How to get client to be daring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audreyduff

Reaction score
I need some advice on how to get your clients to try something new, im mobile and qualified with shellac it's very popular but everyone only ever just wants a plain shellac (don't get me wrong it's great) but I'm looking for a bit more now, I do rockstar and have had a play with carving designs etc, and now just read about eyeshadow on shellac!!! But thing is no clients ever seem to want it, I'm not sure if because they don't want to pay any extra or just like plain old shellac, maybe I just have the wrong type of people round here lol but any advice on how to entice them?? Thanks ;)

Best way to get a client to want something is for you to wear it. They see it on you and if they like it they will want it.
I have been trying to entice a client of mine away from her neutrals and pearly pinks for ages now with my colour wheel full of dark colours...she was having none of it...until she saw me wearing Stand Out red at her last appointment. Looked great on her too, and I didn't even say "Told you so "

One of the best ways to entice your clients is for you to be seem wearing some funky designs. If they can see it in the flesh rather than on colour pops it gives them a much better idea of what its going to look like.

I have before had 10 different designs and also my toes done just to give them an idea :)

I agree with wearing funky designs yourself. Also, could you offer to do some more exciting designs on your friends and photograph them? You could take a little album with you so they could get an idea of how a finished hand would look. Or put the photo's in a newsletter that you email out to your clients, facebook page etc.

As well as the great advice above, I also entice my regular clients by offering art or something slightly different on one ring finger for free.

Most them come back to me with a more open mind, and I can be more creative!

I agree with wearing funky designs yourself. Also, could you offer to do some more exciting designs on your friends and photograph them? You could take a little album with you so they could get an idea of how a finished hand would look. Or put the photo's in a newsletter that you email out to your clients, facebook page etc.

I have a digital photo frame in my salon, showing a range of neutral, plain and funky designs and get a lot of clients looking at it and choosing a design or two from it.

The album is a great idea. In fact, browsing Vistaprint the other day I came across a photo book that you can get printed and bound by them which looks quite professional. Not great when you are wanting to change pictures quite a lot, but when you have a good number you want to keep, it might be an idea.

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/flip-photobooks.aspx?txi=332&xnid=LeftNav332_324_232&xnav=LeftItem

Thanks for your ideas makes sense having designs on your own nails and I do sometimes maybe not as much as I should! Love the photo book idea going to look into this thanks ladies :)

Your best advert is you. Be a little daring yourself, and your clients will probably follow suit.

And sell it. They might question eye shadow on the nails o_O, but if you offered "custom pigments to enhance your color" they might go for it.

Also, on your nails, wear some subtle artwork and some over the top artwork. Some people like a little artwork, whereas some will like lots of bling.

Wear it yourself.
I started by offering just a couple of nails for free, time permitting. Maybe art, gems, stickers or rockstars.
They soon came back for more and more.
Once they've tried it, they very rarely go back.
I have 5 different Rockstar colours on each hand. Clients love it.

Latest posts

Back