer lol!

Last edited:
At what point is client leg in the air .. are you doing the underneath round the backside?

Last edited:
Duct tape!! xx:wink2:

I take complete control and I chat all the way through. If the occasional client raises a leg as though to stop me waxing, I push their leg down and continue without a second's hesitation. Read your manual again as I explain in great detail how you should behave.

They'll thank you when it's over quickly and stopping for a breather will prolong it for the few that find waxing painful.

Jacqui they lieing on their back in the normal position and they are bringing their knee up as If to stop me. They ate closing their legs if you like.

Thanks Kim, I know it's not good to stop but it's like they are blocking me lol. I had two of these ones yesterday. I will try holding them down whilst pulling the strip If they're going to be like that.

I was the model for sister in laws first Brazilian after her training - I had never even had a bikini wax before.

I got the poor girl in a knee lock! It completely instinctive & I didn't even know I had done until I felt her pressing on my leg to push it back down.

I was mortified but it gave her a good experience in dealing with awkward clients :)

She's never had anyone else do it to her though...

Turn the music up...I do this when men are in as sometimes they are worse than women...then I cant hear them...I also talk non stop so they dont get a chance to talk about pain:lol:

I hate those clients! You poor thing having 2 in one day! How do they think you can wax them with their legs closed! I explain to them that by doing this they are not getting enough stretch on the skin so they are making the pain worse for themselves! One therapist I worked with before got so annoyed and told the client that waxing isnt for her and she wouldnt finish the treatment :lol: bad form I know but you feel like that sometimes!

As previously said I think the "treat em mean" tactic works here. I am quite harsh if clients are wussy with waxing and normally say that it will hurt much more if they prolong it or prevent me from doing the stretches I need to do.
If they persist I ask them if they would like me to stop, if they don't I ask them to just breathe nice and deeply and regularly as holding breath makes the pain worse, and keep flippin' well still!!
Sometimes I see the hate in their eyes but they keep coming back!!

Lmao great advice girls!

Loving the advice from you Sara, you sound like one mean chick hahaha!

Yes they are lieing in the frog positing and then are bringing their knees up and closing their legs. Making it hard for me to continue. But I will shove their leg down and carry on.

Last nightie was my cousin and I threatened to leave her half and half if he kept this behaviour up! She soon sorted herself out. Lol! X

I know I sound like a hard bitch, but on the rare occasion I get a diva that makes a fuss, I stop half way through and say that maybe I should stop the waxing as it isn't normal to feel that much pain. They soon shut their mouth and open their legs.

Maybe I will try that Kim! Yeah that's what my cousin is a diva! A total hypochondriac lol.

And my other woman it was her first wax so I'll let her off. She came in tonight for a tan and said she recomended the salon to her friend. So she must be over it. X

And might I add she used to get her Hollywood with strip wax! I dread to think what she behaved like then!

I think she was also acting like that because she knows me too. X

And might I add she used to get her Hollywood with strip wax! I dread to think what she behaved like then!

I think she was also acting like that because she knows me too. X

I've had a Hollywood with strip wax! Worst experience ever, she took the whole area over my pubic bone off in one go! It was a rubbish wax too, I actually had to go home and shave!
Rhiannon x

I've had a Hollywood with strip wax! Worst experience ever, she took the whole area over my pubic bone off in one go! It was a rubbish wax too, I actually had to go home and shave!
Rhiannon x

Oh My eyes are watering how awful :-0

Oh My eyes are watering how awful :-0

Yup and I've been shaving ever since as I now don't trust anyone! She also left the room and just vanished after treatment, I waited for a few minutes as I thought she was going to come back in and give me some aftercare. How wrong I was!
Rhiannon x

Yup and I've been shaving ever since as I now don't trust anyone! She also left the room and just vanished after treatment, I waited for a few minutes as I thought she was going to come back in and give me some aftercare. How wrong I was!
Rhiannon x

Very professional, not, I went home & shaved after my first wax, never went back there again :(

Latest posts

Back